SqueeZing the most juice out of your atheistZone
Expect (over time) some tips to get split or merged with other posts or topics to make them easier for everyone to find and read. All donations appreciated!
* Newbie Notes 1) For any group, CLICK THE “Forum” BUTTON (below) to see topics!!! 2) Use the Favorite button in your favorite topics so I can place the most useful and popular submissions near the top of the list.
[Patience please… currently this is just a work in progress!
How do I include media in a post? from and by Davis
This is a function on a chat website which should either 1. involve a tool button (especially if you want to format it more) or 2. there should be a note in the edit box informing users that they can just copy and paste the…[Read more]
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Making block quotes and the @ symbol work in your post in the forum Tips 5 months ago
A) click on the Quote button to quote the whole post, OR B) select the text you want to quote, and click on the Quote button.
…and don’t forget to click on the Quote button again to turn it off before writing anything.
For starters (and this list will improve):
- When replying to a post using its Quote (or “) button, the top of your reply will include a direct link to the replied-to post.
Ruh roh, maybe this is only possible when posting in a Group Forum topic?!
So more to come here, like differences between regular Forums and Group Forums.
Just fyi stuff here that most users won’t find interesting. I do not find them important enough to bother Umar with.
- Clicking the top menu option “Site-wide activity” does not display “updates” (short, user-spontaneous posts); but they DO appear on the AZ Home page.
- Sometimes the only place I can Favorite or Unfavorite a post is via the…
AZ Groups have the potential to be more useful and robust than the legacy TA Groups. A few features in particular, available to Group Admins:
- Sticky – Most useful/popular topics can be made to stick to the top
- Edits/Merges – Posts can be kept up to date, and/or moved to a different topic if it helps to improve topics
- Multiple Group Admins -…
PHOTOS & GRAPHICS
– For most posts, you must use the img button to enter an URL to a photo or graphic that already exists on the internet (e.g. a photo uploaded to you personal Profile/Media page).
– You can also upload photos to a Group page, if you’re an Admin of it.
– Paste an URL on its own line, i.e. all by itself with no other text…[Read more]
I’m glad I made both of my names the same then.
If one gets mentioned a lot AND manages to read almost everything new anyway, the e-mails are pointless and can be shut off by clicking on your name in the upper right and going to settings->email. (However, I don’t get any of the other emails I left enabled, either.)
PopeBeanie started the topic Making block quotes and the @ symbol work in your post in the forum Tips 2 years, 4 months ago
How to Create Block Quotes
(like the one you’re reading right now)
The above grey box holds text in the style of a “block quote”. Before replying to a post that you want to quote from (all of it or some of it), A) click on the Quote button to quote the whole post, OR B) select the text you want to quote, and click on the Quote button. These…[Read more]
As I write this, AZ’s search feature isn’t working for me yet because of other priorities keeping AZ healthy and growing. But it’s easy enough to use Google, instead. Google’s search is more flexible, although its results may not include posts that are less than a day or so old.
USING GOOGLE SEARCH: Click on one of the following links, then ADD…[Read more]
To see what is still available to us at the old ThinkAtheist site, click on one of the general categories listed below.
Members (about 20 thousand)
Discussions (about 6300)
Events (under POPULAR EVENT TYPES, or search)