It's Time We Realized

Homepage Forums Politics It's Time We Realized

This topic contains 40 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Reg the Fronkey Farmer 1 week, 1 day ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author

PopeBeanie

Some evangelical backlash to Trump. And some backlash to the backlash.

(If the following video embed doesn’t work for you, please let me know. Dang, it autoplays! You can turn that off by clicking on the gear for that setting. Does that bug anyone a lot?)

_Robert_
    Participant

Onward Christian Soldiers. We just need a vampire king to get them muzzies back in line.

Davis
    Participant

Yeah Pope. The European newspapers barely held back their snickers and laughs at Trump with his speech after the bombing of a US base. A couple papers called it Trumps “embarrassing retreat”. As you would have expected Trump to engage in furious stupid words and start aiming bombs at Iran and instead he fairly quietly downplayed the problem with the ridiculous line that Iran is “retreating”. Pretty much the rest of the world is going: Trump doesn’t follow through with his threats. Attacking a US military base doesn’t even end up with armed conflict. To say that the bombing of this general was a mistake is putting it lightly. Trumps random, brazen, impatient, foul tempered inability to think things through and listen to advisers…has basically put the US into a very precarious situation and has, over night, deeply diminished the power and influence the US has in the region. And for what? For no reason. Nothing achieved but inflating Trump’s ego. But isn’t that the result of every one of his international disaster? And when I read the US media…they seem to totally pussy foot around the issue…none of them really calling out Trump for his radical humiliating change in tone and direction.

Davis
    Participant

And then came ISIS

And I think it will take a long time for the rest of the world to forgive America for the Iraq war and all the horrors that came from it (and the instability and terrorism). When I travel through Brussels airport every Christmas and go through Atocha station once a week in Madrid…I see places that were blown up because of the American led attack in Iraq. The one that made the world less safe and served absolutely no non-economic purpose. I think of the lost lives and when I see the armed soldiers walking around there (still) I just think that the American president and their retard voters are responsible for this.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by  Davis.

_Robert_
    Participant

Well ‘Lil Bush prayed and god said invade. What could go wrong?

Trump is now more distrusted than Putin or Xi according to a new Pew survey.

I think ISIS will be glad of the situation in Iraq so they can regroup.

jakelafort
    Participant

Looks like Trump is playing his hand well.

In taking out the Iranian he has diverted US public away from impeachment. Also seems like the Iranian response was orchestrated either covertly with Iran or Iran is putting on a show to appease its citizens and save face. I know there was an article published in middle east claiming 80 Americans killed in missile attack. Otherwise how can you explain the missiles not targeting Americans?

In showing restraint against titular attacks on US bases Trump wins either way: Iran or its agents actually attack or this incident is the beginning and end. As it is his base is all riled up. Trump is portrayed as the American who did something about the evil man who kills Americans. But if war breaks out so does Trump’s popularity. There is a history of the public backing its prez when we are at war. I suppose there is a possibility that this will be seen by dems as an unjust war in the way that Vietnam ultimately was seen. But perhaps not in time for Trump to lose the election.

Oh, and on top of that it looks like the democrats will capitulate and allow the dog and pony show immpeachment trial in the senate. Unfortunately, everything is coming up roses for him. I am guessing at this point his odds to win election have gone down. But many a slip twixt the cup and the lip. Lets hope..

Could the silence from Iran be down to the possibility that it mistakenly shot down the Ukrainian Boeing aircraft? Let’s see how this develops.

_Robert_
    Participant

Somehow I think Steve Bannon still influences. He is all about pushing Iran and Turkey to the brink. He is all about trade wars with China. He is all about sucking up to the Christian Right and Zionists. Bannon is a bit of a strategic genius. Back in June 2019…https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2019/06/last-minute-trump-calls-off-strike-iran/592276/

Steve Bannon, a former White House strategist and a top Trump-campaign adviser in 2016, said: “There are certain elements of the Trump administration that are pushing toward a bigger showdown with Iran.” He added that Trump is not “trigger-happy. He understands the elites and permanent political class are very good at getting you into situations and terrible about getting you out.” A senior Republican Senate aide said in an interview, “The last thing he wants is to start another Middle Eastern war. And, unfortunately, a lot of people around him are pushing him that way. You can hear the drums of war all over Washington.”

PopeBeanie

Somehow I think Steve Bannon still influences.

I think he feels his purpose in life is to influence “world order”, even if it must first come from world disorder. It reminds me of when I wished like hell that Dick Cheney would just go away or die, but wouldn’t. Bannon will hang around much longer, as he’s implanted himself firmly into the driver’s seat of influential media and knows exactly how to punch people’s buttons, i.e. to troll, with internet amplification. E.g. last year saying “I find Musselini is a very interesting character” [my paraphrase], while practically smirking at The Libtards he knew he could trigger.

The difference between Bannon and Cheney is that for Bannon they are a lot less unknown unknowns that he does not know about.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.