Call it what you will…

Homepage Forums Science Call it what you will…

This topic contains 83 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  michael17 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 84 total)
  • Author

michael17
    Participant

@unseen,

After work i will upload some diagrams and break it down further.

michael17
    Participant

@unseen,

Below are 5 states of a trinomino system which are analogous to quasicrystals in that they are aperiodic, thus there are more than  one solution to a given area. In this case I show 5 states:This system is described by controlling connectivity table where the 16 columns and rows correspond to the numbered tiles.  A entry in the table means tile # x touch’s tile #y. The linear connections are the diagonals and the nonlinear connections are the off diagonal terms more over these nonlinear terms are functions analogous to wave functions that determine the specific state.

• A quasicrystal system is shown below. A table likewise can be described. The table is analogous to a Hilbert space and the functions is a quantum mechanical wave or cloud that can collapse into a specific state.

Davis
    Participant

Michael while that diagram is interesting (no doubt) I don’t see how it remotely answers Unseens question. They seem to have little (if anything) to do with one another. Can you explain how those diagrams answer his question?

michael17
    Participant

Davis wrote:Michael while that diagram is interesting (no doubt) I don’t see how it remotely answers Unseens question. They seem to have little (if anything) to do with one another. Can you explain how those diagrams answer his question?

Yes, he said that he was not a physicist, therefore could I put my commentary addressing multiple universes in a nutshell. One element of my commentary states that when quasicrystal grow to tile a volume the a priori plan that avoids dead ends is a Hilbert space of predetermined possibilities. This could suffice similar to multiple universes. I was demonstrating in laymen fashion how the mechanics of a Hilbert space with wave form elements might work. This shows how a deterministic universe meshes with branching possibilities. Only a single state will collapse from the quantum mechanical wave into event space.

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by  michael17.

Einstein and Chaim Weismann, before he became the first President of Israel, spent a week together sailing to the US. He later told a story of how Einstein spent most of the voyage explaining Relativity (and probably De Sitter space field equations) to him. At the end of the week Weismann concluded that Einstein did indeed understand Relativity.

michael17
    Participant

Einstein and Chaim Weismann, before he became the first President of Israel, spent a week together sailing to the US. He later told a story of how Einstein spent most of the voyage explaining Relativity (and probably De Sitter space field equations) to him. At the end of the week Weismann concluded that Einstein did indeed understand Relativity.

I like that story. We would be blissfully ignorant of space-time without the contribution of two of those men.

Davis
    Participant

Michael it’s really hard to figure out exactly how you are answering Unseen’s question:

How can an infinitely branching system of universes be possible under determinism?

I gather that Unseen is looking for the underlying mechanism of how multiple universes branch out.

Simon Paynton
    Participant

I think that Michael is trying to show that it’s only possible for a single outcome to happen, instead of multiple outcomes.

Presumably, that’s within one universe.  Multiple universes implies multiple realities.  The multiverse theory is not so far fetched.

jakelafort
    Participant

Do multiple universes imply multiple realities?

Infinite universes imply no reality.

Separate universes without any concatenation have nothing to say to us.

Simon Paynton
    Participant

Perhaps they would distort each other if they came near, or set up shock waves in each other if they bumped together.

PopeBeanie

So I have at least one amateur hour question. Preceded with at least one amateur hour supposition.

Supposition (open for your corrections): Either–as I think Jake spoke to–1) there are near-infinite branches, of which none will ever meet again and we can never prove or disprove their existence or empirical natures; or 2) perhaps similarly but nowhere near near-infinite-wise, universes can merge back together almost instantly due to some unexpected law regarding conservation of quantum probability. (Yes, I just made that one up.) I.e. maybe spooky action at a distance has to happen not only in the entanglement that we would see, but with another underlying/invisible entanglement that we wouldn’t presently know how to see, that undoes the previous spooky action at a distance, e.g. with spooky anti-action at a distance. Shazam, two complementary mysteries are better than one, right!? Bringing us immediately back from two universes to one; same old single universe returns every time.

But here’s the bigger question, assuming I’m wrong above, so split/duplicate universes happen all the time and I just need to get over it. Are there any calculations that predict how often such splits happen? Like, if there are a bazillion such splits nearby, happening a bazillion times per millennium or even per second, then maybe there IS like a Quantum God just having fun with us, or maybe there are even a bazillion Quantum Gods who don’t even ever see each other and meet, much less get to know each other very well. AND FURTHERMORE, does a split that’s caused by some Quantum God a bazillion light years from here plus there potentially being all those other localized-Spooky/Quantum-Gods in our shared sphere of influence (or “sub-universe” or whatever it should be called at any instance in time)… it makes me forget now if I ever had an important question to start with, much less hope anyone can provide a useful answer.

See, my first proposition is the best. Or (I think) it’s officially my Supposition #2. I dunno, everything appears to me as Quantum-Conflated now.

So I digressed. Still, I shall name this the “do-undo double-action invisible-probability pilot-wave-equalizer phenomenon” (DDIPP for short), and you are my witnesses when it’s time for the Nobel guys to pick their winners.

@unseen  -please recount that story about the guy who woke up to find everything he owned was replaced by identical copies of itself.  (from about 7 years ago on TA)

Unseen
    Participant

@unseen -please recount that story about the guy who woke up to find everything he owned was replaced by identical copies of itself. (from about 7 years ago on TA)

LOL I’m going to have to depend on you or someone else because I don’t remember it. How did it go? What point was I making, if it had a point?

I think I have it. It was in relation to a Multiverse debate.

A guy comes home to his apartment to discover that everything he owns has been stolen and replaced with identical copies of itself. Then his friend arrives home and stares at him in alarm. “Who are you and how did you get in here”, he demands to know.

michael17
    Participant

I think that Michael is trying to show that it’s only possible for a single outcome to happen, instead of multiple outcomes. Presumably, that’s within one universe. Multiple universes implies multiple realities. The multiverse theory is not so far fetched.

Simon, you nailed it, thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 84 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.