Sunday School

Sunday School 19th September 2021

This topic contains 22 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Reg the Fronkey Farmer 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Churches want to turn American democracy upside down by advocating for representation without taxation. Maybe the next President will do something about it especially if she has a magnetic personality or is righteous enough for the job. (Reg, stop your nonsense! It will be altright as the Supreme Court is impartial).

Texas doctor who provided abortion in violation of new law: ‘I had a duty of care’.

A pastor is willing to sign a religious exemption for vaccines — if you donate to his church.

Why Australia needs to become a secular republic.

Mormonism not weird enough for you? Why not try blending it with QAnon to give it that extra crazy!

World of Woo: Ads for water water everywhere.

Environment: Is climate writing too obsessed with “the science”?

An astronomer explains how to send a giant telescope to space and just how many satellites are orbiting Earth?

Objective reality exists, but what can you know about it that isn’t subjective?

Can natural explanations to life’s big questions be as consoling as religious ones?

The journey to define spatial dimensions.

‘Imagine’ at 50: Why John Lennon’s ode to humanism still resonates.

Long Reads: The unfolding story of our human origins (see video below too). What if the fundamental constants were not constant? Fraud detection in the global supply chain. Why ‘rage quitting’ your job is all the rage. Inequality: Why Women?

Sunday Book Club:  Varieties of Atheism in Science.

Some photographs taken last week. Some photos of life under the microscope.

While you are waiting for the kettle to boil……

Coffee Break Video: Christopher Hitchens – ‘Is Afghanistan worth the Price?’  Peter Atkins on Atheism.  Newly-found ancient human rewrites story of evolution.  A Blessing, undisguised.

Have a great week everyone!

Just read that over 90% of Irish people over the age of 16 are now fully vaccinated against Covid-19, the highest rate in the European Union.

Strega

Thanks Reg!!

And a good morning to you Strega!

_Robert_
    Participant

Just read that over 90% of Irish people over the age of 16 are now fully vaccinated against Covid-19, the highest rate in the European Union.

Giving shots in the pubs, they are?

The pubs have re-opened here but I only go to them for food.  The vaccine roll out was very efficient. Nobody is tolerating the whinging anti-vaxxers  when they start complaining about not being allowed in. The locals just tell them to F**k Off and the barman does not have to get involved. It’s funny to hear such tales.

I ordered a 15 years scotch in my local but the barman said he was to young to serve.

_Robert_
    Participant

The pubs have re-opened here but I only go to them for food. The vaccine roll out was very efficient. Nobody is tolerating the whinging anti-vaxxers when they start complaining about not being allowed in. The locals just tell them to F**k Off and the barman does not have to get involved. It’s funny to hear such tales. I ordered a 15 years scotch in my local but the barman said he was to young to serve.

A trip to the The Emerald Isle is on my list. I enjoy our local version of a Irish pub and pretend…but even that is not a real option for now. Some of the bar keeps were the real thing…but the place was getting famous….

PS, I could find the mayor of my town there anytime I thought he need consultation, LOL.

Unfortunately my Thanksgiving trip to Florida won’t be on the cards for a few years. The condo in PCB was sold during the week. I might yet get to Atlanta – maybe for Christmas – but will wait for a few weeks to see where the vaccine \ Covid scene is at.

Check out the Wild Atlantic Way as a possible tour. And why not….

_Robert_
    Participant

Unfortunately my Thanksgiving trip to Florida won’t be on the cards for a few years. The condo in PCB was sold during the week. I might yet get to Atlanta – maybe for Christmas – but will wait for a few weeks to see where the vaccine \ Covid scene is at. Check out the Wild Atlantic Way as a possible tour. And why not….

I just saw a travel program and they were touring the Atlantic coast….amazing how unspoiled and natural it still is…

Ivy
    Participant

I had a chance to see an old friend this week who was visiting from AZ. Invited him over for steak,…asked “Are you vaccinated?” He said “No way! I’d rather get the virus naturally.” I said – “well, I work around Covid positive clients all day. I wear PPE and I have been vaccinated, but just so you’re aware, I’ve been in very close contact with them….”

He chickened out and didn’t come for dinner. Saying, “My Dad’s having surgery next week, don’t want to bring him home anything.” Me – “Is he vaccinated?” Him – “No.” Me – banging my head against the wall…

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by  Ivy.

@ivy, as we all know the only way to catch Covid is by the natural way, via close contact transmission. The thing is that he would be very unlikely to catch it from you even if you work with those who are positive. Much more likely to catch it in the community (the Delta variant). And he still wants to visit his unvaccinated father after the operation?

I keep checking out this site Robert linked last week. Now move down the wall….I need space for my head too.

https://www.sorryantivaxxer.com/

Ivy
    Participant

@Reg hahahahaha wow that site is powerful but very sad. The saddest to me is all the kids who are left parentless due to their parent’s stupidity.

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Reg,

I ordered a 15 years scotch in my local but the barman said he was to young to serve.

While the legal age to drink in the U.S. is 21,  (thanks to Congress dangling highway funds over the States,) the age of what is to be drank can vary widely from brand to brand.

“Hooch” such as covertly made from Welch’s Grape Juice and  sneaked throughout prisons can be made in as little as 6-8 weeks.  I made the recipe once from a magazine, (as a home-based Mad Science project; I, of course, have never been to prison.)  While “Hooch” has a bite, it was like alcoholic pancake syrup and could have fermented several months more.

The oldest known bottle of wine is the Speyer wine bottle, dated between 325 and 350 AD.  While it’s no longer alcohol, at least it was spared from being turned into The Blood of Jesus and served with his Body masquerading as monogrammed mini-tortillas.

7 Oldest Wines in the World

7 Oldest Wines in the World

The oldest bottle of whisky is Glenavon Special Liqueur Whisky from Scotland.  At the age of between 158 and 166 years, somebody probably had to hide it real well and vacuum seal it.

9 Oldest Bottles of Whisky in the World

9 Oldest Bottles of Whisky in The World

In between two months and 1695 years, each vintner and distiller has their own standards, such as Paul Masson’s vague age of maturity:

And sometimes the time frame of the vintner and the embiber don’t mesh well…😁😄😆😅🤣😂:

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 5 days ago by  TheEncogitationer. Reason: Spelling. I served my post before it was time

Simon Paynton
    Participant

I’m a fan of 15 year old Johnny Walker.  15 year old hooch sounds interesting.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.