NEWS NEWS NEWS!! And Current Events, Favorite News and Investigative News Sources

Heavily Biased News Orgs

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  PopeBeanie 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

PopeBeanie

The Epoch Times

(I bought a subscription a couple months ago just to see how the enemy operates. Yes, this news org IS an enemy of the people!)

I’ve seen Epoch Times ads on YouTube. Here’s a short article about them:

The biggest spender on pro-Trump Facebook ads (besides his campaign) “straddles the line between an ultraconservative news outlet and a conspiracy warehouse”

Ivy
    Participant

All news orgs these days are heavily slanted. I don’t think we could be any more divided!

Sarah to join Faux News….

Ivy
    Participant

She really is a good liar. It takes a certain finesse to smooth over Trump’s bullshit. She will be paid handsomely for her efforts. Girl power. Woot! Making money from scraping the scum off the ceiling and turning it into something palatable. Only a very smart person could make shit look that good.

But like I said – Karma is a bitch

and I’m pretty sure She broke the law too….

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 3 days ago by  Ivy.

_Robert_
    Participant

Then there is Fakebook…where so many still get their daily “news”.

PopeBeanie

All news orgs these days are heavily slanted.

Not really. I intend to suggest some that don’t twist and spin nearly as badly as Epoch Times, and I expect we will be able to suggest a few relatively trustworthy news orgs.

Girl power. Woot!

It took someone like Trump to hire someone like her. But back to the topic, in the case (for example) of this WaPo video, I know they’re biased too, but no where near as biased and unscrupulous as the orgs that helped propel him into office.

PopeBeanie

Then there is Fakebook…where so many still get their daily “news”.

I quit facebook (albeit because of “friends” spreading bad news and karma), mainstream news, and talk radio long ago. I’m about to post an article about how social media’s business model in general (but especially fb) helps make bad news go viral and then fester.

I don’t think there’s any hope in hell to mitigate bad news and ugly biases, unless consumers start to care more about finding and sharing decent news sources. (I feel a bit guilty now about stoking this ugly news topic/fire because it doesn’t really help solve much.)

PopeBeanie

As for Epoch Times, I forgot I was in a trial period until today when they bumped up the cost to about $20/month for one paper a week. They seem flush with money and their regular subscribers seem happy to pay.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.