The case made for Christ

Homepage Forums Theism The case made for Christ

This topic contains 117 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  michael17 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 118 total)
  • Author

Unseen
    Participant

There is evidence that the Templars where involved…

Good one! LOL

Unseen
    Participant

Michael – Did the Christian God create aliens or are they evolved? I wish they would hover over Ireland for a few nights. It’s not fair you always get them. If they are not aliens in the UFO’s but actually members a deep state agency they might be able to find Jason Bourne.

I often wonder what Christians think in terms of intelligent life elsewhere. Is Jesus their savior, too? or did God create soulless intelligent beings? and if so why? Just for kicks? Or, if they have souls, do they have to make do with a cross-species savior from Earth? or do they get their own “Son of God” in the an alien body to match theirs?

Unseen
    Participant

So what is your view, Michael, on the Chupacabra? Bigfoot? Jersey Devil? The Tuttle Bottoms Monster? The Jackalope?

Unseen
    Participant

Michael, this article, Why People Fall For Bullshit, explains you pretty handily:

BR: What makes people willing to consider bullshit?

GP: There seem to be two factors that underlie why someone might be particularly receptive to bullshit.

The first is response bias. What that means is some people are just more open to anything they come across. From the outset, they are less skeptical. This isn’t specific to bullshit. It’s kind of like gullibility, although gullibility has more to do with social settings.

[The second:] The anterior cingulate cortex triggers when there’s something off about a problem, and that allows us to detect when there might be bullshit. With bullshit, [this trigger] may only sometimes be pulled, and perhaps only for certain types of people, particularly analytic ones.

You are a bullshitee. The article also explains successful bullshitters like our President:

BR: Let’s say I’m interested in becoming a better bullshitter. What are some principles I should follow?

GP: A good way to do it is insert a lot of buzzwords and be vague.

If you say something direct, the people who agree with you will like it and the people who don’t won’t like it. But if you say something vague, people will bring what they think it means to it. And then everyone will like it — if you hit the perfect spot.

michael17
    Participant

Michael, this article, Why People Fall For Bullshit, explains you pretty handily: BR: What makes people willing to consider bullshit? GP: There seem to be two factors that underlie why someone might be particularly receptive to bullshit. The first is response bias. What that means is some people are just more open to anything they come across. From the outset, they are less skeptical. This isn’t specific to bullshit. It’s kind of like gullibility, although gullibility has more to do with social settings. [The second:] The anterior cingulate cortex triggers when there’s something off about a problem, and that allows us to detect when there might be bullshit. With bullshit, [this trigger] may only sometimes be pulled, and perhaps only for certain types of people, particularly analytic ones. You are a bullshitee. The article also explains successful bullshitters like our President: BR: Let’s say I’m interested in becoming a better bullshitter. What are some principles I should follow? GP: A good way to do it is insert a lot of buzzwords and be vague. If you say something direct, the people who agree with you will like it and the people who don’t won’t like it. But if you say something vague, people will bring what they think it means to it. And then everyone will like it — if you hit the perfect spot.

Your diagnosis would have weight if you presenting evidence of your accusation. Lacking any it’s just an arm wave. A desperate attempt to preserve your paradigm by throughing rocks. Bring something definitive to the table
    besides your internal rationalizations and caustic reactions. Slap your evidence on the table.

michael17
    Participant
      <li style=”list-style-type: none;”>
      <ul style=”text-align: center;”><li class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>

Unseen wrote:Michael, this article, Why People Fall For Bullshit, explains you pretty handily: BR: What makes people willing to consider bullshit? GP: There seem to be two factors that underlie why someone might be particularly receptive to bullshit. The first is response bias. What that means is some people are just more open to anything they come across. From the outset, they are less skeptical. This isn’t specific to bullshit. It’s kind of like gullibility, although gullibility has more to do with social settings. [The second:] The anterior cingulate cortex triggers when there’s something off about a problem, and that allows us to detect when there might be bullshit. With bullshit, [this trigger] may only sometimes be pulled, and perhaps only for certain types of people, particularly analytic ones. You are a bullshitee. The article also explains successful bullshitters like our President: BR: Let’s say I’m interested in becoming a better bullshitter. What are some principles I should follow? GP: A good way to do it is insert a lot of buzzwords and be vague. If you say something direct, the people who agree with you will like it and the people who don’t won’t like it. But if you say something vague, people will bring what they think it means to it. And then everyone will like it — if you hit the perfect spot.

Your diagnosis would have weight if you are presenting evidence of your accusation. Lacking any it’s just an arm wave. A desperate attempt to preserve your paradigm by throughing rocks. Bring something definitive to the table
    besides your internal rationalizations and caustic reactions. Slap your evidence on the table.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by  michael17.

_Robert_
    Participant

Michael, will you think of us at all when you are lying on your deathbed and jesus is a no-show;  same as the 50 generations before you? Yes, they too had their ‘signs and miracles’ that meant the end was upon them. Originally they were literally and triply promised that their savior would be back during their lifetimes. Didn’t happen…but the dictators of the day realized what a powerful tool they had. Big hats, robes, councils to write the script and powerful symbolism to start, followed by reformers, snake handlers, healers and shakers, and finally satellites and megachurches where morons can give each other coronavirus. See, the end is near for some of them anyways.

Unseen
    Participant

Unseen
    Participant

WTF happened to The History Channel?

Why are the ancient alien experts always WHITE?

Ancient nonwhite civilizations were so dumb that their accomplishments can only be due to alien intervention.

It seems white civilization’s accomplishments (Plato, Aristotle, Copernicus, Newton) never the result of alien intervention.

Why do aliens hate white people?

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by  Unseen.

“I am  fearful when I see people substituting fear for reason” – Klaatu in 1951

Now repeat after me – Klaatu barada nikto.  Remember those words if you met Gort.

It seems white civilization’s accomplishments (Plato, Aristotle, Copernicus, Newton) never the result of alien intervention.

Yes, but they didn’t live in a trailer park.

🙂

michael17
    Participant

Michael, will you think of us at all when you are lying on your deathbed and jesus is a no-show; same as the 50 generations before you? Yes, they too had their ‘signs and miracles’ that meant the end was upon them. Originally they were literally and triply promised that their savior would be back during their lifetimes. Didn’t happen…but the dictators of the day realized what a powerful tool they had. Big hats, robes, councils to write the script and powerful symbolism to start, followed by reformers, snake handlers, healers and shakers, and finally satellites and megachurches where morons can give each other coronavirus. See, the end is near for some of them anyways.

• I’m afraid that you have succumb to commentary that defy the obvious time markers of prophecy. Rebuilding of Gods Temple has always been the most significant events beyond the coming of Christ.  The Temple was prophesied to be destroyed twice and to be rebuilt twice. The second coming has always been after rebuilding of the Temple and after the second captivity. This is shown in Daniel, Ezekiel and Isaiah. I strongly advice you to desist your campaign of discrediting scripture without doing your homework and trusting a handful of commentaries or at least bounce it off of Reg first. He is very knowledgeable.
    • This reply was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by  michael17.

michael17
    Participant

The Pentagon in partnership with Robert Bigelow a billionaire entrepreneur did research there. The files are classified and cannot be obtain through FOIA. After years of Ridicule the US Govt. is publicly taking UFOs seriously.

Unseen
    Participant

The Pentagon in partnership with Robert Bigelow a billionaire entrepreneur did research there. The files are classified and cannot be obtain through FOIA. After years of Ridicule the US Govt. is publicly taking UFOs seriously.

michael17
    Participant

@unseen

Sorry Robert Bigelow was owner of the Ranch from 1996 to 2016. I know you’re punning but jokes based in reality are also funny.

Unseen
    Participant

@michael17

That the files are classified means only that they might reveal military secrets useful to our enemies. It does NOT mean that they confirm anything at all about UFO’s.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 118 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.