Atheists are angry and bitter because they have divorced from God

Homepage Forums Atheism Atheists are angry and bitter because they have divorced from God

This topic contains 68 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  physeter 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 69 total)
  • Author

Glen D
    Participant

@ Popebeanie.

Scoff all you like. Your comment suggests you haven’t heard what every school boy knows: The tragic fate of Christopher Columbus and his entire expedition—

—they were trying to get back to Spain from the New World . Sadly, they zagged when they should have zigged, sailed off the edge of the world and were eaten by a giant  turtle.

Really? Of course. Would I lie?

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

toddayoung and Daniel W.,

My kindest thoughts to both of you in your struggle against a biological monster that is one of the biggest natural arguments against Intelligent Design by a Benevolent God.  I have a history of it on both sides of my family lineage and while science has done many good things to fight cancer, the faster it destroys it forever, the better.  From me, you have more than thoughts and way more than prayers.  I also support medical charities that fight cancer with whatever bachelor’s mite I can spare.  Take care of yourselves and keep up the good fight.

👍

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Glen D and Pope Beanie,

Obviously, he ignored the sign that said: “Here  Be Monsters!”👹👾👺👽

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Simon,

Sooo…is Peter Van Inwagen saying that God supports involuntary, arranged polygamous marriage between every human being who ever lived or died of every sex, sexual orientation, or gender identity and a non-corporeal being who identifies as Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, whose pronoun is He?

Riiiiiight!

Well, if there is a divorce between us, then I say He can keep His Son, his children, none of whom I’ve ever bore (and you think Virgin Birth is hard,) and He can keep His Angels, His Heaven, His Holy Books, and even His Sweet Chariot.  I just want my mind, my body, my Life, Liberty, Property, and Pursuit of Happiness, plus a chance to explore and enjoy an endless Natural Universe.  Is that an equitable settlement?

PopeBeanie

Is that an equitable settlement?

To all people of faith, and many atheists: Keep in mind that anyone angry at God are misdirecting their anger toward a fictional being. It’s human beings who keep the ideas of invisible gods, goods, and evils going.

Simon Paynton
    Participant

If atheists are angry and bitter about religion, it’s usually because they’ve been hurt by it.

jakelafort
    Participant

Simon i compliment you on your take in re ideology. That was spot on.

But this take appears to be another without foundation. Do you have evidence?

Davis

If atheists are angry and bitter about religion, it’s usually because they’ve been hurt by it.

Or their rage on how it hurts OTHER PEOPLE and holds them back. Also…the fact that it is all made up bullshit…that generates anger as well.

jakelafort
    Participant

There is a parallel in how certain believers end as apostates.

Some do it because of personal tragedy and emotional reactions to said tragedy. It is very personal. Sad to say that Twain came to be an apostate in this manner. It is pretty sad that it has to hit home to see it for what it is. The other apostates simply examine it and reject/despise it. Bottom line it is so clearly a product of our imagination and lies on lies that are utilized to bring about unspeakable harm.

Simon Paynton
    Participant

Do you have evidence?

Well, I’ve seen enough people talking about their negative experiences with religion on TA and AZ over the years.  I’ve got a bitter taste in my mouth about it as well.  There are usually good reasons why people go on a lifelong crusade about something.

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Pope Beanie,

I know I probably come off angry (it’s easy I do with text) but what I really am is just intensely enthused about pointing out just how absurd and laughable the whole idea of a divorce from God really is.

So who mediates the divorce proceedings, Judge Judy or Dan Savage?  👩‍⚖️👨‍⚖️

Could I get Gerry Spence as my attorney?  Maybe God will respect a barrister who rocks deer-skin leather and a 10-gallon cowboy hat. 🤠

jakelafort
    Participant

Simon, that is of course anecdotal.

You may fit that pattern. I don’t. Grew up with a great many atheists and was pretty fortunate to avoid harm from religion. But i am most certainly an atheist and anti-theist. I know others who are similarly situated. I have no idea what the actual stats are.

jakelafort
    Participant

Encogitationer, you can get me. I am a lot more affordable than Spence and have a good record in court.

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Jakelafort,

Great!  I don’t even want alimony or palimony from the Big Lug.  I can support myself just fine by applying natural laws to my own survival and trading with fellow sapient beings. 💱

I just want a clean break, no forced support of God’s Children whom I never bore, and no harassment from God’s agents on Earth.

Any lawsuit that achieves that would be a wonder to behold! 👏👏👏👏

Here is a video that covers many of the points. I would consider myself more of an anti-theist than an atheist. It is not my lack of belief that “drives” me but rather my anti-religious stance. I want a complete separation of Church and State.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 69 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.