#MeToo Must Start Making Distinctions

Homepage Forums Small Talk #MeToo Must Start Making Distinctions

This topic contains 106 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Simon Paynton 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 107 total)
  • Author

_Robert_
    Participant

I mean, I almost feel like men who can’t take the current movement are like, um, whimps, ya know?

There you have it….blatant sexism. So programmed to be a hero. BTW this idea that any woman can essentially convict you with an accusation should send shivers down your liberal spine. As for woman’s shelters, sure you can go visit but if you want to see men battered you need to look out in the streets, under the overpasses. Guys that used to be married and have homes and fought in wars. I know , my father was a battle vet in Korea was one of them. Lost his mind. Where is the equality there?

Unseen
    Participant

#MeCarthyism (anyone not getting the McCarthy reference, like perhaps some Brits or millennials, google “McCarthyism”).

• This reply was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by  Unseen.

Unseen
    Participant

Considering the long-term costs of our historic culture of slavery, and considering the physical wife abuse that takes place daily (all one has to do is visit a woman’s shelter to see the evidence), do you think that the cost to men of the #MeToo movement and public allegations actually overwhelms the known damage done and still happening? I mean, I almost feel like men who can’t take the current movement are like, um, whimps, ya know?

Popie Baby, even many MURDERERS get out of prison and are encouraged to rejoin society. #MeToo seems to want to destroy the lives of all offenders, without distinguishing between those whose offense was verbal, somewhat physical, grossly physical, or rape. We have brains which should allow us to make distinctions. If we’re not going to use our heads, we don’t need a brain.

#MeToo needs to use its brain.

Simon Paynton
    Participant

@robert – try giving birth.  The pain of giving birth is said to be equivalent to being burned alive.  Both “sides” have it hard in different ways.

I do think that MOST of the Men Going their Own Way, and Men’s Rights Activists, are whining little pussy-boys who can’t take the heat/grow up.  I find them unpleasant.  Like you say, there are ways round the accusation problem, which I don’t actually believe is as prevalent as people say.

Simon Paynton
    Participant

@unseen – we’re talking about the thin end of a very nasty wedge.  I can understand women getting upset about things like that.  How would you like it?

_Robert_
    Participant

@robert – try giving birth. The pain of giving birth is said to be equivalent to being burned alive. Both “sides” have it hard in different ways. I do think that MOST of the Men Going their Own Way, and Men’s Rights Activists, are whining little pussy-boys who can’t take the heat/grow up. I find them unpleasant. Like you say, there are ways round the accusation problem, which I don’t actually believe is as prevalent as people say.

“Pussy Boys” What’s wrong with pussy? You are obviously just part of the Patriarchy Rape Culture. The concern here is that enough men figure “why bother” and just drop out of the traditional roles, just as the boomers come into social security age. The birth rate is dropping so that incredible pain of labor won’t be as much of a concern. Plenty of men do burn alive in industrial accidents, btw. The whole point I am making is that feminist don’t really want human equality. They want female dominance, and so liberal “less than alpha” males are the real pussy boys who suck up just to get a shot a getting laid, and they rarely do. We all know women repeatedly go for the alpha pricks. No doesn’t mean No after you sleep with a prick, sorry ladies.

Simon Paynton
    Participant

This is a point of view

_Robert_
    Participant

Yeah right, that’s what all the losers would like to think. Attraction is biological; the decision is made instantly.

Simon Paynton
    Participant

The concern here is that enough men figure “why bother” and just drop out of the traditional roles,

– I think the “traditional roles” are losing favour – now there is a different model of masculinity emerging.

I think it takes a real man to handle a real woman.  In other words, a real man doesn’t have his masculinity threatened by an accomplished and intelligent female.  It goes without saying, people are required to be nice and not a nightmare to deal with.  That goes both ways.

Simon Paynton
    Participant

In other words, I think that many males are used to being infantilised by their privileged positions of power – big man in a little kingdom – and they haven’t stopped yet.

_Robert_
    Participant

Simon, may I ask if your assessment on these new gender roles comes from you own successful relationship(s) or are you just spewing clichés? It seems to me that these social justice warriors are looking to achieve a genderless society. How that will work is beyond me. Men are already confused about approaching women and many of my buddies have given up. As for me, when I was single I put up a typical profile and just waited. Nothing. So then I decided WTF and put up the most obnoxious profile I could. ‘If I have time I may get back to you’..stuff like that. My inbox was full in one day. I did meet a wonderful woman, she just had to see what I was about… and we are going strong. She also happens to be an atheist. She is no feminist and resents that they think they represent womenkind.

Unseen
    Participant

I do think that MOST of the Men Going their Own Way, and Men’s Rights Activists, are whining little pussy-boys

I think the “pussy-boys” is a sexist expression, as when a male is criticized for doing something “like a girl,” an expression I’ve stopped using because it’s insulting to women and girls.

Unseen
    Participant

Simon, may I ask if your assessment on these new gender roles comes from you own successful relationship(s) or are you just spewing clichés? It seems to me that these social justice warriors are looking to achieve a genderless society. How that will work is beyond me. Men are already confused about approaching women and many of my buddies have given up.

Masturbation is the new dating.

To paraphrase an old line – So Debbie, what first attracted you to the millionaire Paul Daniels?

Simon Paynton
    Participant

Simon, may I ask if your assessment on these new gender roles comes from you own successful relationship(s) or are you just spewing clichés?

– yes, no.  I’m not sure about “new” gender roles, just modified from the ones we have been given to expect.  Also, I’m no expert, and nobody is.  I think it’s “the lion and the lamb”, tough as steel with a genuinely kind heart.

I love this article by the very beautiful and intelligent Midori Lei about “alpha” males.  She’s a Christian traditionalist, but so what.

It seems to me that these social justice warriors are looking to achieve a genderless society. How that will work is beyond me.

– I agree, and I think those people are mad, and their ideas are crap and don’t work.

Men are already confused about approaching women and many of my buddies have given up.

– many men blame women for not finding them attractive – I think that’s lame, immature and unpleasant.  They need to change what they do.  Women are obviously on the look out for eligible men, whatever that means.  I think it means, men who will fulfill their needs.

So then I decided WTF and put up the most obnoxious profile I could. ‘If I have time I may get back to you’..stuff like that. My inbox was full in one day.

– I imagine they saw you as funny, confident and having character and charisma and “something about you”.

Surely it’s always very difficult for people to meet eligible others, depending on how unusual they are.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 107 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.