David Silverman (Adult Content)

Homepage Forums Politics David Silverman (Adult Content)

This topic contains 54 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  PopeBeanie 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)
  • Author

jakelafort
    Participant

Thank for that link Unseen.

ENTERTAINING…kinda feels staged but very funny

Unseen
    Participant

Melania and Jackie represent a particular type of women, yes. But not all. 😆

Quoting myself from a prior post: “…I’m not maintaining that what I outlined above are ironclad truths depicting all women or all men. They are generalizations that hold up much and perhaps most of the time, despite exceptions.”

In another part of the same paragraph I just quoted, I noted that almost always, as here, when you say anything critical of women, the comeback goes “Not all women” or some similar variation.

• This reply was modified 6 months ago by  Unseen.

Unseen
    Participant

Thank for that link Unseen. ENTERTAINING
kinda feels staged but very funny

Not staged. I listened to him daily for several years. His show was four hours long and it was call after call, many of them resembling that one in one way or another.

jakelafort
    Participant

Okay so it is another instance of life imitating art.

Did guys ever call in and say that his dating advice did not work?

Unseen
    Participant

The kind of advice he gave was bound to work or at least not backfire. Bear in mind, his rules are intended to help guys looking for a sexual liaison, not a girlfriend and certainly not a wife. They are intended to avoid potentially expensive situations and entanglements, too. Examples:

No means no. Always. No exceptions.

Never date a single mother or a coworker.

Always go to the woman’s place for sex.

Never give Valentine’s Day cards or candy.

Have a $40 spending limit for dates

If a woman gets up to take a cell phone call while on a date, don’t be at the table when she returns.

This site goes into his dating philosophy in some detail.

PopeBeanie

(BTW, one of the irrational physical standards women apply is a height requirement. Research has shown that they prefer men who are taller than they are, and that the main factor that can overcome this prejudice is the wealth and power of the male. Or perhaps it is more logical than it first appears, according to this Maxim article.)

Now look at the ads at the bottom of this Maxim article, or at least the ads that are presented to me, and who knows how customized they are to whatever they might know about my browsing habits? I can tell you for sure, I do not click on these ads, and in fact I click on the back arrow before I go any further. There is a point here, when the web pages we present as “evidence” for a case we’re trying to make represents reality show more than reality. Here are the ads to which I am referring [phhht, “AROUND THE WEB”, give me a break!]:

ads that follow Unseen's Maxim article

Most of the pictures obviously do not represent “typical” human beings, but appeal mostly to male fantasy… hetero male in particular. I mean, this is Maxim, right? The target audience is, by scientific definition, “selected”.

OK, disclaimer! So I had to pixelate that last ad that actually gives away personal information about me, the one and only Pope Beanie at AZ, even though they don’t know my AZ name, yet… perhaps one day Google AI will connect enough dots between the real me who googles and browses regularly, and Pope Beanie, but as of yet, no, not even the ED ad actually hits the the target (me or PB) accurately.

But look, @unseen, the “evidence” you’re presenting to make your case is, my estimate, 90% anecdotal and/or self-selected. What kind of “scientist” relies on Maxim for scientific data? I think we are overdue for another round of Revenge of the Nerds movies.

“Some people say”, and “according to this pop magazine article” are about as credible as talk show host drivel/trolling. As for the ads targeted for Maxim readers/spectators, please tell me you don’t click on them!?

(Maybe David Silverman does [click on them]? But yes, GRANTED, actual scientific evidence does exist wrt the increased success of better looking human beings, including their height. I don’t know about the DICKS succeeding unfairly, but it does seem like it sometimes. Personally, I’m pretty happy with the results of my family life, and I do still try to be a nice guy.)

Davis
    Participant

You are quoting a Maxim article?

_Robert_
    Participant

For a while I had a good situation as a single guy. I remained close friends with my ex gf. We were attracted to each other but just got on each others nerves after a few weeks. We were on and off and finally gave up. After all of that she would be my wing girl at clubs and I would buy the drinks and dance with her. Separate cars. Women were much more receptive to me and were very curious about my female accomplice. She would talk me up, too. Way more credible than when you talk yourself up. And I would scare off guys when she needed that. Business opportunity? LOL

Davis
    Participant

I always find it funny referring to gender groups by using the definite article in a laboratory sense. “The male”. Let’s explore it and see how it gets as we use it more and more:

“The female generally does more housework than the male though things have changed over time where the male is catching up to the female, though the gap is still large”.

“The male will try and separate the female from the herd so that he can initiate a flirtation ritual often ending by the male securing the female’s contact information. If the female cannot be separated from the herd, the male moves on to the next female that the male sees as tentative prey”.

“The homosexual often disguises his attraction to the heterosexual male in office settings, as any over flirtatious or awkward signaling from the homosexual will create varying levels of tension with the heterosexual male or males in question”.

“The male may experience feelings of inadequacy next to the other males, especially if the other males have more power and influence or are more attractive. When the male is in the presence of such other males, the male will either merge quietly into the crowd, or the male will compensate by trying to be more seen and heard than the other males, sometimes leading to awkward and embarrassing scenes, especially if a female is within the environment, and most especially if the female is an object of attraction amongst the competing males”.

_Robert_
    Participant

One recent study shows that the male homo sapiens generally spits into the female’s open mouth as a sign that he wants to mate for life. However the sample size for this study was limited.

Unseen
    Participant

You are quoting a Maxim article?

Poisoning the well. WHY would they lie about Leykis, which was the only reason I used the article? It was the clearest exposition of his principles (Leykis 101) that I could find, and for that purpose it was worth quoting.

Duh!

Unseen
    Participant

“Some people say”, and “according to this pop magazine article” are about as credible as talk show host drivel/trolling. As for the ads targeted for Maxim readers/spectators, please tell me you don’t click on them.

As I explained to Davis, the article is used not as proof of anything, but because it gives a list of Tom Leykis’s principles (Leykis 101). Thus, your comments on the ads, etc., are beside the point and a case of poisoning the well. As someone who heard Leykis often for several years, I can testify that the content of the article is correct.

Unseen
    Participant

The height thing is NOT pop psychology, though it can be useful to refer to a pop psychology article to put it in layman’s terms.

The research is in this article: Are Human Mating Preferences with Respect to Height Reflected in Actual Pairings?

This is the bottom line from Psychology Today: Why Women Want Tall Men

The results on partner preferences are a bit discouraging if you’re a short man. In general, women were more likely than men to think that the man should be taller and they tended to not want to be in a relationship in which they were taller than their male partners. Men liked being taller than their partners, but they didn’t care about the height difference as much as women did. 

As it turns out, people do tend to partner with people of similar height due to a phenomenon known as assortative mating. However, no one seemed totally happy with their partner’s actual height. Men were most satisfied with women slightly shorter than them (about 3 in.), but women were most satisfied when they were much shorter than their male partners (about 8 in.).

PopeBeanie

The height thing is NOT pop psychology, though it can be useful to refer to a pop psychology article to put it in layman’s terms.

Yes, yes, I have been familiar with the research since puberty, because I use scholar.google.com. Since I grew up short, fat, bald, nerdy, and now old, I have learned to attract the best female by making it laugh. I have befuddled a number of tall, handsome, rich males by spreading rumors about them, like how they spit into the mouth of the female, yet cannot handle a decent conversation about quantum mechanics, much less play a thought provoking game of chess.

Fortunately for the rest of us, the physiological measurements of men like you (and Leykis and his fanboys) are statistically uncommon. (Don’t ask me how I know your measurements. Just learn to google yourself, often. I have learned a lot about myself this way.)

Davis
    Participant

One recent study shows that the male homo sapiens generally spits into the female’s open mouth as a sign that he wants to mate for life. However the sample size for this study was limited.

I believe that study was later enhanced by a study published in the highly reputable Vogue magazine which demonstrated how the female can judge whether she likes the male within seconds of being spat at.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.