Corona…

Homepage Forums Small Talk Corona…

This topic contains 66 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  _Robert_ 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Author

Simon Paynton
    Participant

PopeBeanie

Here is a very interesting/enlightening graph wrt the amount of testing by country. It’s over a week out of date and I wish this source would update it (and present it as “per capita”), but it’s still enlightening from a historical perspective:

graph of covid-19 testing, per country

And there is still a shortage of available test kits in my area.

jakelafort
    Participant

Props to you Reg for having the gumption to read that trash. I read a few passages and it is lights out for me.

btw…acronym soup…SLAP…sounds like a plan

Simon Paynton
    Participant

mankind can not be written off as self centered

Take a look at this scatter plot, which shows the dark (basically, selfish) vs. light (unselfish) scores of 1518 people.   It shows that most people are unselfish.

@jakelafort – I played a video game called Just Cause 4 where early on in the game the protagonist says “A plan is just a list of things that can go wrong”. Then he starts shooting everything up!

At work I recently stated that I will manage any project that I am to be involved in or I will not be involved. Rather tyrannical but I am good at what I do and all are now delivered on time, under budget and with a few “bells and whistles” thrown in to impress the client.

michael17
    Participant

mankind can not be written off as self centered

Take a look at this scatter plot, which shows the dark (basically, selfish) vs. light (unselfish) scores of 1518 people. It shows that most people are unselfish. A comforting chart.

_Robert_
    Participant

I hope Jody Lee is OK. I can’t even imagine what it must be like for so many healthcare workers. My numbskull state of Florida finally locked down about a month too late.

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.