War in Europe. It has begun.

Homepage Forums Politics War in Europe. It has begun.

This topic contains 135 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  TheEncogitationer 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 136 total)
  • Author

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Reg,

I thought back on your Irish joke about 2 million Russian POWs and I laughed when I saw this story yesterday 😁😆😅🤣😂:

Man arrested after truck driven into gates of Russian embassy
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/man-arrested-after-truck-driven-into-gates-of-russian-embassy-1.4820560

On a more somber note, violating diplomatic space is a violation of the Vienna Convention on diplomacy and is universally considered an “act of war.”

‘Course, Russia has long used “diplomatic immunity” under the Vienna Convention to send spies against the West and assassins against dissenters abroad, as weĺl as is engaged in war right now in Ukraine, so, to paraphrase The Bard: “the Babushka doth protest too much, methinks.” 😁

@Encogitationer – You thought we were joking?? We have now decided to create a safety zone for their embassy staff to come and go. 🙂

I was texting a guy back and forth in Kyiv on Sunday night and at one point he did not reply for a few minutes. Then I got an apology – “Sorry the last bomb was very close so I moved”.

They are not happy with us since a TV reporter called their ambassador “an apologist for slaughter”.

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Reg,

Encogitationer – You thought we were joking?? We have now decided to create a safety zone for their embassy staff to come and go. 🙂

Aye, but that still doesn’t solve the POW problem. Ireland would have to build underground facilities for 2 million Russian POWs! Sure’n b’gorrah, that would eat into the potato supply something serious, M’Laddy! 🍀🥔😁

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Reg,

I was texting a guy back and forth in Kyiv on Sunday night and at one point he did not reply for a few minutes. Then I got an apology – “Sorry the last bomb was very close so I moved”.

They are not happy with us since a TV reporter called their ambassador “an apologist for slaughter”.

Were you texting a Russian Russian, a Russian Ukrainian, or a Ukrainian Ukrainian?

Unseen
    Participant

Reg,

I was texting a guy back and forth in Kyiv on Sunday night and at one point he did not reply for a few minutes. Then I got an apology – “Sorry the last bomb was very close so I moved”. They are not happy with us since a TV reporter called their ambassador “an apologist for slaughter”.

Were you texting a Russian Russian, a Russian Ukrainian, or a Ukrainian Ukrainian?

I was having trouble making sense of that as well.

_Robert_
    Participant

Russian military always seems to have big logistics problems….kinda lines up with rigid thinking. Ukrainians are blowing bridges, hitting fuel /supply trucks, fucking up road signs, sending fake radio messages, using drones, mines…..I think they still might strike hard from way out the sticks after the cities fall. Real trouble to hold a large country like that.

If it wasn’t for all the Nukes; NATO would annihilate the Russian military.

Unseen
    Participant

Russian military always seems to have big logistics problems….kinda lines up with rigid thinking. Ukrainians are blowing bridges, hitting fuel /supply trucks, fucking up road signs, sending fake radio messages, using drones, mines…..I think they still might strike hard from way out the sticks after the cities fall. Real trouble to hold a large country like that. If it wasn’t for all the Nukes; NATO would annihilate the Russian military.

They send their forces into the country single file, a line I think has become something like 40 miles long. What could go wrong?!!! LOL

Sadly, though, this situation will likely force Russia to rely more on air warfare. Stinger missiles can down helicopters and low-flying jets but I’m sure bombers are out of range.

It was a Ukrainian I was texting. I verified the number with the info I got from AirBnB when I booked a few nights there for this week. It came up as a number by the Dnieper river that flows through Kyiv and he replied in Ukrainian not Russian. Anyway, there is no Russian army in Kyiv because Putin has told us that they are not at war in Ukraine so the cruise missiles would just be the local Neo-Nazis letting off fireworks.

It takes a brave man to be a coward in the Red Army. Joseph Stalin.

They send their forces into the country single file, a line I think has become something like 40 miles long. What could go wrong?!!! LOL

What if America painted Chinese flags on their F-22 and then bombed the shit out of Russia. And then we say, China did it, we didn’t do it, China did it, and then they start fighting with each other and we sit back and watch. I think it is a genius plan, the most genius plan ever.

Autumn
    Participant

What if America painted Chinese flags on their F-22 and then bombed the shit out of Russia. And then we say, China did it, we didn’t do it, China did it, and then they start fighting with each other and we sit back and watch. I think it is a genius plan, the most genius plan ever.

With the way their internal communication has been, one could probably paint Russian flags on the planes and tell the front half of the convoy that the rear half of the convoy has been ordered to ‘liberate’ them now that they’ve gotten too close to the influence of Ukrainian tyranny and propaganda.

I’m sure Trump got his idea from his war room discussions with Sean Hannity who has been talking about his clever plan all week.

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Fellow Unbelievers,

To have the guidance of the supposedly Omniscient, Infallable Word Of God, The Christian Right sure can’t get their shit straight about Vladimir Putin:

Can the Christian Right Quit Putin?
    BY MOLLY OLMSTEAD
    MARCH 08, 20224:32 PM
    https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2022/03/christian-conservatives-vladimir-putin-ukraine-invasion.html

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Reg,

It was a Ukrainian I was texting. I verified the number with the info I got from AirBnB when I booked a few nights there for this week. It came up as a number by the Dnieper river that flows through Kyiv and he replied in Ukrainian not Russian.

I’m still confused. Why would a Ukrainian be unhappy with one of your reporters calling an Ambassador “an apologist for slaughter?” Was the Ambassador Russian or Ukrainian?

Maybe I’m missing something.

Anyway,there is no Russian army in Kyiv because Putin has told us that they are not at war in Ukraine so the cruise missiles would just be the local Neo-Nazis letting off fireworks.

This is something gets me about this whole Ukrainian mess. Putin claims he’s invading Ukraine to “De-Nazify” the area of elements who are supposedly discriminating against and persecuting ethnic Russians. Some pro-Putin media outlets claim that Ukraine’s president Volodolmyr Zelenskyy actually collaborated with and supported the Neo-Nazi Azov Battalions.

Yet Ukrainian President Volodolmyr Zelenskyy is Jewish and lost family members to The Holocaust, as well as had relatives who served under the incompetance, brutality, and Anti-Semitism of Stalin’s Red Army.

Also, some of Ukraine’s bravest fighters against Putin’s invasion have been the very ethnic Russians for whom Putin claims to be speaking and acting.

Also, for every Neo-Nazi group that may exist in Ukraine, there are probably at least half a dozen more Antisemitic grouos in Putin’s Russia, some of whom serve in Russia’s Duma.

Antisemitism in Russia–Wikipedia
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antisemitism_in_Russia

As the movie title might put it: It’s A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, Vlad World.

It takes a brave man to be a coward in the Red Army. Joseph Stalin.</i>

Indeed. Stalin always had men in the back of formations who would shoot-to-kill any man who dared to retreat. Putin most likely continues this barbaric practice today in Ukraine.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by  TheEncogitationer. Reason: Spelling and addendum of word
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 136 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.