The case made for Christ

Homepage Forums Theism The case made for Christ

This topic contains 117 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  michael17 2 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 118 total)
  • Author

michael17
    Participant

Michael when you encounter something that you cannot explain you claim it is supernatural. Why not say “we don’t yet know”? Your are engaging in magical thinking. Science is deaf, dumb and blind when it comes to the supernatural. Yes. Absolutely correct. This is because there is nothing supernatural. Again this is magical thinking, a legacy of our species past that was mired in ignorance and kept that way for centuries because anyone who suggested differently was endangering their own life because Christians were likely to kill or imprison them. There is nothing supernatural to be investigated, only unknown natural phenomena awaiting explanation. But why are Christians even concerned that Science has not yet provided an answer. When Science has not yet answered it they claim their God is behind it. When Science improves our understanding of a phenomenon they then claim their God is even more amazing to have created it thus. So why do they bother looking for an answer when it is always their “God-did-it” anyway. For most of our species existence we trembled at the power of the gods when thunder and lightening were seen as signs that they were angry with us. Faraday explained lightening and then people stopped being afraid only to turn around and claim their God was still orchestrating it. There is no supernatural investigative Science team in an reputable University. It is not needed. Just like Liberty University no longer has a Philosophy Department. Who needs to develop critical thinking skills when they already profess to have a personal relationship with the Creator of the Universe.

Of course every thing has an explanation. Even spirits would require life imbued to non-baryonic matter with out electron orbital shells so that it could pass through matter. Supernatural simply means what the compound word implies. Even as we speak scientist are trying to bring dark matter more into the natural realm by detecting it with sensors deep in the earth. Meanwhile there are also scientist trying to bring aerial events into the natural realm:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v427uBTNs7s&feature=share

Of course every thing has an explanation….

I think you mean “Every thing has a potential explanation” if it remains currently unexplained. That would be my viewpoint. Science will increase our understanding of the unexplained over time until a consensus derived theory is attained. Then it becomes explained.

But the theist is compelled to offer their God as the explanation. “God only knows”. Magical Thinking puts God in the square one of any journey of discovery if you are a theist. It has to do this.

It is the unrelenting advances of  Science that has removed Chemistry, Cosmology, Physics, Biology, even Morality from the religious realm. Our knowledge has advanced by Free Thinking and not by Faith. 400 years ago god was the answer to almost everything. Now god is of no value as an answer to anything that would advance us further. What new discoveries has any religion brought to the world recently that Science has not provided a better answer for?

Are these scientists using natural materials to detect supernatural entities?

michael17
    Participant

Of course every thing has an explanation…. I think you mean “Every thing has a potential explanation” if it remains currently unexplained. That would be my viewpoint. Science will increase our understanding of the unexplained over time until a consensus derived theory is attained. Then it becomes explained. But the theist is compelled to offer their God as the explanation. “God only knows”. Magical Thinking puts God in the square one of any journey of discovery if you are a theist. It has to do this. It is the unrelenting advances of Science that has removed Chemistry, Cosmology, Physics, Biology, even Morality from the religious realm. Our knowledge has advanced by Free Thinking and not by Faith. 400 years ago god was the answer to almost everything. Now god is of no value as an answer to anything that would advance us further. What new discoveries has any religion brought to the world recently that Science has not provided a better answer for? Are these scientists using natural materials to detect supernatural entities?

There is radiation, light and radio waves  and human illness associate with the phenomenon observed on Ranch, moreover there have been livestock mutilations and giant wolves observed at night. This is not rare. Giant wolves ,big foot and livestock mutilations have been observed elsewhere. Due to the nightmarish observation by credible witness I would side with intelligent non-baryonic entities having a good time with humanity toward ill ends.

Unseen
    Participant

I checked out the Skinwalker Ranch video. The History channel used to be about history, but when it ran out of history (there’s only so much of it, after all), they got into covering tinfoil beanie material. UFO’s, haunted houses, the chupacabra and bigfoot, and woo along that line.

Don’t be a sucker. If you believe what you see and hear on pseudodocumentaries, you’re no more critical than Trump, who recently advised treating Covid 19 by imbibing disinfectants.

michael17
    Participant

I checked out the Skinwalker Ranch video. The History channel used to be about history, but when it ran out of history (there’s only so much of it, after all), they got into covering tinfoil beanie material. UFO’s, haunted houses, the chupacabra and bigfoot, and woo along that line. Don’t be a sucker. If you believe what you see and hear on pseudodocumentaries, you’re no more critical than Trump, who recently advised treating Covid 19 by imbibing disinfectants.

This is not a pseudo documentary. There are 24 hour  cam surveillance of the phenomena as is it is happening all over the Ranch, the Mesa gets periodically illuminate while ufos appear in the sky. There are credible scientist on the staff. They are using science to investigate the phenomenon. You are predispose to assume it’s impossible because it challenges your paradigm.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by  michael17.

Unseen
    Participant

This is not a pseudo documentary. There are 24 hour  cam surveillance of the phenomena as is it is happening all over the Ranch, the Mesa gets periodically illuminate while ufos appear in the sky. There are credible scientist on the staff. They are using science to investigate the phenomenon. You are predispose to assume it’s impossible because it challenges your paradigm.\

I think pretty clearly that is how the SHOW (are you forgetting it’s entertainment?) presents it to you and gullible you is simply taking it at face value, like the naive girl who here’s the horny man say, “Just give me your body tonight and I will love you forever.”

That is how cons work, Michael. Every long con (which is what this appears to be) works because there are people ready and even eager to suspend their ability to simply say to themselves “Really?”

michael17
    Participant

@unseen

I respect your critical thinking. Let’s let the professional debunkers chime in like Csicop.org. The wiki updates usually reference critical thinkers also. I implore you to scour the internet for any signs of  perpetration of fraud, deception or collusion. Just be mindful that the U.S. govt., funded researched at the ranch for years and the files have not been released.

_Robert_
    Participant

I respect your critical thinking. Let’s let the professional debunkers chime in like Csicop.org. The wiki updates usually reference critical thinkers also. I implore you to scour the internet for any signs of perpetration of fraud, deception or collusion. Just be mindful that the U.S. govt., funded researched at the ranch for years and the files have not been released.

OK, that took about 5 seconds. In 2017, the name “Skinwalker Ranch” was filed for trademark through Justia Trademarks.

https://trademarks.justia.com/873/36/skinwalker-87336178.html

Goods and Services
    Providing recreation facilities; Entertainment services, namely, creation, development, production, and distribution of multimedia content, internet content, motion pictures, and television shows.

I would work on my cognitive skills if I could not tell the difference between that which is obvious nonsense/ entertainment and that which is actually scientific. You could be messing with us, but since you are a theist of sorts…..

michael17
    Participant

I respect your critical thinking. Let’s let the professional debunkers chime in like Csicop.org. The wiki updates usually reference critical thinkers also. I implore you to scour the internet for any signs of perpetration of fraud, deception or collusion. Just be mindful that the U.S. govt., funded researched at the ranch for years and the files have not been released.

OK, that took about 5 seconds. In 2017, the name “Skinwalker Ranch” was filed for trademark through Justia Trademarks. https://trademarks.justia.com/873/36/skinwalker-87336178.html

Goods and Services Providing recreation facilities; Entertainment services, namely, creation, development, production, and distribution of multimedia content, internet content, motion pictures, and television shows.

I would work on my cognitive skills if I could not tell the difference between that which is obvious nonsense/ entertainment and that which is actually scientific. You could be messing with us, but since you are a theist of sorts….. is it

Certainly a license to make money on the enterprise and to capitalize on it. They do the same at the Curse of Oak Island, yet the discoveries and research is real. Such a trademark is not the smoking gun for fraud and deception.

_Robert_
    Participant

Certainly a license to make money on the enterprise and to capitalize on it. They do the same at the Curse of Oak Island, yet the discoveries and research is real. Such a trademark is not the smoking gun for fraud and deception.

Curse of Oak Island? LOL. Pirate Curses are for six year old children. That’s the age when they pump you up with jesus and Santa before you develop healthy skepticism. Children must rely on and believe their parents as a survival mechanism. Then there comes a time to grow up and kick in a healthy BS filter. That ability is probably a bell curve. On the right will be the non believers. On the left will be adults who are on the constant lookout for sasquatch, god bless their little souls, LOL.

michael17
    Participant

Curse of Oak Island? LOL. Pirate Curses are for six year old children. That’s the age when they pump you up with jesus and Santa before you develop healthy skepticism. Children must rely on and believe their parents as a survival mechanism. Then there comes a time to grow up and kick in a healthy BS filter. That ability is probably a bell curve. On the right will be the non believers. On the left will be adults who are on the constant lookout for sasquatch, god bless their little souls, LOL.

The show is about finding the treasure buried there. There is evidence that the Templars where involved. And there is evidence found to back the claim. The most recent dig found structures 210’ down dating back to the 18th century. It’s nothing about or proving a curse.

_Robert_
    Participant

There is evidence that the Templars where involved…

Simon Paynton
    Participant

There is a Knights Templar cellar complex near where I live.  At least, that’s what everyone says, but in reality, its origin is unknown.

Michael – Did the Christian God create aliens or are they evolved? I wish they would hover over Ireland for a few nights. It’s not fair you always get them. If they are not aliens in the UFO’s but actually members a deep state agency they might be able to find Jason Bourne.

michael17
    Participant

Michael – Did they Christian God created aliens or are they evolved? I wish they would hover over Ireland for a few nights. If they are not aliens but actually a deep state agency they might be able to find Jason Bourne

LOL, theses aliens or fallen angels were definitely created. Evolution would not imbue them with faster than light speed. “Wandering stars for whom is reserved the darkness of night forever”  I’m surprise that the Irish press did not capitalize on the triangular ufo flap in Europe in recent times.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by  michael17.
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 118 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.