Call it what you will…

Homepage Forums Science Call it what you will…

This topic contains 83 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  michael17 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 76 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • Author

jakelafort
    Participant

Michael it is almost certainly super sonic speed of light defying angels. Blake wrote sumpin that is instructive…and the angel told Tom, if he’d be a good boy, he’d have God for his father and never want joy. So there you have it. Blake was in on the prophecy. Blake must have witnessed the angel speed popping the field and used that to keep Tom in line which is what god wants us to do. So be good. Believe. Don’t deceive. Yeah, that is the ticket.

I dreamt a dream!  What can it mean?

And that I was a maiden Queen

Guarded by an Angel mild:

Witless woe was ne’er beguiled!

And I wept both night and day,

And he wiped my tears away;

And I wept both day and night,

And hid from him my heart’s delight.

So he took his wings, and fled;

Then the morn blushed rosy red.

I dried my tears, and armed my fears

With ten thousand shields and spears.

Soon my Angel came again;

I was armed, he came in vain;

For the time of youth was fled,

And grey hairs were on my head.

– William Blake

I am a fan of Blake’s work. So much so that I have a large  tattoo of “The Ancient of Days” on my left shoulder,  as in picture 2. Micheal, it is from “Europe a Prophecy” 🙂 My right shoulder is of the first light in the universe, all above a tattoo of Plato’s Cave. More to be done. It is about the nature of reality. Of course I will only ever see a mirror image of my idea of reality so your perception of my reality will always be different to my vision of it. Only about 10 more hours to go……post Covid19….

michael17
    Participant

I dreamt a dream! What can it mean? And that I was a maiden Queen Guarded by an Angel mild: Witless woe was ne’er beguiled! And I wept both night and day, And he wiped my tears away; And I wept both day and night, And hid from him my heart’s delight. So he took his wings, and fled; Then the morn blushed rosy red. I dried my tears, and armed my fears With ten thousand shields and spears. Soon my Angel came again; I was armed, he came in vain; For the time of youth was fled, And grey hairs were on my head. – William Blake I am a fan of Blake’s work. So much so that I have a large tattoo of “The Ancient of Days” on my left shoulder, as in picture 2. Micheal, it is from “Europe a Prophecy” 🙂 My right shoulder is of the first light in the universe, all above a tattoo of Plato’s Cave. More to be done. It is about the nature of reality. Of course I will only ever see a mirror image of my idea of reality so your perception of my reality will always be different to my vision of it. Only about 10 more hours to go……post Covid19….

Yes platos cave. We only see shadows of what reality really is.  Unable to turn to see what’s producing the shadows. Blake’si work is iconic as the Sistine Chapel. But I must side with not makings images or statues contrary to Mother Church.

But lockdown is tough, I hear you.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by  michael17.

jakelafort
    Participant

Odd Reg, we have literary likes in common..Blake is no fake, the shadows, el sueno, then Cheltenham, beltin em, heart rate hikes..yikes..ya probably like Swift too and Hume wont make ya blue..ok i am through

That is true jakelafort, we do.  I do not turn so fast to Swift, whose Plato’s Cave I often pass but I have plenty of room in my head for Hume.

Unlike those that still think like cave captives he understood that knowledge comes from observation and experience. He destroyed the Design Argument that many cave dwelling theists still offer me as proof for their imaginary god. The “gotcha” look on their faces as they prepare to pounce on me with Paley’s Watchmaker analogy never ceases to amuse me. It is around then I am reminded of Hume with the words A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. On his deathbed he is reported to have said, when pressed about concerns for his immortal soul, that he was as much worried about what happened after death as he was worried about what happened before it.

@ Michael – But I must side with not makings images or statues contrary to Mother Church.

Ok, but I hope you don’t hold to all of Leviticus.

I was about to get Lev 19:28 done before the lockdown.

Maybe we only escape from one cave into another but at least I consider them all to be upgrades of the previous.  Yes, I dare disturb the Universe might yet be another tattoo. In words.

jakelafort
    Participant

Yeah Reg, Swift, albeit a great satirist was incomplete in his satirical lampooning. Perhaps the glaring omission did not reflect his views. Just a guess.

I remember reading an account of Hume’s death from his History of England and in it he is portrayed as being cool and stoic. Made an impression on me although the details have faded. Your account of his concern pre and post makes me wonder whether Twain’s famous quote was inspired by Hume.

I suspect later writers, including Hitchens, would readily admit to having admired the view they found when standing on the shoulders of Hume. His was a wide vista.

michael17
    Participant

Michael it is almost certainly super sonic speed of light defying angels. Blake wrote sumpin that is instructive…and the angel told Tom, if he’d be a good boy, he’d have God for his father and never want joy. So there you have it. Blake was in on the prophecy. Blake must have witnessed the angel speed popping the field and used that to keep Tom in line which is what god wants us to do. So be good. Believe. Don’t deceive. Yeah, that is the ticket.

https://vm.tiktok.com/tm6q67/

Viewing 9 posts - 76 through 84 (of 84 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.