Noviembre

Homepage Forums Politics Noviembre

This topic contains 74 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  jakelafort 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • Author

Ivy
    Participant

@unseen I agree but it won’t matter much if he doesn’t get elected. Did u see the article this morning of how he could lose the popular vote by 5 million plus and still win re-election??

Unseen
    Participant

Ivy, you’re referring me to the article I posted a few posts ago. LOL

Yes, I saw it. And the best defense is a landslide victory for Biden. So, what I worry about are all of the asshole “progressives” who can’t shut up about his past votes on this and that.

Ivy
    Participant

@unseen SO funny no actually I didn’t realize you posted that. I read it in the news from another source 😂

OMG Facebook is crazy 😜 I have already seen so many Memes about Biden and Harris, it’s pretty sickening. Already a ton of misinformation and it continues to boggle my mind that so many people believe the stupidity. I have lost faith in all humanity. We are all going to die a slow and miserable death at the hands of these assholes LOL. People are stupid beyond belief and they will kill you with their selfishness.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  Ivy.

jakelafort
    Participant

Ivy, why are you freaking out about Kamala? What makes her a greater target than any of the other potential VPs who were not chosen by Biden?

Ivy
    Participant

It’s officially started:

This white woman Trump supporter on Facebook has this video that’s going viral about how she stepped into a place to vote and they told her she was registered as a Democrat and couldn’t vote.

So this is what they’re going to do is make people think that somehow the voting isn’t fair…That’s just one of many things…

Did anybody pay attention to what Trump is now doing with the Middle East right now?

This is going to be painful to watch. I’m not sure I can take it.

@jakelafort

Kamala Harris may as well have been Hillary Clinton. Just about every Democrat will vote for her, but Republicans won’t. And what we need is enough Republicans to vote in the place is the count for the electoral college, or we’re going to end up like unseen’s article showed having a popular vote of 5,000,000+ over, and Trump still winning the goddamn election

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  Ivy.

Davis

I’ve noticed one thing over the last decade: that republicans will do or say anything to win and there is nothing too dubious,  outright false, nasty, demeaning, offensive or unspeakable…that they think they will get away with…that they won’t definitely deploy in order to get a few cheap votes. I’ve seen them grow increasingly manipulative and unashamedly scummy. You can count on them to cheat, lie and deceive their way in attempted victory. That’s not to say Democrats are angels, but I don’t see anything remotely approaching the general Republican view: which is to deny, deflect, [falsely] accuse, invent and fib.

This isn’t normal. You simply don’t see this degree of nastiness in other democratic countries (though a few select ones can approach it like the UK, Poland, Hungary and Italy…but in general that kind of politicking is simply not acceptable. You will lose votes if you do this. I think the fact that this is a winning strategy should alarm most Americans (it is alarming to the rest of the world). Even more so: the fact that the Democrats keep playing nice. I’m not by any means saying they should play dirty…they shouldn’t. But that doesn’t mean they should play nice either. I have a fairly confident feeling that Biden and Kamala will play nice.

Unseen
    Participant

Davis, the Republicans are the way they are because they can see the demographic handwriting on the wall. Between the shrinking part of the electorate that’s white and the fact that their overweening generosity to the rich has had the middle class shrinking steadily, the only way to win elections is to try to keep people from voting, which is why they are all for voter ID laws, polling place intimidation, making voting places scarce in nonwhite areas, etc.

Don’t confuse this with vote-by-mail. Trump is fairly alone when it comes to hostility to vote-by-mail. Republicans love it just as much as Democrats, and in the states where it’s been done for years, the officers who administer elections are Republicans more often than not.

Trump just knows that he can expect hardly any support from the nonwhite demographic, so he wants to try to make sure (a) that they are prevented from voting at all as far as possible and (b) that he can claim any loss is due to widespread cheating by nonwhites.

Ivy
    Participant

@unseen and Davis You both make some really valid points, but it’s really far deeper than that, and those summaries don’t even begin to scratch the surface…

”A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within.”

For MANY reasons we are witnessing America destroy itself from within.

I would argue that we have ALREADY destroyed ourselves from within, And regardless of who wins the election, it is still only going to get worse. It really is the end of our country. Most people won’t see it that way but I do. We are never going to be the America that we once were. That ship has sailed and as for me like I said many many many years ago and continue to say, especially since Donald Trump became the presidential candidate, I said that if he became the candidate he would win and he did, and even back then I said, get me the hell out of this country… And that’s exactly how I feel and that’s exactly what I’m working to do. There are many other countries I would rather be in right now.

jakelafort
    Participant

Ivy, as you know most of Trump’s base is implacable and immovable. But there are legit republicans who are not cultists and realize they made a mistake. There are also independents who are to be won or lost. Kamala will appeal to many of those voters. She was a real law and order asshole. The specter of chaos makes her a good selection. She is also capable and with Biden’s diminishing capacity and the evident possibility of not serving out his term she is a good choice. She is also not as far left as Bernie or Elizabeth and that may appear to voters who fear the far left.

But you do make a plausible case that the USA is finished and it won’t matter which candidate succeeds. It is truly a critical period in our history. We may yet right the ship. But she is listing like a bitch. If she is going down i am going to Canada…if possible.

Ivy
    Participant

@jakelafort

You were looking at the situation with an old-school mentality, the problem is the old rules don’t apply anymore. There might be some people that switch over to Joe Biden that voted for Trump before, but in the places where it really counts for the electoral college, I just don’t see it. They might not like trump anymore, but I don’t think they would vote for Biden and Harris just because they don’t like trump anymore. There are far too many people that was still justify giving him another four years. Just because you and I understand the difference and policies between Bernie and AOC, versus Joe Biden and Kamala Harris, does not mean that the votes that are really needed in the places where it really matters – do. And if you hadn’t already noticed, Trump is pretty much rigging the election through the Postal Service. Remember I told you he’s going to lie steal and cheat his way to re-election? It’s happening. It is right there in front of your face. Did you look at the news today?

jakelafort
    Participant

Ivy, you are absolutely correct that it is the battle ground states that will determine the election. But your notion that movable voters from those states will not move is not something i can not get behind. What difference if they’re from the bluest state, the reddest state or the moon? Factors that moved voters in the past will continue to move voters in the future. And another factor in favor of Biden’s selection of K is her appeal to so called people of color (colors that aint caucasian colors) It will make more dems come out to play.

Not liking Trump is in part a realization that the pandemic will spiral out of control. So many people know and more will by election family and friends who died as a direct result of Trump’s arrogance, ignorance and incompetence. (Trump’s Spanish Flu of 1917 ending the second world war was emblematic of the depths of his ignorance…come to think of it..it pisses me off that no reporters ever challenge him after he says…nobody has ever seen anything like this before..no prior administration…i would ask him how dafuq he is qualified to judge of an assessment so sweeping when he aint on the level of an average fifth grader in knowledge of history) So those voters will realize that another term of Trump is hundreds of thousands of deaths and an economy that will collapse.

Yes it has been evident for a long time that Trump will do anything to stay in power. Announcing in advance that the election is rigged is especially stupid particularly when it is his efforts to rig the election that are evident. It is going to be an interesting few months.

Ivy
    Participant

@jakelafort

My prediction right now, Please Lord May I be wrong: he is pretty much going to lie steal and cheat in every possible way, and use his money and power and connections to fudge the numbers and rig the system to get reelected. He’s going to use the post office as a weapon, and just because people of color will vote for Kamala Harris, doesn’t mean their votes going to really count anyway, because he’s going to restrict their access to the vote in illegal ways.

My prediction is he’s going to steal his way into getting reelected, in the same way that his pal Jeffrey Epstein was able to sexually abuse women for YEARS on his private island among other places and get away with it.

The only people who could really hold Trump accountable right now (the other Republican in power) AREN’T. And they are not going to. Don’t hold your breath. They may not like the guy but they will make damn sure he gets reelected.

Better start applying for that Canadian visa now

jakelafort
    Participant

Ivy, that gave me a good laugh as i sit here in a fog caused by lyme disease.

Yeah the Republicans are complicit. Whether he wins election or loses election i can’t see him stepping aside.

Unseen
    Participant

He’s going to use the post office as a weapon,

He’s waffling, because huge portions of his base rely on the post office to receive SS checks, Rx’s by mail, and depend on the Post Office to get rent and bill payments paid on time. The Post Office is the rural voter’s connection to the larger world. The GOP has been getting complaints from their constituency that Trump and the GOP need not only to keep their filthy mitts off the Post Office, but to fund it.

jakelafort
    Participant

I listened to an interview of Trump by Donahue in 1987. Was shocked that Trump did not come off as an idiot. Was reasonably sharp and articulate.

How rich to have two candidates who are in serious cognitive decline.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 75 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.