Sunday School

Sunday School November 11th 2018

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Simon Paynton 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

The Facebook page “We fucking love Atheism” has, unlike Jesus, returned from the dead after 3 days.

Matthew Whitaker thinks secular judges should be blocked from judicial appointments because they don’t have a biblical view of justice.

Germany denies the Church of the FSM (Praised Be His Noodliness) religious rights because there is not enough proof for His existence. I wonder what their standards of proof are. As an ordained Minister I have the right to cast out false prophets so they better rethink their stance. Ramen!

This weeks’ Woo: Ignorance kills another child.

Climate Change: Amazon forests failing to keep up with environmental changes.

Congratulations to both Megan Hunt and Alice Roberts.

How religious beliefs shape our thinking on cloning and gene editing.

The case against Solitary Confinement.

The five enemies of rational thought.

Another dream…..deferred.

The hunt for human nature as theorists debate just how “neutral” Evolution really is and as biologists are creating life-like cells from scratch.

Has the LHC detected another particle?

This week I am reading this book: How we believe.

Some photographs taken last week.

We pause to remember: Armistice Day.

While you are waiting for the kettle to boil…..

Coffee Break Video:  Christopher Hitchens, the conversation worth having. The changing face of Jesus with Seth Andrews. Do we share the same taste in coffee?

Have a great week everyone!!

One man’s magic is another man’s engineering. Supernatural is a null word.
    – Robert Heinlein

_Robert_
    Participant

That Hitchen’s video is worthy of an Academy Award…

@ _Robert_  Yes, I posted it for its “production value” as well as for its “script” which many of us here have most likely heard already. Brought together it is a more powerful message. Watch in full screen mode if you can.

Strega

Thanks, Reg!

Cheers Strega 🙂

Simon Paynton
    Participant

Another dream…..deferred.

– Michael Shermer’s article is interesting.  But I’m not sure of his logic – that tribal intersectional victim politics is confounding civil rights advancement.  I can see that the intersectional politics scene looks like a narcissist’s playground where people get to bitch on others because they are white or whatever.  But as long as I don’t have to get involved, and get bitched on for being white, male, straight (oh no!) etc. then I see it as actually advancing civil rights, as each side is demanding to be seen as human beings.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.