How Is Christianity NOT Polytheism?

Homepage Forums Theism How Is Christianity NOT Polytheism?

This topic contains 34 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  PopeBeanie 2 days, 23 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author

michael17
    Participant

Presurrection to Judgement.
    They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might

2 Thessalonians 1:9

This is how it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come and separate the wicked from the righteous and throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

weeping and gnashing before the “second death”

Matthew 13:49-50

“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

The eternal fire is prepared for the devil and his angels but for man the “second death”

Matthew 25:41

If your hand causes you to stumble, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life maimed than with two hands to go into hell, where the fire never goes out.

yes the “second death”

Mark 9:43

In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.

That translation does not agree with the original Greek. Use a interlinear

Jude 1:7

Forgive my bible quoting but, some of the most important job of reasoning with the religious, is pointing out what their scriptures actually say. These various quotes are not a pagan description of hell. This is SCRIPTURE!

You have only two quotes that could back what you are saying. One is a mistranslation and the other you are reading into it more than it says. Scripture speaks of the resurrection of all flesh to judgement day. Then the unworthy will experience the second death. “The living know they shall die but the dead  they know nothiing”-Job

There is no ambiguity in the bible. The description of a nasty horrid hell is consistent in various books and mentions fire, eternal torture, flames that get hotter, never ending. Jesus himself warns people against sinning or face the punishment of eternal torture which he seems to have no moral problem with.

This a direct translation from the Greek below, where as your mistranslated antichrist, false Christ bible will give a pagan version:

And if your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off and cast it from you, for it is better for you that one of your members should perish and not that your whole body should depart into Gehenna.

The word perish in the Greek has no connotation of burning forever, moreover with flesh, it is impossible. Only immortal spirits (angels) can suffer flames forever.

Michael, you consistently quote scripture and evangelistic babble, and yet it seems, with no doubt in my mind, you are extremely unfamiliar with the bible. I mean, either you use the bible as a source of divine wisdom and evidence of God…or you don’t. This cherry picking of yours and claiming any passage of the bible you don’t like is some “pagan” view…is an intellectual impairment. So what is hell then?

It is a place of eternal torment for the angels that sinned and a place of destruction for mortal flesh, “the second death”-Revelations 

• This reply was modified 5 days, 12 hours ago by  michael17.

michael17
    Participant

@Reg

To receive the new birth is a blessing, but I have not received it. So far, I’ll have to stand on Judgement Day, like everyone else. “The books were open and the dead were judged”

Only how my life broadcasts my belief can be evidence for mercy since all men have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

Parochial authorities (Rome) have martyred, the Body making Spiritual baptism harder to receive. Yet the few choosen and faithful lampstands are on this earth somewhere and will commence their testimony even upon the streets of Jerusalem, when the wicked one is revealed.

• This reply was modified 5 days, 7 hours ago by  michael17.

Michael, the outcome of Judgement Day is irrelevant as either way an infinite “second life” ensues. Whether you get to Heaven or end up in Hell it is still for infinity.

Sometimes the Bible can be very clear in what it says:

And this is the promise that He has promised us—eternal life John 2:25.

“For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life.” “I am the living bread that came down out of heaven; if anyone eats of this bread, he will live foreverJohn 3:16.

Michael, these quotes are explicit and your own “private interpretation” is not required.

My question was how does it feel to know that this “new birth” will make you an immortal? Does knowing you will exist in 30 billion years time not feel strange?

michael17
    Participant

@Reg

• As Christ says, souls are destroyed in Hell so I don’t consider it and eternity. But to your question. The possibility of the new birth and seeing creation and heavens through the Fathers eyes makes me feel elation. Living for eternity makes me feel likewise

Are you a theologian?

If the Day of Judgement is in (say) 80,100 years time, Christ will bring me back from the dead to tell me I am going to Hell so I can die a second death? Why bother?  What is the point? When I am resurrected and the intervening time only seems like a second has past since my first death, Jesus is going to tell me that I am about to die a second time. Is that all? Talk about holding a grudge.

Theologians always remind me of the Rubáiyát by Omar Khayyám.

The Koran! Well, come put me to the test—

Lovely old book in hideous error drest—

Believe me, I can quote the Koran too,

The unbeliever knows his Koran best.

And do you think that unto such as you,

A maggot-minded, starved, fanatic crew,

God gave the Secret, and denied it me?—

Well, well, what matters it! Believe that too.

Men talk of heaven,—there is no heaven but here;

Men talk of hell,—there is no hell but here;

Men of hereafters talk, and future lives,—

O love, there is no other life—but here.

_Robert_
    Participant

That’s grrreat Reg but Neanderthal Jeeeeeezus was here way before Homo Erectus Jeeeeeezus or More-ham-it, peace be upon him and he frikkin kills you off three times.

Unseen
    Participant

That’s grrreat Reg but Neanderthal Jeeeeeezus was here way before Homo Erectus Jeeeeeezus or More-ham-it, peace be upon him and he frikkin kills you off three times.

This reminds me of something I have wondered about. If there’s intelligent life elsewhere in the Universe—as there almost certainly is—is Earth’s Jesus their Jesus, too, even if they are not at all human? If there’s intelligent pond scum on the planet Xenu, is their savior the human Jesus or is there a pond scum savior? And did God make the pond scum in his own image?

Things to think about.

• This reply was modified 4 days, 19 hours ago by  Unseen.

_Robert_
    Participant

Jesus is just one of the several dying-rising gods that became popular across several cults across the middle eastern regions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dying-and-rising_deity

The others like Osiris were not actual humans. I have little doubt that Paul’s Jesus was not real either…that may have happened later. Even many Jewish scholars agree Moses was a fictional character…some day Hayzus may follow

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christ_myth_theory

I think Jesus has to be real. I mean why would vampires be afraid of a crucifix if he was not?

_Robert_
    Participant

I think Jesus has to be real. I mean why would vampires be afraid of a crucifix if he was not?

Hmm, that is a tough question that probably needs a theologian to answer. It might even be an ecumenical matter. Not only would it want a bite to eat, it would also want a bite to drink. I would shoot it in the head and hammer a stake though its heart or bring a priest along to talk it down in the name of Jesus.

michael17
    Participant

Well gentlemen you have a conundrum. There are artificial structures on the moon, including buildings, glass domes and towers. Concrete evidence that your paradigm may be wrong. I can’t even make heads or tails out of it. Was there an advance race on earth billions of years in the past collaborating. the anomalous archaeological artifacts that have been found that academia swepts under the carpet? ( Forbidden Archaeology is one text that deals with the subject matter) a spark plug  has been found in a rock and a hammer in a coal vein to mention a few. Another conjecture is aliens. Moreover, recently artificial structures have photographed on a comet of all things.

• This reply was modified 3 days, 12 hours ago by  michael17.

Davis
    Participant

Michel, every response you give helps you descend into greater and greater intellectual death. I quoted 5 quotes from three different books. And those five quotes are a fraction of those in the bible that unambiguously describe hell as burning agony, eternal torture. Your only defense has been to claim I only gave two quotes (I gave five) and that those are the only examples (THERE ARE MANY MANY MORE). For the two quotes, you dismiss them as a description of the “second death” which changes absolutely nothing and is also a dubious explanation, or it’s just a bad translations or it was “too much of a literal reading” or it was an “oversimplification” or simply a “misreading”. That is cosmic bullshit Michael. Hell is described numerous numerous times as a place of burning suffering. The description is unambiguous and NO it cannot be dismissed as a bad translation.

From now on, whenever you mention anything about God or christian doctrine, I’m going to call it out as a misreading or a bad translation of scripture. Perhaps you’ll realize after a while how infuriating it is to deal with a duck-and-dodging pseudo theist. Because that is all I see when you debate with us.

Davis
    Participant

Well gentlemen you have a conundrum. There are artificial structures on the moon, including buildings, glass domes and towers.

That’s a misreading of the evidence.

Concrete evidence that your paradigm may be wrong. I can’t even make heads or tails out of it. Was there an advance race on earth billions of years in the past collaborating. the anomalous archaeological artifacts that have been found that academia swepts under the carpet?

You’re using a bad translation of the visual evidence. You should use the Russian translation, not the English one.

( Forbidden Archaeology is one text that deals with the subject matter) a spark plug  has been found in a rock and a hammer in a coal vein to mention a few.

You are oversimplifying the correct interpretation of that text.

Another conjecture is aliens. Moreover, recently artificial structures have photographed on a comet of all things.

You can only arrive at that through a broad understanding of tinfoil-hat documentation and over-imaginative-fantastical.theories.

Davis
    Participant

To receive the new birth is a blessing, but I have not received it. So far, I’ll have to stand on Judgement Day, like everyone else. “The books were open and the dead were judged” Only how my life broadcasts my belief can be evidence for mercy since all men have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

Yeah well, that’s like the only possible counterargument. Where are the other ones?

Parochial authorities (Rome) have martyred, the Body making Spiritual baptism harder to receive. Yet the few choosen and faithful lampstands are on this earth somewhere and will commence their testimony even upon the streets of Jerusalem, when the wicked one is revealed.

Yeah, but how does that possibly defend the argument that the Egyptian Pyramids were not built by aliens? They did. So how can you qualify those two conflicting truths?

As Christ says, souls are destroyed in Hell so I don’t consider it and eternity

That’s a pretty rookie mistake that young bible readers make when interpreting the word of God.

But to your question. The possibility of the new birth and seeing creation and heavens through the Fathers eyes makes me feel elation. Living for eternity makes me feel likewise

Look folks. Unquestionable evidence that the government is releasing Typhoid through chemtrails released by airplanes are attempting to wipe out all men on the planet in an attempt to cover up eternal life. What kind of ramifications does this have for the true reason behind the creation of Earth and Heaven? We need to look into this more. Until then…keep reading scripture. We will find the correct interpretation soon!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.