Sunday School

Sunday School August 5th 2018

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Reg the Fronkey Farmer 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Most wealthy countries are not religious. Here is what happens a society when religious teachings become immoral. When it comes to religion some things are easily predictable.

What will worshiping Donald Trump cost the Evangelical alliance in the future as they call in their Religious Privilege Task Force to combat the dangers of the first amendment. It’s relentless but it could be worse.

The Cuddly One has told Catholics that the death penalty is now to be considered wrong. This is a good thing as most Catholics I know support it. I mean if it was good enough for Jesus….

The Christian god did not always have a penis.

71 Catholic priests are accused of child sexual abuse in one diocese alone.

In Ireland, upon hearing a Catholic Bishop speak about contraception, the Minister for Health has tweeted him “Just make it stop“. Excellent!! Already looking forward to the war of words next week.

Samar Badawi, the sister of Raif Badawi, is arrested in Saudi Arabia.

This weeks’ Woo: Horoscopes and Astrology debunked.

Climate Change: Extreme weather is to become the norm (source).

The latest edition of Psychology Journal is all about atheists.

When you finish reading this article – go for a walk.

The rate of expansion of the Universe is in dispute.

The problems of building a society in Space and how can we know if a planet really is habitable. When will be able to see that far away?

How evil happens and can we get test scores for human malevolence? .

Is bad social science dead already?

This week I am reading this book: 21 Lessons for the 21st Century.

We pause to remember: The Death of the Author and the End of Empathy.

Some photographs taken last week

While you are waiting for the kettle to boil…..

Coffee Break Video:  Sean Carroll on religion. Bill Maher is back.

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by  Reg the Fronkey Farmer. Reason: added link to "source" for Climate Change article
    • This topic was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by  Reg the Fronkey Farmer. Reason: New story added about the Irish Minsiter for Health

Have a great week everyone!!

Whenever I hear a Christian say how strong their faith is I always suspect they are saying it for their own benefit. If they say it often enough they might keep believing it. That keeps them from ever having to honestly challenge any doubts they may have about their ability to communicate directly with the Creator of the Universe or becoming an immortal.

– Me

Strega

Thanks, Reg!

Davis
    Participant

My dear. Did you just mention penis in the same sentence as the lord. I justttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Sorry…I fainted from utter shock at your vulgarity and profanity. Shame on all of you dirty perverted atheists on this site!!!

_Robert_
    Participant

re:Is bad social science dead already?

I recall an elective grad class I took called “Organizational Behavior”. The conclusions in the text were based on some of those studies now viewed as faulty. People have degrees and careers based on that stuff. My company changes it’s office furniture based on this kind of stuff. We are going to an “open plan” ala Google and Twitter. There are no offices, only “huddle” rooms.

Davis
    Participant

These days reading articles in some history, political science, sexual-science, etc. journals can be fascinating and as full of strong empirically based arguments as possible (there’s obviously a limit with the social sciences). Short articles without broad based theories waiting for further research. But as long as post-modernism, post-post-modernism and structuralism and gender-queer-race-theory metastacise outside of literary criticism into the social sciences with great levels of empirically based research…there will be a lot of really really really bad social sciences.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 1 day ago by  Davis.

Davis
    Participant

There are no offices, only “huddle” rooms.

Major corporations HR departments (now called “people area) do handwriting analysis among several other bogus tests to fill major positions (all totally debunked).

Those tests are required for hiring people to fill the bullshit job positions.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.