Do you believe in ghost?

Homepage Forums Small Talk Do you believe in ghost?

This topic contains 46 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  Unseen 3 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author

Benjie
    Participant

I just want to know the opinion fo other people if they do believe in ghost?

Alan
    Participant

Absolutly  not!  While everything is made of same “star stuff”  We might leave an impression of eveything we touch and some can see that”impression” and some cant. So if you are seeing a ghost what you are seeing would be more akin to a photograph or a video. the mind intepets things in familar terms when confronted with the unknow or things it can not understand. Or using the same train of thought perhaps it;s a form of “leakage” from the mutiverse. I just present those ideas as food for thought

Noel
    Participant

I think one of the prerequisites for admission to this club is a non belief in the supernatural.  You may have wandered in here inadvertently. Try googling Christianity.  They believe in ghost and zombies.

lazurm
    Participant

It depends on how you define ghosts. For instance, if you define them as independent of our minds, with their own free will and “substance”, that would be a tall order. But, if you define them as relics of our own mind, comprising of the sum total of our perceptions, fears, needs, wishes, etc., well, yes that kind of ghost exists in all, if not most, of us. Occasionally they are even visible, especially if you suffer from schizophrenia.

cecilia fx
    Participant

no. no evidence, no care.

Strega

No

Steve
    Participant

Could a ghost be a pattern of energy that does not dissipate fully after the body that held it together ceases to live?

Could reincarnation be a pattern of energy that merges with a newer body?

_Robert_
    Participant

who ya gonna call?

_Robert_
    Participant

Could a ghost be a pattern of energy that does not dissipate fully after the body that held it together ceases to live? Could reincarnation be a pattern of energy that merges with a newer body?

Yeah, let’s go with that ! Sounds good. Just throw in a unicorn; It needs more spice !

Simon Paynton
    Participant

Yes I do believe in ghosts actually.  How can it happen?  That’s not relevant.  I believe it’s arrogant to dismiss something straight out of hand, without good evidence.

Do extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence?  Yes, but it also depends on what you mean by “extraordinary”.

There is literally no evidence that would convince a skeptic, so I’m not interested in trying.  However, if open-minded @benjie and @steve would like to check it out, here is a BBC radio documentary (not an appeal to authority) that purports to give recordings of actual dead people speaking, clearly.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hgvxko3qa9k50nw/BBC%20Radio%204%20-%20Christmas%20Spirits.mp3?dl=0

_Robert_
    Participant

There is literally no evidence that would convince a skeptic

But you, on the other hand do not require at all any because that is not evidence. How would you like it if you got convicted of a crime because someone produced an audio tape like that against you and nothing more?

Ghosts don’t exist. Some people are very susceptible to suggestion, especially at times of heightened emotion like the loss of a loved one or because they engage in magical thinking rather than critical thinking.

@simonYes, but it also depends on what you mean by “extraordinary” If I saw dead people floating around a room I would consider that extraordinary.

and..

There is literally no evidence that would convince a skeptic

Correct, there is no evidence. It is  all WOO. Just like there is none for unicorns, astrology being viable, angels existing, healing crystals working, reincarnation, gods, demons, vampires, witches, an afterlife, aliens from outer space, homeopathy being of use, rekki healing, ancient astronauts, chemtrails, dianetics, graphology, intelligent design,naturopathy, the tooth fairy, and I could continue but it would get very quantum very quickly.

David Boots
    Participant

Seriously?

There is absolutely no credible evidence for this concept. And not even enough credible speculation to even entertain wasting your one precious life being ‘open minded’.

Strega

@robert That is a seriously good reply 🙂

PopeBeanie

I won’t argue against God or ghosts… call me agnostic. Only 99.999% improbable, and highly likely (and in many cases proven) that they exist merely in people’s imaginations. More to the point, what is the point of arguing anything without evidence, other than to have a two-way conversation with someone about how they feel about their dreams, or what they think they see in a Rorschack (sp?) test? Such dialogs shed more light on the perceiver and historical myth than on the undocumentable/unreproducible, anecdotal claims.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.