Call it what you will…

Homepage Forums Science Call it what you will…

This topic contains 83 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  michael17 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 84 total)
  • Author

It may be a Emo Philips routine.

michael17
    Participant

So I have at least one amateur hour question. Preceded with at least one amateur hour supposition. Supposition (open for your corrections): Either–as I think Jake spoke to–1) there are near-infinite branches, of which none will ever meet again and we can never prove or disprove their existence or empirical natures; or 2) perhaps similarly but nowhere near near-infinite-wise, universes can merge back together almost instantly due to some unexpected law regarding conservation of quantum probability. (Yes, I just made that one up.) I.e. maybe spooky action at a distance has to happen not only in the entanglement that we would see, but with another underlying/invisible entanglement that we wouldn’t presently know how to see, that undoes the previous spooky action at a distance, e.g. with spooky anti-action at a distance. Shazam, two complementary mysteries are better than one, right!? Bringing us immediately back from two universes to one; same old single universe returns every time.

But here’s the bigger question, assuming I’m wrong above, so split/duplicate universes happen all the time and I just need to get over it. Are there any calculations that predict how often such splits happen? Like, if there are a bazillion such splits nearby, happening a bazillion times per millennium or even per second, then maybe there IS like a Quantum God just having fun with us, or maybe there are even a bazillion Quantum Gods who don’t even ever see each other and meet, much less get to know each other very well. AND FURTHERMORE, does a split that’s caused by some Quantum God a bazillion light years from here plus there potentially being all those other localized-Spooky/Quantum-Gods in our shared sphere of influence (or “sub-universe” or whatever it should be called at any instance in time)… it makes me forget now if I ever had an important question to start with, much less hope anyone can provide a useful answer.

See, my first proposition is the best. Or (I think) it’s officially my Supposition #2. I dunno, everything appears to me as Quantum-Conflated now.

So I digressed. Still, I shall name this the “do-undo double-action invisible-probability pilot-wave-equalizer phenomenon” (DDIPP for short), and you are my witnesses when it’s time for the Nobel guys to pick their winners.

Despite infinite branches existing in the quantum universe or Hilbert space only one outcome can collapse into event space at every instance. I subscribe to Penrose’s supposition, that Hilbert space is  a reality and not just a mathematical construct. A Quantum God would be privy to that reality and existing outside of event space with definite spooky action at a distance in time or space.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  michael17.
    • This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by  PopeBeanie. Reason: PB-selfish DDIPP bq equalizationator

michael17
    Participant

If all possible solutions to how quasicrystals tile a volume  exist (a priori) in Hilbert space, then the conundrum is who or what put it there?

Simon Paynton
    Participant

Surely, and I’m no expert, Hilbert space is theoretical, a set of potential states, and therefore not real.

@michaelthen the conundrum is who or what put it there?

How is a conundrum for theists? Is it not a cornerstone of faith to claim that God is the Creator of all things, including the Universe and all than it contains? It is the first sentence in their Book.

It is the atheist that says “I do not know how it all started”. Yet we are constantly told that we have no humility. Theists just pretend to know things that they cannot possible know.

A Quantum God? Stop it Michael. Just stop it while you are ahead.

If you try to measure him you will never know what position he is in.  Though when Quantum  Jesus was in the grave he was both alive and dead at the same time. No that is wrong. We should express it in terms of probability and express it as a wave function. Even Schrödinger would have approved.  But lets get all Bayesian on it first.

jakelafort
    Participant

Big surprise Michael..you whittled and carved and end in a place where you wont be jesus starved.

michael17
    Participant

Big surprise Michael..you whittled and carved and end in a place where you wont be jesus starved.

Im not playing fair I’m dealing with a loaded Universe 🙂

michael17
    Participant

A Quantum God? Stop it Michael. Just stop it while you are ahead. If you try to measure him you will never know what position he is in. Though when Quantum Jesus was in the grave he was both alive and dead at the same time. No that is wrong. We should express it in terms of probability and express it as a wave function. Even Schrödinger would have approved. But lets get all Bayesian on it first.

Ok, I won’t even pull a Schrödinger cat out of my hat. 🙂

Unseen
    Participant

I think I have it. It was in relation to a Multiverse debate. A guy comes home to his apartment to discover that everything he owns has been stolen and replaced with identical copies of itself. Then his friend arrives home and stares at him in alarm. “Who are you and how did you get in here”, he demands to know.

No bells. I’m pretty sure you were dropped into this universe from the one where I or someone said that.

PopeBeanie

Despite infinite branches existing in the quantum universe or Hilbert space only one outcome can collapse into event space at every instance. I subscribe to Penrose’s supposition, that Hilbert space is a reality and not just a mathematical construct. A Quantum God would be privy to that reality and existing outside of event space with definite spooky action at a distance in time or space.

LOL, thank you for humoring me. So it seems we agree, mostly, and definitely in the same space-time space, er, universe. 🙂

Edit: Now I wish I had used the word homeostasis instead of equalizer. Perhaps on the next timeline…

michael17
    Participant

Despite infinite branches existing in the quantum universe or Hilbert space only one outcome can collapse into event space at every instance. I subscribe to Penrose’s supposition, that Hilbert space is a reality and not just a mathematical construct. A Quantum God would be privy to that reality and existing outside of event space with definite spooky action at a distance in time or space.

LOL, thank you for humoring me. So it seems we agree, mostly, and definitely in the same space-time space, er, universe. 🙂

🙂

Maybe Unseen. I always had that association when I recalled the joke but I am not omnipotent in my recall as a girlfriend once said, which I found very impotent of her 🙂

@ Michael Ok, I won’t even pull a Schrödinger cat out of my hat. 🙂

I will accept on probability that you won’t but can you explain why you contend with certainty that the Christian God is the creative force behind the Quantum Universe we exist in.  I mean if you are certain in your belief that your God is behind it all then that is your ultimate reality, is it not?

michael17
    Participant
      <li style=”list-style-type: none;”>
      <li style=”list-style-type: none;”>

Reg the Fronkey Farmer wrote:@ Michael Ok, I won’t even pull a Schrödinger cat out of my hat. 🙂 I will accept on probability that you won’t but can you explain why you contend with certainty that the Christian God is the creative force behind the Quantum Universe we exist in. I mean if you are certain in your belief that your God is behind it all then that is your ultimate reality, is it not?

It’s a fascinating conjure that He exists in a realm not bound by time nor space. But by inference a believer must accept he must operate in it, if it’s there.

the local boundary of space-time is defined by a light cone. This boundary is defined as C x t, where C is the speed of light. We think of C has the speed of light but it defines a local boundary of the universe. If you cross over this boundary of the time and space dimension, you will wound up outside our event space. Scientist like to refer to it as  “elsewhere”. and is the “here and now” contain in a “elsewhere”,  and is elsewhere a Hibert space?

s

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 84 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.