Sunday School

Sunday School August 25th 2019

This topic contains 64 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  Davis 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 65 total)
  • Author

Ivy
    Participant

I never made a decision not in believe in the god you claim exists.

Yes you did. We all make decisions one way or another to believe or not. It is a choice. It’s not forced upon us. That’s the whole point.

_Robert_
    Participant

You can’t even properly define what your “evidence” would look like. It’s all just excuses to not have to address the issue seriously.

You would think a god would know what evidence would work, LOL Define your god and I’ll tell you what evidence would work.

This is too easy. How about a personal day-trip to heaven and hell with lunch in between? That would do it. Explain the logic of brain tumors in little children since so many believe you interact with them on a daily basis and are all powerful. Pick a spot in each country, give us a time and we get to all meet you together. That would be cool.

Ivy
    Participant

Honestly, I don’t give a flying fuck what you all believe or don’t believe. I just like seeing you all get riled up and defensive. It really shows your true colors. It shows how much you really don’t want to believe in God. Don’t go saying you didn’t choose it! That would be a lie. Do atheists lie? Yeah that’s what I thought.

Sealioning? Nah. I don’t honestly care either way what you all think of me or don’t. It’s a small piece of vengeance I can take in this fucked up world. You all try to pretend you’re good people. Don’t kid yourself. You’re just as fucked up as “the theists” you pretend not to hate.

Ivy
    Participant

Define your god and I’ll tell you what evidence would work.

Don’t act like you would even begin to take me seriously. You wouldn’t. All you would do is go around in circles back to nothing. You know it and I know it. My God doesn’t exist to you. You don’t believe in God. That’s YOU. Nobody actually engages honestly with a theist on this forum.

_Robert_
    Participant

I and others certainly do not claim to know that a god/creator does not exist. After seeking for a reason to believe for years, all I have found is (a) claims of personal revelations and (b) various legends that conflict with things we do know for sure and (c) the fact that nothing fails like prayer. The fortunes of theists are no better than others.

It is a simple as that. Since knowledge and truth are inherently good, I maintain a standing offer to any god to enlighten me on the truth. I don’t care much what others believe, in fact I don’t even discuss these things offline. It is an interesting online topic to me.

Davis
    Participant

It probably would not take that much to convince everyone, really. I believe in the existence of dinosaurs. I believe in the existence of the planet Venus.

Indeed. And it’s amazing the crazy things that turn out to be true…when you have that, what’s that little annoying thing? What is it called? Oh yeah. EVIDENCE!

Strega

Honestly, I don’t give a flying fuck what you all believe or don’t believe. I just like seeing you all get riled up and defensive. It really shows your true colors. It shows how much you really don’t want to believe in God. Don’t go saying you didn’t choose it! That would be a lie. Do atheists lie? Yeah that’s what I thought. Sealioning? Nah. I don’t honestly care either way what you all think of me or don’t. It’s a small piece of vengeance I can take in this fucked up world. You all try to pretend you’re good people. Don’t kid yourself. You’re just as fucked up as “the theists” you pretend not to hate.

I’m curious, Ivy, as to why you joined AZ. It appears to me that you are trying to fight an uphill battle, coming to an atheist site to wave your beliefs around.  I note that your postings have deteriorated to animosity, and suggest you take a few moments to cool down.

We are not here for your entertainment. Whereas we are happy to include you in our debates, and answer any genuine questions you may have about atheism, you will not be permitted to insult our membership base.

I hope that’s cleared up any misconceptions you may have had.

Strega [Moderator]

Ivy
    Participant

@strega

I’m curious, Ivy, as to why you joined AZ. It appears to me that you are trying to fight an uphill battle, coming to an atheist site to wave your beliefs around.

I’ve been a member of this site since 2012. But it’s a dog eat dog world isn’t it? Since I can’t raise up any questions at all about anything without receiving an attitude, I’ve become a fucking bitch and that’s the way it has to be. Nobody takes you seriously anyway.

When did you decide not to believe in Allah?

Because Allah is not a personal God.

Christian theologians have often argued that their god, in the form of the Holy Spirit is actually impersonal. Others argue that the two “persons” of God, as in the Father and Son is also not a personal god. Other Christians believe that Jesus is “of God” but not in his divinity while other Christians believe God is a personal God but do not believe they can have a personal relationship with “Him”. Then there are millions of Christians who believe that Jesus is God and that they all have individual personal relationship with him.

Muslims also believe that they have a personal relationship with their God. Their God is basically the same God that you believe exists. Both the Quran and the Bible, especially the O.T. share many of the same stories, from the Garden of Eden, The Flood, Abraham and his son, Moses and the Egypt myth and even later on the life and death of Jesus. Except, like in Judaism, they see Jesus as a prophet. Also much of the Quran is written in the first person so Allah is a personal God.

Ivy
    Participant

I think we can call god whatever we want. It doesn’t matter what you name him. But I do believe God speaks to us. I can think of examples in my own life that are very specific and there’s no way it was anything but God.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by  Ivy.

Open a post called “My God” or something like that and explain it to us and why we should consider it to be true. I don’t believe you can.

Not without breaking the site rules 😂

If the only explanation you can give us to give consideration to the merits of your belief is that you have to quote the Bible then I am not interested in hearing any more about it.
    I am still happy for you to have your own post without constant Biblical references if you want to. Abusive and derisory comments directed to individual site members and towards atheists in general will no longer be tolerated.
    Your recent anger is a sign of frustration that you are unsure of what you believe. That is why I suggested opening your own post so that you can word it properly. If you don’t want to, fine but please don’t tell us we are wrong for not believing in the God you can’t describe.

Ivy
    Participant

I’m sorry for being offensive but yes I’m very angry. I feel like I’m trying to explain myself but it’s just not translating. I’m sure it’s something I’m not saying right but it still makes me mad.

Ivy
    Participant

I don’t have to go to Bible at all but wouldn’t it be seen as proselytizing? That’s what I meant

Honestly, I don’t give a flying fuck what you all believe or don’t believe. I just like seeing you all get riled up and defensive. It really shows your true colors. It shows how much you really don’t want to believe in God. Don’t go saying you didn’t choose it! That would be a lie. Do atheists lie? Yeah that’s what I thought. Sealioning? Nah. I don’t honestly care either way what you all think of me or don’t. It’s a small piece of vengeance I can take in this fucked up world. You all try to pretend you’re good people. Don’t kid yourself. You’re just as fucked up as “the theists” you pretend not to hate.

A lot of nasty comments there Ivy. You think we are all fucked up hateful liars? Really?

I don’t have to go to Bible at all but wouldn’t it be seen as proselytizing? That’s what I meant.

You can mention the Bible without citing scripture. We will not view sincere and reasonable arguments as proselytizing.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 65 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.