Sunday School

Sunday School 28th June 2020

This topic contains 23 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Reg the Fronkey Farmer 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Simon Paynton
    Participant

lol

I think the guy on the right (aka god) is saying “Well, you can tell by the way I use my walk I’m a woman’s man, no time to talk”.

_Robert_
    Participant

Lots of good reads on humanists… All of this racial tension has me reflecting….

My racism is contextual. Worked in a career with a diverse team. “Awesome”. Social situations; “the more diverse, the better”. See a young black guy casually walking down my white rural street. “Hmmm WTF is he up to?”. It is not an excuse but our brains are wired to make fast situational assessments. We connect dots that should not be connected. I can do better than that. people deserve better than that.

Simon Paynton
    Participant

It is not an excuse but our brains are wired to make fast situational assessments. We connect dots that should not be connected. I can do better than that. people deserve better than that.

I think these things are culturally constructed.  It’s in our culture to be racist.  I feel that given our interdependence, if one group is doing badly, we’re all doing badly.  We need each other to be doing well.

Simon Paynton
    Participant

@regthefronkeyfarmer – could be Studio 54 on a good night.

Possibly as it started in Hell’s Kitchen 🙂

Simon Paynton
    Participant

Nothing beats Heaven under the arches as far as I’m concerned.

_Robert_
    Participant

Nothing beats Heaven under the arches as far as I’m concerned.

Live music? What’s that?

I know a proud Union Man who said

‘Live music is better’ bumper stickers should be issued.

You are we to argue?

But I bet you knew that already 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.