Like Sasquatch, UFO's don't exist

Homepage Forums Small Talk Like Sasquatch, UFO's don't exist

This topic contains 12 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Reg the Fronkey Farmer 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Unseen
    Participant

Of course, strictly speaking, a UFO is an “unidentified flying object,” and as such UFO’s do exist. What I’m denying is that these objects are spacecraft from somewhere other than Earth. In fact, I even doubt that the objects pilots see from time to time, which are dubbed “UFO” originate from any earthly government or other source, either.

My doubt comes from this simple observation: We NEVER get anything beyond a blurry image, even with today’s highly capable digital cameras. We have sharp as a tack images of giant squid and now and then we get to see creatures once thought extinct, like the coelacanth.

When sharp images of flying saucers have been offered, they’ve been proven to be hoaxes, like this example of a UFO proffered by ufologist/hoaxer George Adamski.

The more “credible” images turn out to be painfully lacking in detail, either because the supposed object is too small to examine or is just a blur, as in these examples:

As to the famous Sasquatch footage, we now know it to be a hoax.

• This topic was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Unseen.

_Robert_
    Participant

The idea that the discovery of alien ships will necessarily be some big government secret might be because experimental top secret military aircraft are often mistaken for alien craft and they do operate from secret bases.

Davis

Honestly it just seems to preposterous that alien life would come visit and not hide themselves well…but do allow as you pointed out some shitty images…meanwhile making secret deals with super primitive puny human’s governments…with Donald Trump keeping his mouth shut about it after leaving office.

If life evolved remotely similar to as it did on our planet (natural selection) I say it’s pretty high odds that alien visitors is not a good thing (unless they are coming to put us out of our planetary misery).

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  Davis.

jakelafort
    Participant

What i am about to say is anecdotal and not sure if it holds true as a generalization. Super religious females (not sure about males) do not like sci fi or the prospect aliens are flying those saucers. If it is true i suppose it threatens their world view.

Unseen
    Participant

What i am about to say is anecdotal and not sure if it holds true as a generalization. Super religious females (not sure about males) do not like sci fi or the prospect aliens are flying those saucers. If it is true i suppose it threatens their world view.

WTF?!!!

Unseen
    Participant

I love the little loop on the top of Adamski’s hubcap saucer. Makes hanging the thing from fishing line easier.

_Robert_
    Participant

The capture of living coelacanths so far is the closest ‘real’ event to fake ‘Nessie’ photos, UFO abduction accounts, and grainy Bigfoot films of a guy wearing a gorilla suit. I used to be a gorilla suit model myself, BTW.

OK, the two living species of coelacanths that have been discovered are not the same species as the 66 million year old fossils, but “discovery of a prehistoric fish or living fossil” makes a better story. Bring us an alien…and there will be no controversy.

Autumn
    Participant

Honestly it just seems to preposterous that alien life would come visit and not hide themselves well…but do allow as you pointed out some shitty images…meanwhile making secret deals with super primitive puny human’s governments…with Donald Trump keeping his mouth shut about it after leaving office.

Day 1: Listen, we got these aliens from out there in space—I don’t know where, but somewhere out there maybe Pluto or some other planet—and they say I’m doing a great job. Best leader they’ve ever seen. That’s the best in the universe. Now, nobody knows more about the universe than me, but these guys have seen it all, and let me tell you, they are just amazed by how great a job I am doing. They tell me all the time. They say, “Donald, how do you do it?”

Day 3: Now these aliens—great guys; friends of mine; known ’em for years—but you know, they’re losers. What do they know about being leader of the free world? If their planet is so great, why did they leave? I don’t know. You tell me.

Day 8: Wall. Huge. Space. Biggest wall you’ve ever seen. And the aliens are gonna pay for it.

_Robert_
    Participant

Day 1: Listen, we got these aliens from out there in space—I don’t know where, but somewhere out there maybe Pluto or some other planet—and they say I’m doing a great job. Best leader they’ve ever seen. That’s the best in the universe. Now, nobody knows more about the universe than me, but these guys have seen it all, and let me tell you, they are just amazed by how great a job I am doing. They tell me all the time. They say, “Donald, how do you do it?” Day 3: Now these aliens—great guys; friends of mine; known ’em for years—but you know, they’re losers. What do they know about being leader of the free world? If their planet is so great, why did they leave? I don’t know. You tell me. Day 8: Wall. Huge. Space. Biggest wall you’ve ever seen. And the aliens are gonna pay for it.

LOL, He did start ‘Space Force’

https://www.spaceforce.mil/

“ET go home!” “But where are you really from though?” “Coming here and breathing OUR nitrogen!!” “I’m not going to learn how to speak in Bannonish!”

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Fellow Unbelievers,

If sapient extraterrestrials did exist, they were probably monitoring our communications for as long as we used something to produce a detectable signal.

They probably caught the first sparks of Giovanni Galvani’s first experiments with combining metals to produce batteries, then caught the sparks of static electricity caught in a Leyden Jar and Ben Franklin’s experiment with the kite and the key…Then they heard Samuel F.B. Morse tap out his first message on his invention the telegraph: “What God hath wrought.”

Then when the ETs deciphered what Morse Code was, and translated the message, they visually inspected Earth and said: “Oh, Hell, let’s stay away from this bunch!  Hit the Warp Drive in reverse!” 😁

_Robert_
    Participant

I take the miniscule amount of relative time humans have communicated with electronic signals divided by the immense stretches of space time between solar systems divided by the deadly radiation of space and the result puts the odds of extra-terrestrial interaction in the daunting range. Of  course it is possible…if aliens have figured out how achieve super fast space travel before toxification of their home planet.

Astrobiologists with the Breakthrough Listen project have released the preliminary results of a SETI survey, in which the team hunted for radio signals along a line of sight that extends toward the galactic center……60 Million Stars and not one alien detected.

I guess that is about 1% of the stars in the Milky Way so a bit more counting to do before we move on to the next galaxy.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.