#MeToo Must Start Making Distinctions

Homepage Forums Small Talk #MeToo Must Start Making Distinctions

This topic contains 106 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Simon Paynton 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 107 total)
  • Author

Participant

I still really hate the Metoo movement (with a passion) and I have since day 1 and it’s getting out of hand. I started a discussion about this a while back and I can’t find it, but my feelings have only gotten stronger against it.

Simon Paynton
    Participant

@belen, do you think that the traditional masculine roles need to change, and if so, what to?

Simon Paynton
    Participant

Participant

There are a lot of men I could probably try to prosecute for things they’ve done to me years ago. But why don’t I? Because no one will do anything about it, and even if they did, the process of going through the trouble of going to court is like being a victim all over again. And yet these rich bitches have NO PROBLEM airing all of their bullshit past from YEARS ago why? Because they’ll benefit from it financially because right now we’ve given them a platform to keep on and keep on and keep on and not shut up about it. And if it’s not financially they’ll benefit from being the center of attention for their 15 minutes of fame and victimhood and we all have to hear about it. Honestly shut the fuck up already. I’m done with these bitches. Some men are predators but if you don’t take responsibility in the moment for their actions why is it getting the center of attention now? Because now we have a PRESIDENT who is also a predator and now all of a sudden it’s important. Because NOW we realize how far down the tubes we’ve already gone. Otherwise no one would care (still).

Participant

@simon: do you think that the traditional masculine roles need to change, and if so, what to?

I am in 100% agreement and I cannot say it emphatically enough with Jordan Petersen when he says not to confuse the patriarchy with male competence.

Simon Paynton
    Participant

these rich bitches have NO PROBLEM airing all of their bullshit past from YEARS ago

– surely it does publicise the problem of male harrassment / abuse / control.

Simon Paynton
    Participant

he says not to confuse the patriarchy with male competence

– I’m not sure what you mean.  What is Jordan Peterson’s position?  I think the patriarchy is rather fake (i.e. the power of the patriarchy is based on bogus grounds), but male competence is real.

Participant

BTW everyone I’m moving to New Zealand. I’m DONE with the United States. Precisely because of this type of bullshit. I’m out of here. BYE FELICIA!!!

Participant

Unseen
    Participant

Is that blank post some sort of parting spit in our direction?

Participant

@unseen, no I was trying to post a meme and it didn’t work but I couldn’t delete it lol

PopeBeanie

#MeToo seems to want to destroy the lives of all offenders, without distinguishing between those whose offense was verbal, somewhat physical, grossly physical, or rape.

OK, I got an A in critical thinking class, so I’m giving myself permission to criticize that comment.

• “Seems” is a weasel word
    • “Destroy the lives of all offenders” is hyerbole
    • It reeks of straw man misrepresentation of #MeToo motive

Mostly, your premise is an over-generalization of what #MeToo is about.

It’s just too damn easy for twitter addicts to find offense and spit their own fuel into the fire.

PopeBeanie

BTW this idea that any woman can essentially convict you with an accusation should send shivers down your liberal spine.

Guess I’ve just been too lucky, and so are the men I’ve met, compared to the abused women I’ve met. Anecdotal, I know. Even so, I don’t hate men for their more violent nature… I mean, male (compared to female) violence isn’t even an arguable fact of life, is it? Does that sound like blatant sexism on my part, too?

_Robert_
    Participant

Even so, I don’t hate men for their more violent nature… I mean, male (compared to female) violence isn’t even an arguable fact of life, is it? Does that sound like blatant sexism on my part, too?

I agree with that. But understand the big picture. Women in general select men on their potential to succeed in violence. Tall men, muscles, big shoulders, etc.. They find that attractive…firemen you know that whole bit. Woman always go for taller, stronger men. Goes back to prehistoric times. Nice flabby momma’s boys not so much.

So you fail to see the role women play and how they fail to take their responsibility. And when you hear a battered woman tell her story, you don’t really ever get to know the real story; the mental torture, manipulation, and provocation. Just a mean son of a bitch hitting an innocent woman? Bullshit….It is a simpleton’s position.

BTW, ask you male friends if they were ever pushed, slapped or had a shoe thrown at them. Many men show incredible restraint. You wont hear about that much either.

Simon Paynton
    Participant

It sounds like you’re saying that if women find powerful males attractive, they’ve only got themselves to blame if they get slapped around.

Why would females select for more powerful males?  In the primate world, higher up the hierarchy = better genes.  But also, more powerful males can protect the females better too, from other males.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 107 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.