Does history attest to the accuracy of the prophecy of the book of revelation ?

Homepage Forums Theism Does history attest to the accuracy of the prophecy of the book of revelation ?

This topic contains 136 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  michael17 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 137 total)
  • Author

michael17
    Participant

Oops!, it’s at least 34 nations now. 27 now than the UK has drawn in its horns.

Thanks for the correction Reg!

No problem.

I have William Blake’s “The Ancient of Days” tattooed on my shoulder. Some people mistakenly call it “The Beast” 🙂

michael17
    Participant

No problem. I have William Blake’s “The Ancient of Days” tattooed on my shoulder. Some people mistakenly call it “The Beast” 🙂

🙂  “The Beast” is also a 3 story computer in Brussels,  where the EU is headquartered., which was ramified  by the Treaty of Rome.  The EU certainly looks like the  precursor of the Roman Beast, but until it resumes persecution and causes martyrdoms in the Colosseum again it is in the future.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  michael17.
    • This reply was modified 2 months ago by  PopeBeanie. Reason: bq fix

Can you guess the 3 number password for the Beast? It makes up my invisible tattoo.

The Colosseum was not all that bad. Some lions never got a Christian!

michael17
    Participant

Can you guess the 3 number password for the Beast? It makes up my invisible tattoo.

666 has lead to all sorts of speculative plays on numbers over the years. Of course you have the Pope’s triple crown with the letters corresponding to  Roman numerals adding to 666. Nero Caesar, responsible for burning Christians on poles ( crosses) to give light to the city of Rome on Vatican Hill. His name adding to 666 in Latin. So of course, I jumped on the band wagon and got 666 from:

Roman Empire

Vatican City

Rosary Beads.

Individually, if A=50, through Z=75.

michael17
    Participant

This is true. History attests to lions refusing to eat some Christians who were later slayed by the sword.

History attests to lions refusing to eat some Christians who were later slayed by the sword.

Maybe they were full of pagans or just didn’t fancy any dessert that day 🙂

michael17
    Participant

This is true. History attests to lions refusing to eat some Christians who were later slayed by the sword.

i just read your source. The action of amnesty if you sacrifice to the gods (or the beast, which also means the Emperor) was indeed foretold in 95AD by the author of the revelation.

One thing that really annoys me about the Evangelical government is how they pretend they are concerned with the problems of Israel and Palestine when all they are concerned with is prophecy, not politics. The sooner the Rapture takes them the better.

michael17
    Participant

One thing that really annoys me about the Evangelical government is how they pretend they are concerned with the problems of Israel and Palestine when all they are concerned with is prophecy, not politics. The sooner the Rapture takes them the better.

I am dissatisfied with the mainstream also. They are misguided and have none of the signs of true disciples.

jakelafort
    Participant

Michael, reading the tea leaves, searching for proof that the prophecies are fulfilled with such indefatigable steadfastness (40 years?) virtually assures that your results-driven investigation will see you find what you are seeking.

If a prophecy is real it won’t require tea leaves, it won’t have ambiguity. There will be no need for exegesis or in depth examination of historical records because the prophet knows of what he speaks. He will be clear, direct and specific. There will be agreement even among naysayers/cynics that holy fuck the future was known.

The implications of prophetic knowledge are disturbing. Or they would be if there was a scintilla of validity to prophecy. There are so many antecedents or predicates before a prophecy materializes that the only way to know something so uncertain and far in the future is if the course of events is determined. If prophets are receiving messages from god then god is revealing the future but to what end? If foreknowledge of some calamitous future is conveyed to a prophet and the message of the prophet is heeded so that the prophecy is averted then the future is not determined. Prophecies are unreliable. If the future is determined (prophecies are reliable) then free will is illusory and a god who would cause eternal suffering when the actor is incapable of a different course is monumentally cruel.

michael17
    Participant

Michael, reading the tea leaves, searching for proof that the prophecies are fulfilled with such indefatigable steadfastness (40 years?) virtually assures that your results-driven investigation will see you find what you are seeking. If a prophecy is real it won’t require tea leaves, it won’t have ambiguity. There will be no need for exegesis or in depth examination of historical records because the prophet knows of what he speaks. He will be clear, direct and specific. There will be agreement even among naysayers/cynics that holy fuck the future was known. The implications of prophetic knowledge are disturbing. Or they would be if there was a scintilla of validity to prophecy. There are so many antecedents or predicates before a prophecy materializes that the only way to know something so uncertain and far in the future is if the course of events is determined. If prophets are receiving messages from god then god is revealing the future but to what end? If foreknowledge of some calamitous future is conveyed to a prophet and the message of the prophet is heeded so that the prophecy is averted then the future is not determined. Prophecies are unreliable. If the future is determined (prophecies are reliable) then free will is illusory and a god who would cause eternal suffering when the actor is incapable of a different course is monumentally cruel.

Thoughtful and well spoken.

I see the futility that man is subject to and I constantly wrestle with this despite knowing that our sinful nature has precipitated in such a reward. I also can go down the slippery slope of temptation and violation without constantly checking my thoughts and actions. It becomes obvious that I am restraining a sinful nature that has been with me all my life that I did not ask for. The man of sin that the Pauline doctrine expounds upon in Romans.

This sinful nature remains since I have not been reborn as the whole family of Cornelius was in the book of the acts of the apostles. I searched in Jerusalem and one city in Asia Minor for remnants of the first century miracle bearing Christians to no avail. But he who subjects the world to futility has also subjected to hope. And in this hope I remain a evangelist. But to make a long story short prophecy has distinguished that overall mans nature will not allow him to avert the prophecies. But I wish that the whole world could be like me.

_Robert_
    Participant

But I wish that the whole world could be like me.

Oh, but most are..they wail at a wall, the fly planes into buildings, they kneel in certain directions, erect massive buildings adorned with symbols. The flock to holy lands and march carrying symbols and light candles and burn incense.  They study their fairytales and all make predictions, even on street corners with megaphones. There is nothing unique about you at all. Just another nonsense peddler in an ocean of them.

michael17
    Participant

But I wish that the whole world could be like me.

Oh, but most are..they wail at a wall, the fly planes into buildings, they kneel in certain directions, erect massive buildings adorned with symbols. The flock to holy lands and march carrying symbols and light candles and burn incense. They study their fairytales and all make predictions, even on street corners with megaphones. There is nothing unique about you at all. Just another nonsense peddler in an ocean of them.

Superficially I could come to the same conclusion but over the years I see tv evangelist and  priests not fighting temptation. I see a  world full of hypocrisy. But to you point there are some individuals trying, but not enough to avert the prophecy.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 137 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.