Does history attest to the accuracy of the prophecy of the book of revelation ?

Homepage Forums Theism Does history attest to the accuracy of the prophecy of the book of revelation ?

This topic contains 136 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  michael17 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 137 total)
  • Author

michael17
    Participant

@michaelI became a member of the 4 Sigma Society. Well done on passing that one. Did it take Kevin a long time to send you the test results? I was once offered membership to “The 1000” but I declined.

The test I took in 1979 is in PDF of the following link:

http://www.housevampyr.com/training/library/books/omni/OMNI_1979_04.pdf

It was scored by the 4 sigma society within a month.

However there is new test now.

Now that I recall I only averaged 164  in everything except verbal.

That score was only 148.  So I actually became a member of a 3 sigma society ( called The Triple…) that was offered with my results. We engineers are the butt of many verbal jokes.🙂

michael17
    Participant

@michaelI became a member of the 4 Sigma Society. Well done on passing that one. Did it take Kevin a long time to send you the test results? I was once offered membership to “The 1000” but I declined.

The test I took in 1979 is in PDF of the following link:

http://www.housevampyr.com/training/library/books/omni/OMNI_1979_04.pdf

It was scored by the 4 sigma society within a month.

However there is new test now.

Now that I recall I only averaged 164  in everything except verbal.

That score was only 148.  So I actually became a member of a 3 sigma society ( called The Triple M Society) that was offered with my results. We engineers are the butt of many verbal jokes.🙂

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by  michael17.

michael17
    Participant

@ Reg

Opps I meant  triple 9 society: 99.9 percentile with my verbal score average in

My niece recently got her SAT results. She was in the top 0.7% in America. GPA 4.35 too with AP courses. Several offers from top Universities and not 18 years old yet!! OK Boomers the country is saved!

148 is enough to join Mensa.

fyi – Omni collection.

jakelafort
    Participant

Michael, if we were visited by super-intelligent aliens and compelled to answer yes or no as to whether history attests to the accuracy of the prophecy of the book of revelation on pain of execution for an incorrect answer how would you answer?

michael17
    Participant

@Reg

That’s impressive. My kudos to her!

michael17
    Participant

Michael, if we were visited by super-intelligent aliens and compelled to answer yes or no as to whether history attests to the accuracy of the prophecy of the book of revelation on pain of execution for an incorrect answer how would you answer?

A Rod Serling  or Outer Limits adventure. If it were possible for
    non-supernatural aliens to exist,
    my response would yes.

jakelafort
    Participant

So aliens are nonexistent because they would be supernatural?

michael17
    Participant
      <li style=”list-style-type: none;”>
      <li class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>

jakelafort wrote:So aliens are nonexistent because they would be supernatural?

Once you posit God then angels are posited also. Good and Bad ones. I posit that UFOs and aliens are supernatural just as the Mary apparition, sent to deceive.” Men’s hearts failing from fear of the things coming down on the earth, for the powers of heaven shall be shaken” (sic)

jakelafort
    Participant

What a shitty way to live Michael.

I gather that putative evidence that contradicts your understanding is rejected. The evidence is either specious or intended to deceive. Isn’t that a bit myopic though to assume that we are IT. Is there anything deceptive or contradictory about life in other parts of the universe? It may be imagined that life arises elsewhere naturally or supernaturally depending on your brand of coffee.

michael17
    Participant

@jakelafort

Just me positing, nothing dogmatic.

jakelafort
    Participant

Michael, are you sure you are not dogmatic in this opinion and more importantly in your approach to reality? You take great care to differentiate your views from those of mainstream Christianity. How do those differ? Both mainstream and Michael-think spring from authority and doctrine and are held/cherished as cocksure.

Once a person has fully embraced ideology/religion/views that are as aforementioned there is no possibility of discovering what is real or true if it is at variance with dogma. (dogma is amgod backwards…could that be a message?) You readily espouse your discoveries/understanding but divulge zero about the foundations. None of us are interested other than at an academic level (me not at all…bore the shit out of me) unless you establish the foundations. There are many reasons for us to discount all iterations of mythology, superstition and its dogma. So without doing that ( i have asked u repeatedly) there is no reason to respect/consider what you are representing.

michael17
    Participant
    jakelafort wrote:

“Michael, are you sure you are not dogmatic in this opinion and more importantly in your approach to reality? You take great care to differentiate your views from those of mainstream Christianity. How do those  differ? Both mainstream and Michael-think spring from authority and doctrine and are held/cherished as cocksure. Once a person has fully embraced ideology/religion/views that are as aforementioned there is no possibility of discovering what is real or true if it is at variance with dogma. (dogma is amgod backwards…could that be a message?) You readily espouse your discoveries/understanding but divulge zero about the foundations. None of us are interested other than at an academic level (me not at all…bore the shit out of me) unless you establish the foundations. There are many reasons for us to discount all iterations of mythology, superstition and its dogma. So without doing that ( i have asked u repeatedly) there is no reason to respect/consider what you are representing.”

The foundation of the mainstream is the Nicene Creed ratified by the Council of Nicaea under the auspices of Emperor Constantine of “by this sign you shall conquer” fame. One of his asia-minor bishops persuaded the majority to adopt the asiatic trinity in it’s theology/Christology.  It put the son equal with the Father and introduced a third person. A triune godhead is simply pagan. It misinterprets the Comforter as a third person whereas the comforter is associated with the birth from above that the believer shall receive that gives the believer a naked spiritual mind that does not have a spiritual body but will receive it in the future; this the” white robes “mention. martyrs who have received the “Christ mind”
    spiritually ascend upon death and are with Christ; “Souls under the alter” the rest of the dead have minds that have perished with their bodies and will not be conscientious again until Judgement day. Thus the Comforter is you in Christ who is  in the Father also viewed as the Christ and the Father and the newly birth spiritual mind of you in you. No third person in the Godhead equal to God. The Son is always subordinate to the Father. If  Mary is in heaven she is there as a spirtual mind joined to Christ, not as the queen of heaven appearing bodily as at the Coptic church in Zeitoun Egypt.

jakelafort
    Participant

Yeah, i have read about that council, other councils and about precursors. That is not what i am asking you. Step outside your comfort zone and answer me…CONCEPTUALLY, why is there any validity to any of it? Again a text can not authenticate itself. Is there any rational reason to believe that what has been handed down whether in its original version(s) or modified has any validity?

michael17
    Participant
    “Yeah, i have read about that council, other councils and about precursors. That is not what i am asking you. Step outside your comfort zone and answer me…CONCEPTUALLY, why is there any validity to any of it? Again a text can not authenticate itself. Is there any rational reason to believe that what has been handed down whether in its original version(s) or modified has any validity?”

From a scientific point of view, please read an article in the latest  New Scientist, “Why the laws of the universe explain everything except you” . This the scientific conundrum.  Everything around us results from causality , even quantum mechanics however our minds work outside of causal reality, like gods with no causal connection to the physical world in its decision making process. Why does this duality exist?

Religion has and explanation and science doesn’t. This is not a foundation but should give pause to explaining everything as subject to the natural world

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 137 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.