Sunday School

Sunday School April 10th 2022.

This topic contains 27 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Autumn 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Gen Z is the least religious generation ever in America.

Secularism on trial: the public/private belief distinction.

Atheist lawmaker blocks anti-abortion bill pushed by “religious extremists”.

American Atheists to take a quieter approach to culture wars at Atlanta meeting.

The antisocial strain of sincere religious beliefs Is on the rise.

God’s Oligarch and Christian hate enabler is indicted by the Justice Department but will Franklin Graham be upset over this or try to hide his Russian connection?

World of Woo: No, it’s not weird, you are.

Environment: UN warns Earth ‘firmly on track toward an unlivable world’.

Two notebooks written by Darwin have been returned to Cambridge University. This made me very happy too as I have the “tree of life” sketch tattooed on my arm.

Understanding reality is not a battle between reason and faith.

Scientists have found that the mass of a sub-atomic particle is not what it should be and this could re-write the Standard Model.

The World isn’t scared of GMOs anymore.

Where do theories come from?

Long Reads: Evidence in science-based medicine. Why Darwin-hating Christians are hunting for a “living dinosaur” in the Congo. Book banning in the red-state education wars. Republican judges are waging a bizarre war against the First Amendment right to protest. Where does the mind stop and the rest of the world begin?

Sunday Book Club: Different: Gender through the eyes of a Primatologist and Recessional: The Death of Free Speech and the cost of a Free Lunch.

Some photographs taken last week. Some from Ukraine.

While you are waiting for the kettle to boil……

Coffee Break Video: Jimmy Akin vs Bart Ehrman – Are the Gospels historically reliable? From Africa – Rogue pastors, fake miracles and murder. Pick a card, any card, it’s your choice. My friend in Ukraine was awake all night thanks to 6 rounds of sirens and the distant but approaching sounds of bombs. They were listening to this song…..as they heard the first explosion.

Have a great week everyone!

_Robert_
    Participant

re:The return of two notebooks written by Darwin have been returned to Cambridge University.

On it was printed a short message: “Librarian, Happy Easter X.

Gee…I wonder if they were stolen by a xtian?

_Robert_
    Participant

UN warns Earth ‘firmly on track toward an unlivable world’

….and that’s without the impending nuclear war

@robertGee…I wonder if they were stolen by a xtian?

Quite possible. Upon reading them over the years he became an atheist and then with his improved sense of morality…..returned them 🙂

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Reg,

Do you make additions to your Tree of Life tattoo as new species or life forms are discovered? That would be a sign of real dedication to both science and tattoo art. 😁

Glad to read that the 15 minutes of huckle-buck about GMOs is about over.

One piece of Woo that I notice that cropped up during the COVID-19 Endemic was Purell labeled it’s sanitizer as “Made With Plant-Based Alcohol.”

Now, unless Ethyl an Isopropyl Alcohol molecules are being formed in comet’s tails, I thought all Alcohol was plant-based (Ethyl from grains and fruit and Isopropyl from trees.)

@Enco – I thought all Alcohol was plant-based. Reminds me of someone who once said that she only eats natural food as it only has natural chemicals. Would you eat Organic chemicals? I asked. “Yes, but only the natural ones, obviously”! “Oh, and I would never kill any animals, not even a fly”. What about head lice? I asked with a straight face.

@Enco – Do you make additions to your Tree of Life tattoo as new species or life forms are discovered?

I keep traces of all DNA in the tattoo instead 🙂 Picture.

Strega

Thank you Reg!

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Reg,

Well, that does make sense, since DNA is in all life forms and it’s all made of star-stuff and all subject to change. Plus, it is more compact, so points for style. Two Opposable Thumbs Up.👍👍

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Reg,

Millennials and Gen Z are indeed the least religious…but not out of 5he forest by any means. To receive innoculation from Wokeism, they need a secure basement or attic, spare chargers and batteries for all devices, a case of Hot Pockets, Avocado Toast, and Starbucks, and a non-stop Netflix-and-Chill sesh of The Entire Monty Python Cannon and Prequels and Spin-Offs, a Tubi.tv-and-Chill sesh of The Dean Martin Celbrity Roast and Rowan & Martin’s Laugh-In, to permanently break the spell of canel and call-out culture. Then, a Disney+-and-Chill sesh of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and Legacy Movies and Cartoons, so they learn that it’s ultimately super-ability and character that wins the day, not box-checking Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity (DIE.)

@Enco ” and it’s all made of star-stuff...”

Got that covered too 🙂

9 years ago??  Reminds me again of W.C. Fields…”I once spent a year in Philadelphia, I think it was on a Sunday”.

@Enco – you sure you mean “Wokeism”? Reads like you are describing “Snowflakes”.

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Reg,

That does cover it well.

Myeelf, I’ll use temporary tattoo pens and media for body decoration, in case I can have a body that can freeze or preserve long enough for “The Big Crunch.” 🌌

“Snowflakes” are among the target market for Wokeism, so getting that trait out of their system is key.

Other activities can include hackey-sack with a bean-bag Herbert Marcuse, bathroom breaks in single-stall unisex bathrooms to get them alone with their thoughts (“To sit down and constipate” as Benny Hill would say,) and outdoor Sunshine Breaks accompanied with a speech from Louis Brandeis on the subject.

Deprogamming should be fun! 😁

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by  TheEncogitationer. Reason: Spelling. "7" isn't always lucky

jakelafort
    Participant

Enco, you write:

To receive innoculation from Wokeism…How can you be innoculated from your ideology?

Encoclusions: so they learn that it’s ultimately super-ability and character that wins the day, not box-checking Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity (DIE.)

No chance you will be infected with cognitive dissonance. You won’t even contemplate a human world that is extrinsic to your ideological fantasies.

Why do you keep dragging me in? I can’t even get by the trick laws!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.