Sunday School

Sunday School March 24th 2019

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Strega 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Evangelical approval of Trump remains high even if they don’t all support him signing his name on books he never wrote or even read!  Most Democratic contenders identify religion as a source of division because they understand the real world, like the Nones do. Let us atheists pray that it all gets better soon. I wonder what Beto would think of Pompeo’s behavior at this press briefing? I am sure he is already impressed with Jacinda Ardern as she is helping to make things better.

This weeks’ Woo:  More action and education is needed against the peddling of homeopathic products because anti-vaxxers are relentless child abusers. Then I found this WTF story. A plague on all their houses!!

West Virginia is suing the Catholic Church for knowingly hiring child sex abusers. I hope this is the start of something that will catch on.

Climate Change: Please, no more alternative facts.

The Flat Earth brigade are getting ready to prove us ballers all wrong!

It is good that Scientists disagree. It does not make it a crisis. It is the only way Science can advance.

A look at Ockham’s razor.

Pinpointing the role of Mitochondria, the power house of every cell.

Not every story needs to have a moral theme which can be a good or a bad thing 🙂

A treasure trove of fossils from the Cambrian period have been unearthed in China.

Let’s sit around the campfire with a while with our Neanderthal cousins.

Imagine being thrown in jail for posting on Facebook. As an atheist I stand by those abused for their religious beliefs by self-appointed religious police as much as I do for other atheists attacked for not believing what those religious police believe.

Is the recently signed Executive Order about Free Speech on campus just a solution in search of a problem?

This is a good article – Which came first: society or a fear of god?

Long Read: Rediscovering the Islands of Disappointment.

This week I am reading this book: The Pianist of Yarmouk. (100 second video).

Some photographs taken last week.

While you are waiting for the kettle to boil…..

Coffee Break Video: From the Big Bang to the Meaning of Life – with Sean Carroll. God does not exist with Michael Shermer. Interpreting Scripture with Sam Harris.

Have a great week everyone!!

One of the criticisms I’ve faced over the years is that I’m not aggressive enough or assertive enough, or maybe somehow, because I’m empathetic, it means I’m weak. I totally rebel against that. I refuse to believe that you cannot be both compassionate and strong.

Jacinda Ardern, Sept. 2018

_Robert_
    Participant

I bet those Neanderthal women were beasts in the sack. Sapiens dudes were like “No thanks baby, I’m good for now”.

Noel
    Participant

Jacinda Ardern

Jacinda Ardern<br />Power of example.

Thanks for Sunday School Reg. It’s Friday and I finally got a few minutes to catch up and go through Sundays lesson with a cup of coffee.

Strega

Same as Noel, Reg. Had the week from Hades. So many folk in hospital I’m running a ‘feed my cat’ service – good thing lesbians are so good with cats, hey?  But anyhow, thanks for Sunday School!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.