Sunday School

Sunday School April 10th 2022.

This topic contains 27 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Autumn 7 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

Davis

I sort of get the idea that for Enco, the “woke mob” should simply be happy with the limited progress that has been made and just quietly wait forever for the rest of the progress to somehow magically produce itself from the goodness of people’s hearts. Until then, we should be happy with:

• Underrepresentation of women in the workplace
    • Less severe bullying of LGBTQ+ people in schools, sports and the armed forces
    • Less frequent blatant police abuse against minorities
    • Transpeople being vilified and even murdered not as often as before
    • Accepting even the most vicious pointless virulent hate-speech that makes their lives pointlessly grievous

The woke mob should be happy with all this sort-of progress, recognise it, thank the non-marginalised for their magnanimous change-of-hearts and great strides in somewhat lowering their bigotry and now just let things be (which didn’t come from loud, ceaseless effort to fight bigotry but the altruism of the privileged). If you just quietly ask for and hope for change…it will come. History has always shown that. And those who resist such change aren’t doing so through reactionism…they just really really really care about freedom of speech sometimes.

• This reply was modified 8 months ago by  Davis.

Autumn
    Participant

I sort of get the idea that for Enco, the “woke mob” should simply be happy with the limited progress that has been made and just quietly wait forever for the rest of the progress to somehow magically produce itself from the goodness of people’s hearts.

Based on his contributions, that may be giving him too much credit. In this thread, what he wrote was a vapid, incoherent, caricature of Gen-Z burrito-ed into wholesale dismissal of numerous complex social movements. It’s lazy and insipid, but more importantly, it prompts the question of whether he even knows or cares what “wokeism” is. Add to that the condescending prattle toward the end of the post, and the bizarre centring of his own cultural narrative, and if feels much more like he’s just writing about his own feelings of irrelevance or at least some emotion particular to how he sees himself in the world. I mean, just look at it; there’s a whole lot of him in the post, but no Gen-Z apart from a single mention by name.

This is, of course, all subjective, but I feel like you’re almost lending a certain coherence and added layer of depth to his expressed views that just isn’t there. I get he was likely trying for some sort of tongue-in-cheek, irreverent take down (or something of that nature), but the actual formulation was:

Awkward segue from Gen-Z’s lowered religious affiliation
    ==> Gen-Z still has religiosity (or some issue comparable to being religious)
    ==> these kids need my somewhat antiquated pop culture exposure
    ==> confused joke [?] about ‘super-ability’
    ==> non sequitur dismissal of diversity, equity, and inclusion.

Davis

Yeah Autumn, in fact I had come back to completely change my text to the following:

The best way to inoculate yourself from people tired of the barriers they face communicating this and fighting for change: is to cover your eyes…pretend these problems are trivial or virtually solved and demean and belittle their struggle: exactly what Enco is doing and has done. So I would say Enco: you are fully vaxxed.

But then I thoroughly enjoyed your text so much I thought I’d leave up what I had left up.

At this point though…maybe better not to bite?

jakelafort
    Participant

I am sorry to constantly challenge Enco to think. Sorry Enco.

A while back i thought i could let things go that are from you. Sincerity gets a punch in the pants. I just think all of us need to challenge our assumptions. I have no doubt we all are sometimes guilty of digging in our heals to preserve a viewpoint that we cherish. But Enco as i’ve previously indicated your thinking is religious-think. Recently have had some arguments with Muslims whose starting, middle and end is the inerrant Koran. So there is no getting through to them. Similarly there is no getting through to you Enco. You don’t seem to care about the consequences only the preservation of the principles. Ah well it all comes out in the wash.

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Davis, Jake, and Autumn,

Yes, a good dose of classic comedy that satirizes and pokes fun equally at all sacred institutions, sacred cows, bugaboos, and personal and societal foibles can do people of all generations, situations, and conditions a Hell of a lot of good.

It shows that people can witness and be targets of the most biting and even vile barbs and insults and not only live to tell the tale, but barb and insult back and, best yet, live well, put on a game face, get out there, and correct all that’s wrong!

Now if you buy into the drip, drip, drip from academia, and news media and commentators and self-professed ‘leaders’ that you are nothing but a helpless victim of circumstance and society and immutable traits and the whole world is out to get you, you could end up doing things like this:

‘Their anger is building up’: Viral video sheds light on views of suspected New York subway shooter
    ‘Nobody has your back.’
    Mikael Thalen Tech Published Apr 13, 2022

‘Their anger is building up’: Viral video sheds light on views of suspected New York subway shooter

The choice is yours…

Autumn
    Participant

Sometimes I wonder if you are a bot.

Davis

Enco must be a bot. A guy who has never known being treated with daily contempt for being born a way, lecturing us how to deal with it, making out our fight for improvement as some cartoonish victimhood and rage…is the kind of shit a bot would do. Only a bot would igbore EVERYTHING we have said in response but then go on to post more nonsense that INCREASES in ridiculousness and parody. Question is…is it a deep fake Russianbot or just some run of the mill one out of Washington?

• This reply was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by  Davis.

jakelafort
    Participant

A bot he is nought.

You’ve been encotaught!

No trick laws. No trick bots. In libertarianism no have-nots.

Equal ops, cartoons and sugar pops…

Nobody has your back when you are spineless.

Autumn
    Participant

That’s why I’m all about that starfish life. Don’t need anyone. When shit gets too real, I can just start fission for new friends all on my own.

Unseen
    Participant

Nobody has your back when you are spineless.

If you’re literally spineless, you don’t have a back anybody could have if they tried.

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Reg,

So true. And Frank James doesn’t even have a basal ganglia lizard brain to go with his non-existant spine.

Frank James is a bot if anyone is, a bot wirh a scratchy disk drive and and water in the circuitry judging from his mentally-garbled videos and postings.

And his deeds did far more damage than any words could do by themselves, most especially to children and young people who had no hand whatsoever in any experiences he may have had to drive him to his hate.

Yeah, fuck him! The best thing he could is start twisting and tying up some towels to take himself out in the cell.

Autumn
    Participant

Reg, So true. And Frank James doesn’t even have a basal ganglia lizard brain to go with his non-existant spine.

Frank James is a bot if anyone is, a bot wirh a scratchy disk drive and and water in the circuitry judging from his mentally-garbled videos and postings.

And his deeds did far more damage than any words could do by themselves, most especially to children and young people who had no hand whatsoever in any experiences he may have had to drive him to his hate. Yeah, fuck him!

Yeah, fuck him! The best thing he could is start twisting and tying up some towels to take himself out in the cell.

So, teasing aside, I can’t tell if you are saying this because you are venting on the internet, or because you have a desire to discuss the shooting/ Frank James.

I don’t know what there is to discuss, personally, that isn’t fixated rehashing of things discussed time and time again as incidents repeat multiple times every year.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.