Sunday School

Sunday School October 1st 2023.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  _Robert_ 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Poland has some of the most extensive defamation and insult laws of any democratic nation so I am looking forward to seeing how the police deal with the latest Church H&H sex party.

In Greece, it is difficult for students to avoid religious indoctrination classes.

Over one third of US Catholics are not cannibals.

Religious extremists demand next GOP SCOTUS nominees have a ‘Biblical Worldview’.

Arizona school board member sues district for not letting her quote Bible at meetings.

World of Woo: Health misinformation now has powerful allies.

Environment:  Portuguese youths sue 33 European governments at EU court.

The boundaries of Secularism: Who’s in? Who’s Out?

Science is now revealing the genetic legacy we share with ancient human species.

The James Webb Space Telescope has captured images of ancient galaxies that shouldn’t exist. A cosmologist explains what could be going on.

How to attain Christian sheephood, according to Jesus.

What is life? This basic question defies science.

Long Reads: If there is only objective reality, is there any need for interpretation? Ukraine’s super gran: ‘I went into the wolf’s lair to save my grandson’. The plastic-eating bacteria that could change the world. The OSIRIS-REx spacecraft arrived in Utah last Sunday, carrying material from the dawn of the solar system. How to stop AI deepfakes from sinking society and science. No current theory of consciousness is scientific? The Communication Revolution.

Sunday Book Club:  Open Minded – Searching for truth about the unconscious mind.

Some photographs taken last week.

While you are waiting for the kettle to boil……

Coffee Break video: Even in modern secular societies, belief in an afterlife persists. Why science matters with Dawkins from 1996.

Have a great week!

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Reg,

Poland has some of the most extensive defamation and insult laws of any democratic nation so I am looking forward to seeing how the police deal with the latest Church H&H sex party.

So what does H&H stand for? Horse and Horseplay?

One things for sure, the story sounds like something normally reserved for Eyewitness News-type stories broadcast from a broken-down trailer park, a biker gang clubhouse, or a ghetto housing project. State-sponsored and established religion doesn’t seem to be doing much good for clean living in Poland.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by  TheEncogitationer. Reason: Spelling

Unseen
    Participant

Enco, it probably translates to something like “High and Horny” in the gay context.

In general it means “hang out and hook up” but in this context it means “horny and high”. My friends on Grindr say it is common to see listed and have told me it means looking for sex and drug parties. If followed by 420 it means weed only, otherwise meth,  which I like to imaging the priests were using.

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Unseen,

Enco, it probably translates to something like “High and Horny” in the gay context.

I thought that’s what it might be, though my guess of Horse and Horseplay was a more specific kind of high.

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Reg,

In general it means “hang out and hook up” but in this context it means “horny and high”. My friends on Grindr say it is common to see listed and have told me it means looking for sex and drug parties. If followed by 420 it means weed only, otherwise meth, which I like to imaging the priests were using.

Thanks for the clarification. My guess for the Priests was Horse because as Lou Reed sang, it “makes you feel like Jesus’ son.” And unadulterated Hashish certainly wouldn’t have the tragic ending.

It’s a damn shame that too many people’s definition of Pride doesn’t include keeping your physical coordinates above ground and your mind clear. Too many of both LGBTQ+ and Church Clergy and Laity could use some of that.

Davis

There is an incredible amount of reckless behaviour in the gay community. There is a very large number of men dealing with the severe pain of being bullied relentlessly when young, rejection from peers and family, physical harm, emotional harm, stigma, questioning who they are, the sometimes terror of coming out (or being outed) and as adults still experiencing some of the above. With mental health being treatment prohibitively expensive or having huge waiting lists, and people being less disposed to talk this stuff out than you think, it is absolutely no wonder that people turn to substances and reckless sex. One of the few bonuses of being gay, is the ease of casual sex (if you are in to that). The straight world is only now catching up.

Add to that, especially in the British Isles, a general frigidity in physical contact, hesitancy to express yourself emotionally and opening up, and again, substances and reckless sex is a fairly understandable way to get the things you are craving for (human contact, release and validation).

In Spain I had very little problem having nice meaningful hookups, long term partners, wonderful relationships and an ease at developing them. Since I’ve moved to Scotland, I have had on average 1 awful date a year with cold, frigid, tepid, insecure, indecisive locals. Only nice experiences I have are with foreigners. H&H, requests for “knock on door, fuck, thanks, bye”  is the norm, getting dick pics instead of “hello”, and guys either not interested in grabbing a drink before anything and most certainly not disposed to spending the night cuddling afterwards is the norm. Keep in mind, Scotland 40 years ago was poor, miserable and full of disfunction and drugs (train spotting) and rabidly homophobic. The scars are still clearly visible even if it is now insanely progressive and inclusive.

Pride isn’t there to make LGTBQ+ people functioning people. It is to

1) Stop society from stigmatising, bullying, excluding and discriminating against us (which still happens one way or another every day)

2) Support one another

I would say, so far, job well done everything considered.

Unseen
    Participant

One of the few bonuses of being gay, is the ease of casual sex (if you are in to that).

I can vouch for that. I had a gay roommate for nearly a year (to this day my closest male friend) and he brought men home several time a week and took them into his  bedroom. He made no bones about what went on in there. LOL

Even when I was a young and single unattached straight guy, I couldn’t have imagined having sex that often and with random partners.

Some of my gays friends were telling me about the use of meth in their community. I had no idea it was such a problem and one that seems to be very widespread. Such a shame.

Edit: Apparently H&H is a specific reference for Meth usage.

_Robert_
    Participant

I see the religious morons are killing each other again….god willing.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.