Politics

Fighting Trumpism and Single Party Takeovers

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  PopeBeanie 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

PopeBeanie

(This topic can be made broader than what the title indicates, with Populism, Nationalism, Authoritarianism, and Oligarchs on the rise around the world. E.g. Macron’s re-election is a pleasant exception. Even if you’ve already seen these news pieces, I consider some of these “iconic” to the Trump Era.)

The following skips to almost six minutes in for timesavers, but I’d watch the whole video:

Unseen
    Participant

Is there a question to talk about?

PopeBeanie

Is there a question to talk about?

I can’t think of a good one. Perhaps this topic is more of a commentary on the evolution or devolution of our democracy. I feel like I’m documenting significant changes, but maybe I’m overestimating their significance as standalone observations? I even think of Think Atheist as significant history that’s worth preserving.

PopeBeanie

Florida Man Demands Ban on Bible in Schools Using DeSantis’s Own Law Against Him

A political activist and atheist in Florida is using a contentious law that allows residents to object to teaching materials in public schools to request that the Bible be banned from classrooms and school libraries throughout the state.

https://truthout.org/articles/florida-man-demands-ban-on-bible-in-schools-using-desantiss-own-law-against-him/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.