Corona…

Homepage Forums Small Talk Corona…

This topic contains 66 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  _Robert_ 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)
  • Author

Ivy
    Participant

How is everyone dealing with La Corona? How has your life changed (or not) and what is your survival strategy

Ivy
    Participant

@Reg 😂

Simon Paynton
    Participant

I’m seeing virtually no-one, and sending out applications to agents to get my book published, but I keep getting knocked back because I don’t have qualifications, so nobody will take me seriously.  However, my tarot reader promised eventual success, passing with flying colours and making a living out of it.  She already predicted that three guys would help me out professionally, and this has happened.

Things aren’t too different for me than usual.  It must be difficult for people with small children.

michael17
    Participant

I see very little love your neighbor as yourself displayed by the general population particularly with all the hoarding going on. However the selflessness displayed by first responders and medial staff is Christ-like and admirable. Such a display shows that mankind can not be written off as self centered, it being their jobs, notwithstanding. Being an evangelist I live by Psalm 91 and conduct my day as normally as the  State and presidential orders will allow me.  I evangelize not by speaking but by setting the example despite my debates on this site.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by  michael17.

Davis
    Participant

We’ve been under very strict lock down in Spain for two weeks now. You can only leave home (once a day) to go to the supermarket or pharmacy or to help someone who cannot (with a whole other set of strict rules regarding those cases). The police regularly stop people to ask where they are going and show proof of what they are doing (where you live, which supermarket you are going to, receipts etc). Fines are between 600€ and 6000€ for breaking these rules.

We just learnt the lock-down has been extended for two more weeks and the rules will get even stricter !!!

Ireland is now in a similar lock down to Spain. It is to last until Easter Sunday at a minimum but I doubt if regular life will be resurrected by then.  Police are making checks and sending people home. Fines will come into play soon.  I have just got my “essential person” documentation through so I will have some mobility.  Part of my work involves maintaining a hospital network and running the servers for a large CDU for post-op theater equipment.

On a personal level it is not a problem for me. I can go to a local park that has locked its gates to cars. Everyone walks around it in one direction only. Runners (me) do the same in the inner loop.

I recently setup a video link for a doctors surgery. I was not looking for payment but did not say no to a full bottle of hand sanitizer!!

Apparently Muslims don’t use proper hand gels as they contain alcohol. ffs.

@michaelI evangelize not by speaking but by setting the example despite my debates on this site.

Preach the Gospel at all times. Use words if necessary.

Christians would be closer to the truth if the followed that adage.

Alleged to be spoken by St. Francis of Assisi but probably not.

_Robert_
    Participant

….medial staff is Christ-like and admirable

They are the opposite of Christ-like. They skillfully employ medical science to cure people. Why is there no mad rush to church doorways by ambulances carrying the very sick and dying? Why do not the pastor emulate jesus and simply cure the sick as is promised so many times? Because every one knows deep down that prayer and faith is nonsense. I know you will not answer this. Are you upset that scientists are trying to stop this message from god? You should be overjoyed right about now. (que Crickets).

michael17
    Participant

@michaelI evangelize not by speaking but by setting the example despite my debates on this site. Preach the Gospel at all times. Use words if necessary. Christians would be closer to the truth if the followed that adage. Alleged to be spoken by St. Francis of Assisi but probably not.

Reg, I agree with your point and hope to do so one day. In the mean time I am breaking ground on a book collaborated with my son to challenge the pseudo-sanctimonious Christian paradigm.

@michael – to challenge the pseudo-sanctimonious Christian paradigm…

We can certainly help you with that 🙂

michael17
    Participant

….medial staff is Christ-like and admirable

They are the opposite of Christ-like. They skillfully employ medical science to cure people. Why is there no mad rush to church doorways by ambulances carrying the very sick and dying? Why do not the pastor emulate jesus and simply cure the sick as is promised so many times? Because every one knows deep down that prayer and faith is nonsense. I know you will not answer this. Are you upset that scientists are trying to stop this message from god? You should be overjoyed right about now. (que Crickets).

You should have been reading my posts you are preaching to the choir ( I hate that expression since I don’t believe in churches). The Pope is cowering as he did during the Bubonic plague and completely unable to. heal the sick, cleanse the leper nor raise the dead, if he is what he says. He is simply a rouse, a charlatan, a powerless paper tiger that murdered the true body of Christ and is “drunk with the blood of the martyrs”as stated in prophecy.

His palace is where the Body was set afire. He gives occasion for atheist and naysayers as yourself to blaspheme the way of truth which is forgiven because of the masquerade by this charlaton

michael17
    Participant

@michael – to challenge the pseudo-sanctimonious Christian paradigm… We can certainly help you with that 🙂

Sounds like a plan. Tap your tremendous knowledgeability. 🙂

Sounds like a plan.

I have seen their faces become distorted from trying to look pious in public as they shout at their left hand to tell it how righteous their right hand is. I have seen them rush from their private rooms to pray in public on the street corners. I have seen the glee in their eyes when they happily tell me that their god will burn me forever.

I can quote verbatim the scriptures I know you recognize above and that they are ignorant of, for they are ignorant people. This is because I have studied the Bible and I doubt that they even possess one. Sometimes I tell them that they are as honorable as Jabez. 🙂

PopeBeanie

I actually heard one “expert” ask “Are you disinfecting your keys when you come home?” That seems a bit far. Maybe I should burn my clothes when I get home.

I listen to a virology podcast every week, presented by real experts in the field, often with a guest expert in or near the front lines. One interesting fact learned about microbes in general (and I believe coronaviruses have been tested too), the more copper an item has in it, the faster the microbe/virus will be killed. Like on most keys, and brass. Metal like handrails on public transportation vehicles also mitigate transfer of live microbes, but there is still a half-life of an hour or so while they’re viable.

Those can be considered in reasonable guidelines, but it’s still always a numbers game that’s not predictable enough. If someone’s shedding a lot of viruses, even brass won’t kill them all instantly because they can stay live in moisture until the moisture dries.

These “numbers games” are manifestly difficult for a dangerously large number of people to grasp, especially (as we’ve been seeing around the world) in dense populations. Cities that could have saved themselves if only they had known they should react sooner, and if they had a sufficient number test kits on hand to discover, isolate, and trackback virus carriers.

And I’m still, even now when NYC is blowing up, seeing a large percentage of Trump lovers saying this is no big deal and that people and media are over-reacting. By “large percentage”, it seems to me like 40% of people who comment on the stories in the newspaper in my area.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.