The case made for Christ

Homepage Forums Theism The case made for Christ

This topic contains 117 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  michael17 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 118 total)
  • Author

_Robert_
    Participant

@robert. You are not contending with a myth nor legend, but a living God. but your unbelief will spare you while there is life.

A living god as opposed to what? All the dead ones in some imaginary god graveyard?

In the silence of the evenings each day this week I shall pick a god or chief prophet from the major religions and sincerely ask to be shown the light since I am agnostic. I will have a completely open mind and any true god should know how to inform me of their glory, power and existence.

You are not contending with a myth nor legend, but a living God. but your unbelief will spare you while there is life.

@michael – What do Hindus  say when you tell them this? Us atheists not believing in your God is one thing but over 1 billion Hindus believing in several “false” gods is much worse, is is not? Why are Christians not telling them with this? Why are Evangelicals so per-occupied with “unbelievers” and not with those who have put other gods before yours? Do you try to convince Jews or Muslims that they are mistaken?

michael17
    Participant
      <li class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>Reg the Fronkey Farmer wrote:

You are not contending with a myth nor legend, but a living God. but your unbelief will spare you while there is life. @michael – What do Hindus say when you tell them this? Us atheists not believing in your God is one thing but over 1 billion Hindus believing in several “false” gods is much worse, is is not? Why are Christians not telling them with this? Why are Evangelicals so per-occupied with “unbelievers” and not with those who have put other gods before yours? Do you try to convince Jews or Muslims that they are mistaken?

Some of the nicest persons that I have known in my life are Hindu and Buddhist. And I have   Muslim co-workers who are perfect role models.  I travel to Chess tournaments with a Buddhist Monk that revers the Judeo/Christian  golden rules. I’ve only been writing under the cover of unanimity. I plan to publish a book one day. I will welcome your input on traditional Christianity. I was in Jerusalem and I attended a meeting on polemics hosts by Jews. Their stand point is that the gentles are under the Noahaic Covenant.  I went through the prophecies of the Old Testament   that spoke of Christ. They said that my bible was translated erroneously and that I should read the Tanakh Bible.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 10 months ago by  michael17.

Davis

A pretty good rundown of how dismal the bible was at prophesying the future here.

_Robert_
    Participant

A pretty good rundown of how dismal the bible was at prophesying the future here.

Dismal is right but I do like saying “Nebuchadnezzar”. Nebuchadnezzar , Nebuchadnezzar, Nebuchadnezzar.

michael17
    Participant
    1. A pretty good rundown of how dismal the bible was at prophesying the future here.

Here is the rebuttal

michael17
    Participant

Last nights episode of  the secret of Skinwalker ranch, using ground penetrating surveillance equipment has detected what would best be describe as a buried UFO, a thousand feet long and shaped like a football. I don’t know if it is physical or metaphysical ( spiritual , disappears upon excavation or simple invisible) but it will be interesting to find out. There are suppose to be angels cast out of heaven and imprisoned in Tartarus (the earth) in chains of darkness.

_Robert_
    Participant

I’m guessing it is a spiritual UFO that will disappear upon ‘excavation’, LOL. Just pathetic really.

michael17
    Participant

I’m guessing it is a spiritual UFO that will disappear upon ‘excavation’, LOL. Just pathetic really.

watch it dude, forgo the arm waving. 🙂

_Robert_
    Participant

If I ever make a serious statement about a spiritual disappearing UFO, just shoot me please. 😉

michael17
    Participant

@robert. You are not contending with a myth nor legend, but a living God. but your unbelief will spare you while there is life.

A living god as opposed to what? All the dead ones in some imaginary god graveyard? In the silence of the evenings each day this week I shall pick a god or chief prophet from the major religions and sincerely ask to be shown the light since I am agnostic. I will have a completely open mind and any true god should know how to inform me of their glory, power and existence.

LOL 🙂

michael17
    Participant

If I ever make a serious statement about a spiritual disappearing UFO, just shoot me please. 😉

LOL 🙂

_Robert_
    Participant

A living god as opposed to what? All the dead ones in some imaginary god graveyard? In the silence of the evenings each day this week I shall pick a god or chief prophet from the major religions and sincerely ask to be shown the light since I am agnostic. I will have a completely open mind and any true god should know how to inform me of their glory, power and existence.

Last night I sincerely asked the great prophet Muhammad to enter my heart and fill me with the truth. I found some inspirational passages to read from the Koran – words that came directly from God through the great prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him. I prayed towards Mecca that He would know how to convert me to the one true and final religion Islam. I begged him for enlightenment for hours and hours.

I am sorry to report that nothing happened and my heart is still empty and longing for the truth. Tonight I will ask Jesus, our Lord and Saviour to fulfill me with joy and save me! I will welcome Him with open mind and heart. I am looking forward to earning my salvation and I am truly sorry for my unbelief and hope to be shown the light and the way. Please pray for me if you are a Christian, or if you are an atheist please wish me luck for tonight.

michael17
    Participant

@robert, You sound sincere. I will certainly pray. You will receive blessings in your health , life and protection from Covid-19. Testing Psalm 91 is a sure proof of his existence to the faithful.

Davis

Are you serious Michael? You read that shit and you stand by it? This is some of the worst biblical appologetics I’ve read. If you dry up the tributaries of a river the river won’t flow. He then very deceptively goes from “dry up the streams” to “some of the streams”. Which was a total fabrication by the guy. That is pure intellectual dishonesty. The five cities didn’t speak Canaan, a small community of Jews spoke Hebrew. The Micah clearly refers to a TRIBE.

I’m not going over the rest here because this website isn’t a forum for biblical dissection and the moderators would put a stop to it anyways. But that is honestly one of the worst websites of apologetic intellectual dishonesty I’ve ever read.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 118 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.