Sunday School

Sunday School July 31st 2022

This topic contains 19 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Simon Paynton 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Unseen
    Participant

Between this video and their previous videos on Russia’s war with Ukraine, I’m going to have to add Nebula to my existing Curiosity Stream membership! (I wonder if the price is still good with the existing Curiousity membership. A curious question indeed. 😁)

I got Nebula added by talking to Curiosity Stream customer service and asking “Hey? What about me? Shouldn’t Nebula be available to me as well?”

Unseen
    Participant

“ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny”

What use is this theory to Creationists? Michael Tomasello used to refer to it in reference to children’s moral development vs. the evolution of morality, but he seems to have stopped using it. It always struck me as magical thinking. I agree that you can’t argue with stupid. Arguing with a Creationist is like playing chess with a pigeon (which I believe Heather S. also said).

Any three-word statement where two of the words are almost never used outside specialized academia and the remaining one is not in much general use almost defines something that has no use in everyday discussions with ordinary folk.

Simon Paynton
    Participant

something that has no use in everyday discussions with ordinary folk.

Yes, but Creationists often claim to have all kinds of esoteric scientific knowledge.

Yes, but Creationists often claim to have all kinds of esoteric scientific knowledge.

Yes, but to be fair to them, they always offer Biblical evidence to support their science 🙂

Simon Paynton
    Participant

Yes, but to be fair to them, they always offer Biblical evidence to support their science 🙂

They do, lol.  Can’t argue with that.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.