The nicest bigot I’ve ever met

Homepage Forums Small Talk The nicest bigot I’ve ever met

This topic contains 60 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Autumn 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 61 total)
  • Author

@michael17The population at large can be bigoted and ignorant and fodder for Nazi indoctrination and Fascism.

Where do you think the fodder and bigotry came from in the first place? Anti-Semitism was born from the foulness of extreme Christianity. They nourished and fostered it for centuries in Europe. The Nazis just adopted it to suit their own purposes. Fascism understands religion. Stalin had it figured out.

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Jake,

Until the Ogden Nash ‘Ifs’ and ‘Buts’ become candies and nuts, the Ye story is a big step along the way.

Now, I know numbers make the eyes glaze, but follow me here:

$1000+ x $1000+ x $1000+ = $1000+ Cubed = $1 Billion+. (And the ‘+’ includes all unpredictable, incalculable future prospects.)

That is the price that Ye’s producers, agents, sponsors, endorsers, fellow celebrities, venues, platforms, employees and concert, vinyl, CD, download, and merchandise customers have placed on him for his vile, disgusting, and violence-threatening Antisemitic bigotry!

And it was all done by the economic decisions of private individuals acting in what’s left of Free-Market Capitalism, with no mob violence, fines, jail, prison terms, torture, executions, abolition of the First Amendment, or laws against “hate speech.”

He is now The Artist Formerly Known As Ye And Eternally Known As Shit. And what became of him will probably become of the rest of his partners and it doubtless represents the personal fortunes never earned by every other lesser hatemonger, past or present.

The world has become a little more civilized…with thought and imagination combined with peaceful, voluntary, economic action. Gotta love it! ✌️🖖🤝👍

jakelafort
    Participant

Enco, your apotheosis of free markets is ridiculous.

In this case it is causing a guy freewheeling in hatred to lose a lot of money. Ok, that is cool. However, the withdrawal of support depends on the contemporary mores. In another age an abolitionist or suffragette might have his backers withdraw their support for violating vile norms.

Also it is monied interests that created legal documents that contained restrictive covenants to enforce segregation and discriminate against Blacks and Jews. I could go on and on but what is the point? You are ineducable in terms of your ideology. You are another version of michael7 minus the delusion.

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Reg,

Great story! And if the employer whose car you drove was British, what does this London Bobby think of the judgement of his fellow Brit? You could have that thrown that in too for added comic effect. 😁

Seriously, here in the States, best practice is to show ID, license, registration, and insurance card, keep hands visible, use courtesy, and say as little to Ossifer Friendly as possible except “I wish to speak to an Attorney” if arrested. (Always remember the Miranda warning: “…Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law.”). Note the name and number on the badge and on the vehicle, cooperate fully, and if Ossifer Friendly mistreats you, bring it to your Attorney’s attention and fight it all the way when it comes to trial.

Most confrontations with police are diffused if Citizens simply do this. While law enforcement certainly does need Civilian Review and an end to Qualified Immunity and Asset Forfeiture, most police are not the bad guy and there is some legal redress when they are.

The last two and a half years could have been very different and for the better had these words been more widespread.

Autumn
    Participant

The world has become a little more civilized…with thought and imagination combined with peaceful, voluntary, economic action. Gotta love it! ✌️🖖🤝👍

You millennials and your cancel culture.

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Autumn,

I’m a Gen Xer and this is how it’s done right, not against someone who slips and uses a wrong name, pronoun, tone, or public domain cultural artifact, but against someone who uses the threat of “Death Con 3” against a whole people, who had the wealth to hire it done if he wanted, and who wanted to dedicate an album to Adolf Hitler.

Yes, no market share or mindshare for him. Decent people freely made that decision worldwide without prompting from influencers or mob threats or law.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  TheEncogitationer. Reason: Definite Article correction

Autumn
    Participant

This sort of nonsense is why everyone pretends generation X doesn’t exist.

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Autumn,

If your play-pretend notion about Gen Xers were correct, then either the Yuppies/Baby Boomers would be The Last Generation or the Millennials would be Immaculately Conceived. Either way, it would be a Sign of The End Times.
    🌩🌠🔥👹

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  TheEncogitationer. Reason: Avoiding Milennial obliviousness to spelling
    • This reply was modified 1 month ago by  TheEncogitationer.

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Belle Rose,

Just so you know, you wouldn’t win friends with an “All Lives Matter” T-Shirt either. That sends the BLM-ers into histrionic rage.

And if you’re going to admit you’re a racist, it would be best to work on that. As Ye will tell you after his $Billion Dollar+ loss, it’s hard in the world for a bigot.

And if you do decide to leave for Mexico, do not make the mistake of going out through the in way. It’s a stampede down there.

Now, another option is to dry your eyes, hike up your big-girl panties, and do the hard work of Rational Beings everywhere by pushing back the frontiers of ignorance and stupidity. I know you have it in you.

Autumn
    Participant

Autumn, If your play-pretend notion about Gen Xers were correct, then either the Yuppies/Baby Boomers would be The Last Generation or the Millennials would be Immaculately Conceived. Either way, it would be a Sign of The End Times. 🌩🌠🔥👹

Many Millennials were actually parented by Boomers. That said, no one denies that there was a mass of human flesh birthed in the 60s and 70s. It’s more a matter of cultural irrelevance.

Belle Rose
    Participant

@Enco

Just so you know, you wouldn’t win friends with an “All Lives Matter” T-Shirt either. That sends the BLM-ers into histrionic rage.

You clearly didn’t read ALL of what I wrote on that topic…..I apologize for not making more obvious the subtle nuance to convey to you that I was JOKING!!!!

And if you’re going to admit you’re a racist, it would be best to work on that.

Again you clearly didn’t actually real everything I wrote. You cherry picked. But I’ll humor you for a moment: You’re right. Maybe some day I’ll find it within me to empathize with these entitled white men who think they run the world. The same kind of men who stole my ancestor’s land and forced Christianity down their throat (while raping them). Or the men who sit at high levels of government and take away women and girl’s rights. The same kind of men who are rapists…and yet they are allowed to become a Supreme Court judge. Or the kind of men who helped elect Donald trump. I’ll work on it. No promises that I’ll ever feel any different. But I’ll work on it. The difference is that I don’t believe ALL men (or even all white men) are like that. On the contrary….there are MANY amazing white men in this world. But I’m specifically addressing the crazy entitled racist white men who are racist against entire groups of people to the point of dehumanizing them. They make no exception and do not understand anything except their own obsession controlling everyone that’s not white like them. They do not care how their actions hurt other people. Do you think Putin cared about the people he just literally turned the lights out on because he’s throwing his man-tantrum about more power and taking control of people? Do you really believe we shouldn’t all be against what he’s doing? Throughout history it’s almost always the white man who is power hungry for more control. That does not mean ALL men are like that! But the ones that are – ruin it for everyone. And if Putin ends up literally going “nuclear” you’ll get a front row seat with popcorn to see for yourself the consequences of letting men like him have power. Again, IM NOT SAYING ALL WHITE MEN ARE THE SAME!!! I can’t say that in big enough caps. HOWEVER…..do you really think a black man would ever get away with the same behavior? Can you imagine our country letting Obama do all the things Trump did and getting away with it? Think about it…..

And if you do decide to leave for Mexico, do not make the mistake of going out through the in way. It’s a stampede down there.

Really. Have you ever actually been to Mexico? Or Is that something you read online and formed an opinion about?

Now, another option is to dry your eyes, hike up your big-girl panties, and do the hard work of Rational Beings everywhere by pushing back the frontiers of ignorance and stupidity. I know you have it in you.

Sorry, no-can-do on this one despite the fact that I would love to humor you further, enco.

I don’t wear panties 😉

Belle Rose
    Participant

@Enco

Oh…..and don’t get me started on the STUPID white women who are JUST as bad, and enable these white men. Women like Marjorie Taylor Green come to mind if you need an example. I’m racist against them too. Now….before you go getting your big-boy panties in a bunch, notice the nuance here: did I say ALL white women?
    No.
    I’m talking about the type of white woman who agrees with her husband that people “like me” should “go back to where we came from.”

Bitch, “my people” were here first. YOU go back to where YOU came from. Good bye and good riddance.

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Jake,

And I’ve told you that when the calue of real estate exceeds the amount owed and taxes and leabilities, then signing an agreement to never sell it is stupid!

Those “Gentlemen’s Agreements” were like time shares and money pits for Ku Kluxers and White Citizens’ Council members. In fact, all who signed them probably lost way more than Ye because in most of U.S. history, money was based in a standard of Gold and Silver and had far more purchasing power than today’s fiat paper money.

I would hope you were educable about economics, but alas, my hope doesn’t spring eternal. 🙄

jakelafort
    Participant

First Enco let me explain how it is i equate you with michael17 (minus the delusion) in terms of your mindset as an ideologue. You live in a fantasy world just like he does. You hold fairy tales of free markets and libertarianism sacrosanct. For instance childish and rebuttable notions of the free market place of ideas are paramount so that you never permit or are capable of balancing countervailing evidence that tends to diminish your view. You can not apparently reconcile obvious shortcomings with your cartoon-like notions of how the world should work. So you reject or discard clear indications that reality is not like the cartoon. I am not referring to your loony tunes references either. You have a great many loony tune paradigms for each ideological viewpoint.

You never acknowledge when you are wrong. You never admit that there are shortcomings and negative consequences that naturally flow from free market capitalism and libertarianism. Same as michael17 with his ridiculous prophecies and theology. For each of you the truth of the matter asserted is presupposed and it is not to be questioned. We recently had a new member who is a libertarian but not in a dogmatic way. He said something to the effect it is the best we can do. I disagree but i respect that he acknowledges libertarianism is not some inerrant economic/social system that is a panacea. That is a person who may adapt or alter his political philosophy. If you can not criticize your pet government or economic philosphy you are not amenable to learning. You are frozen in a mindfield and effectively mindless. There is no learning. There is no ability to adapt. You are de facto religious. Furthermore people who fit this description are quite dangerous to all of us. I won’t elaborate here.

You were making a ridiculous assertion in essence how free markets result in redress against bigotry. I said ok that is cool it worked in the case of Kanye West. That is not how it always works. I indicated i could have gone on and on about how free markets results in horrible bigotry and racism. I indicated that business interests tend to follow the contemporary mores. So when the mores are despicable then the monied interests back the despicable mores.

Next i mentioned restrictive racial covenants. Before those were ajudged unconstitutional they were all over the USA. (It was not only real estate there were motels, hotels, restaurants, clubs etc. that were restricted.) Those deeds that conveyed real estate had clauses that were enforceable before they were unconstitutional in which it was prohibited to convey the real estate typically to Blacks or Jews. That was the free market that did that. Freedom of contract. Freedom to discriminate. But why? It was done so that Whites, good Chrisitans, could count on racially pure neighborhoods. It was done to preserve and enable appreciation of the subject real estate. Blacks moving in? Not only are your teenage daughters at risk of rape but there goes the family investment in our home! (There is a little thing called slavery that was a product of free markets also..and we needed child labor laws so that free markets did not work children to death but who is counting?)

So i did not want you to get away with your ridiculous Kanye West-see how economics solves racism BS. But really it is a waste of time engaging you. You are as i said some time ago de facto religious. You take your world view on faith. You never change or challenge any of the paradigms. The world as it is be damned. The fantasy reigns supreme. Just like michael17.

First article i found about racial restrictive covenants. Don’t read it because it won’t adhere to your fairy tales.
    https://depts.washington.edu/civilr/covenants_report.htm

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Belle Rose,

Most Internet humor I see and do is short and sweet and accompanied with suitable emojis. 😁

It’s not done in big blocks of Gish Gallop text with bits of Caps-Locked screaming inside of it. That’s the Internet equivalent of crazy street-person ranting. I see it in person with customer service all the time and it’s not really funny or pretty. All of us can do better than that.

Rest assured, I am not the enemy, nor is really anyone else here. (Johan and Michael17 are too much in their own world to do any harm. 🤪😜)

Please don’t take the remark about “hike up your big-girl panties” personal or as a yard-dog come-on. It means “get your courage up” and most people who use the saying say it to men, women, transgendered, or people who identify as attack helicopters.😁

And like yourself, some of my predecessors have been here “a minute or two,”; to put it like the kids talk nowadays. Everybody’s from somewhere and all most of us want is to just get through a damn day without incident.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 61 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.