Sunday School

Sunday School August 7th 2022

This topic contains 52 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  TheEncogitationer 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • Author

jakelafort
    Participant

Holy cock balls! Was that vid for real? Was that an actress or an android? I gotta listen again cuz the ponies were diverting my attention. The definition given early in the vid about consciousness makes sense to me.

Autumn
    Participant

Reg, Is a vegan diet healthier than eating meat and dairy? I don’t know if I’ve said it here before, but when you really think about it, meat and dairy are just concentrated vegetation and vegetation is just reconstituted meat and dairy.

Very much no.

And Omnivores are just taking a rodeo ride on the big Orobouro and enjoying it all. 😋

I would accept that it’s all just a whole bunch of molecules moleculing at other molecules, now with a variety pack of dipping sauces.

_Robert_
    Participant

I have designed and written many limited self-modifying algorithms (AI) over the decades and for some reason none of it ever got mad or sad or decided to hijack a plane. Elon Musk is the same guy that wants to beat up Putin in a fistfight and says the world’s problem is under population. Bought Tesla to build electric cars yet pushes energy sucking/carbon spewing shit coins and wants to re-platform Trump on Twitter. Now he’s a Republican and “work-from-home” is no good. What a dick.

@jake – yes “she” is a real walkin’ talkin’ livin’ doll but she ain’t called Barbie.

If consciousness is the manifestation of information processing then she is a lot less artificial that some of the….OKAY, I will stop there and retire to the dog house.

jakelafort
    Participant

Yeah, Reg, well said.

And i assume as complexity increases consciousness is enhanced. And considering the suggested difference in information processing it is reasonable to assume that it will look at us the way we look at amoeba.

I wonder whether it will use drugs?

_Robert_
    Participant

@jake – yes “she” is a real walkin’ talkin’ livin’ doll but she ain’t called Barbie. If consciousness is the manifestation of information processing then she is a lot less artificial that some of the….OKAY, I will stop there and retire to the dog house.

I wrote a song about that. I only sing to communicate it to somebody who can sing, LOL.

https://soundcloud.com/user-80635511/lucidea-console/s-26xYjQDez6B?utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

_Robert_
    Participant

@robert – that is an interesting sound.  A section of it reminding me of a little known band that are still on the scene and that I was friends with in the late 1980’s in London. But no longer in touch.

The lead singer would stand up from behind a tombstone for the opening song and scream “Time, Time, I don’t want to die” with Blade Runner type iconography all round the stage. They never went mainstream but they did produce some great “industrial” sounds.

I wonder whether it will use drugs?

From looking at the artwork produced in the video I think we can deduce the answer to that question. Or maybe it will shut itself down when it tries to work out what art is because it won’t know how to be just a little bit crazy. It’s not all math and logic. I am waiting for A.I to get its subconsciousness on (man)!

Makes sense since churches have always been hate-groups…

Their hatred of women is evident from the fact that they are content to allow women and young teenage girls to die. Not because they want an abortion but because they need one in order to stay alive. These Christians are disgusting and vulgar people who are a disgrace to the civilized world.

In Ireland we may be passing a law to make it illegal for protestors to shout abuse at women going in to hospitals – and who may not be even going for abortion services. Catholic scumbags, the lot of them.

jakelafort
    Participant

It is my hunch that biology fucks up consciousness. The unconscious is not going to be an impediment to ratiocination, production of art or any other endeavor. The unconscious is a vestige and the greater part of our existence. So move over Beethoven, fuhgettaboitit Mozart, and Mark Twain all the way to Davy Jones locker.

jakelafort
    Participant

Reg wrote: In Ireland we may be passing a law to make it illegal for protestors to shout abuse at women going in to hospitals

I hope you don’t have 1st amendment morons there who opine speech is absolute. That is a great idea. Reminds me of the American Westboro Baptist Church protesting funerals-an obvious speech issue. Asshole move. I can’t recall how that was decided

Unseen
    Participant

Holy cock balls! Was that vid for real? Was that an actress or an android? I gotta listen again cuz the ponies were diverting my attention. The definition given early in the vid about consciousness makes sense to me.

“She” was a robot. The human face has many muscles that can result in numerous microepressions. This robot is only capable of the main expressions but not microexpressions. How many times did she furrow her forehead? raise just one side of her mouth?

There is nothing complex about her expressions. She seems physically attractive but there’s nothing interesting about her. She’d make a boring date.

jakelafort
    Participant

Unseen, I will ask for her number.

Communication via facial expressions may be lacking but that is okay. It is tiresome reading faces and perceiving contradictions between words and expressions.

She may know more about the universe then any person. That is interesting. Just interacting with a life form (sort of) that is not biological is gonna get my interest. Communication that is with another species is always entrancing. Imagine when it is with a robot?

jakelafort
    Participant

If sex robots are already here (are they) then i wonder whether humans will predominantly prefer other humans or robots? I suppose it depends on how sophisticated the bot is. Oh, and also how bad the experiences are with people

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.