Are these the “birth pains” increasing with intensity?

Homepage Forums Theism Are these the “birth pains” increasing with intensity?

This topic contains 107 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  _Robert_ 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 108 total)
  • Author

michael17
    Participant

Are these the “birth pains” increasing with intensity? “Famines, earthquakes and pestilence in diverse places”? Is the earth like a woman in travail about to give birth?
    Historically the number and severity of earthquakes on population centers is increasing with time in addition to the occurrence of pandemics and shall continue  to increase. Every paradigm is being shaken at its foundation including the two seats of apostasy, Rome and Constantinople (Istanbul) as every place of worship is being tried and it’s falsehood revealed.

• This topic was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  michael17.

_Robert_
    Participant

We prophesized you would show up.

jakelafort
    Participant

Michael you stuck the cheese in front of my nose. Once again i am reacting. I hope you are a troll. That is way better than a delusional obsessed loony bird. It is really disturbing to contemplate a guy with a high IQ (if you are being honest) who trots out such tripe. This business of prophesy seems to be your raison d’etre.

There is no reason to respect or give credibility to any prophesy/prediction that is blurry, metaphorical, indefinite, in need of interpretation…etc. Once again i recommend the Amazing Randi. He debunks junk thinking. And that is a generous characterization for your thoughts in re prophesy. All of us can use our imagination to spin events in a way that is consistent with an ambiguous prophesy.

michael17
    Participant

Michael you stuck the cheese in front of my nose. Once again i am reacting. I hope you are a troll. That is way better than a delusional obsessed loony bird. It is really disturbing to contemplate a guy with a high IQ (if you are being honest) who trots out such tripe. This business of prophesy seems to be your raison d’etre. There is no reason to respect or give credibility to any prophesy/prediction that is blurry, metaphorical, indefinite, in need of interpretation…etc. Once again i recommend the Amazing Randi. He debunks junk thinking. And that is a generous characterization for your thoughts in re prophesy. All of us can use our imagination to spin events in a way that is consistent with an ambiguous prophesy.

In this case the prophecies are directly interpreted by history as  it unfolds. No codes needed to avoid parochial persecution. You do not need a high IQ to pick up an almanac and read to see that Christs words are unerring and immutable. We are not following cunningly devises fables. After all he is the Word of God. The same Word that has testified through all the prophets starting with “Enoch, the seventh from Adam, prophesied about them: “See, the Lord is coming with thousands upon thousands of his holy ones to judge everyone, and to convict all of them of all the ungodly acts they have committed in their ungodliness, and of all the defiant words ungodly sinners have spoken against him.“”

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by  michael17.

jakelafort
    Participant

Michael, how in God’s fairy tale can you hope to know Christ’s words. There are no contemporaneous accounts. There is great dispute among those who care whether there even existed a Christ. The various versions of the bible have come and gone. WE don’t know or have the original worthless account of Christ’s words. You say Christ’s words are immutable and unerring. Words having been uttered are immutable. That is true whether the words were uttered by Christ or the waffle house manager. You say his words are unerring. But The meaning of his words are contradictory therefore his greater message like his prophesies are subject to interpretation.

Famines, earthquakes and pestilences in diverse places for people who saw famines, earthquakes and pestilences and saw those as the repercussions of an angry wrathful god is no prediction at all. It is simply a false premise and a reasonable extrapolation. Now If a prophecy indicated Pompei, 79 A.D and how many would be killed and how many frozen in time you would have a verifiable prediction and a prediction that had been fulfilled.

You would also have to concede that God or Christ is a wicked prick as an architect because the suffering and misery of helpless victims without free will is by design. A determined future is not in the interest of those sympathetic to milk and toast sentiments.

michael17
    Participant

Michael, how in God’s fairy tale can you hope to know Christ’s words. There are no contemporaneous accounts. There is great dispute among those who care whether there even existed a Christ. The various versions of the bible have come and gone. WE don’t know or have the original worthless account of Christ’s words. You say Christ’s words are immutable and unerring. Words having been uttered are immutable. That is true whether the words were uttered by Christ or the waffle house manager. You say his words are unerring. But The meaning of his words are contradictory therefore his greater message like his prophesies are subject to interpretation. Famines, earthquakes and pestilences in diverse places for people who saw famines, earthquakes and pestilences and saw those as the repercussions of an angry wrathful god is no prediction at all. It is simply a false premise and a reasonable extrapolation. Now If a prophecy indicated Pompei, 79 A.D and how many would be killed and how many frozen in time you would have a verifiable prediction and a prediction that had been fulfilled. You would also have to concede that God or Christ is a wicked prick as an architect because the suffering and misery of helpless victims without free will is by design. A determined future is not in the interest of those sympathetic to milk and toast sentiments.

i advise you to invest in a Hebrew/Aramaic and Greek interlinear bible which translated word for word from the oldest source with no dispute, transliteration nor doctrinal persuasion. This indeed was my difficulty forty years ago. You can not get more accurate than the book of Daniel that tells you the precise number of years from the order to rebuild and restore Jerusalem  by the Persian king Artaxerxes and Christ. Moreover it predicted that Rome would destroy the temple and later it will be rebuilt. After 2 thousand years plans are now in process to rebuild the temple. Miraculously red heifers are being breed for sacrifice and the original cornerstone has been found and the Sanhedrin is unofficially restored in addition to the Levitical priesthood. And the 800 pound gorilla in the background, the nation Israel exists for all of this to happen. But once again a defacto Roman protectorate under the auspices of the US.

Michael – I was wondering if you post your questions on theist sites where members believe in the existence of the same god as you and who also consider the Bible to be a history book? There are members here who know nothing about your god or your beliefs.

It is like asking people who have never heard of Bram Stoker or any vampire fables if they believed that Jesus was real because Dracula was afraid of a crucifix.

If you do so post to theists sites can you let us know what they say? It seems strange that you would want our opinion when none of us believe it and many of us have no idea about the background to your questions. I would have thought some esoteric Christian site might be a better place to ask. I suppose at least you won’t be getting too much “confirmation bias” here though.

michael17
    Participant

Michael – I was wondering if you post your questions on theist sites where members believe in the existence of the same god as you and who also consider the Bible to be a history book? There are members here who know nothing about your god or your beliefs. It is like asking people who have never heard of Bram Stoker or any vampire fables if they believed that Jesus was real because Dracula was afraid of a crucifix. If you do so post to theists sites can you let us know what they say. It seems strange that you would want our opinion when none of us believe it and many of us have no idea about the background to your questions. I would have though some esoteric Christian site might be a better place to ask. I suppose at least you won’t be getting too much “confirmation bias” here though.

It may be presumptuous of me to assume posting to the forum “Theism”,  I will encounter former Christians.

Davis
    Participant

Michael. I don’t mind your posts so much. You sincerely believe the things you say and you aren’t here to provoke us, troll us or be snarky per your religion. That’s a very good thing. The problem is…it’s hard to know how to respond to many of your posts. Some of them are phrased in what can only be called “crazy guy language”, like a mixture of a conspiracy theorist and an apocalyptic evangelist. Try to see it from our perspective with an example. Imagine you’re in a forum and someone comes along and says:

The red deers are about to be unleashed and we are such foolish humans for our cavalier additudes. Every verse in the book of Omens has come to fruition and it is only a matter of time until the second prophecy delivers our final morality.

I mean…how Michael….would you respond to that? There is missing context, unfalsifiable statements, vague statements at that, and a dozen other questions to boot, which likely assumes a given faith in a particular world view to take any of this seriously. Do you pose all those questions like “what are you talking about”? “Where is your proof about the deer (whatever that is)? “By what means could I possibly demonstrate you are wrong”? What prophecy? Who said it? Why should we believe it? Have other prophecies been realised? How vague is the prophecy? Is it the kind of generic prophecy that is bound to be realised at some time in the future? Etc.

The other problem is, when you post a comment, you answer some of the follow up questions but then you sort of fizzle out. Like its all been forgotten. Then there is a long pause of a month or more. And then a new post. Follow up questions and then fizzled out (questions don’t get answered). It would be nice Michael if you could follow through with the follow up to your claims. It would be a very interesting conversation. Cause at least a few of us here would like to figure out what is behind some of the claims that you make.

Strega

A woman giving birth?  What kind of analogy is this?  Does she know who the father is?  Does she have a support structure?  Who is she giving birth to?  Are you just looking for an analogy for a painful process which has to happen?
    Sounds to me like you’ve no idea about the variables of the birth process. Seriously, Michael, stick to what you know.  Maybe use a man who has awful constipation, with a boulder in his bum, trying to take a shit.
    Or maybe abandon analogies altogether. This one isn’t working for you.

michael17
    Participant

@davis

Thanks for the advice and the unbiased assessment  of my delivery. Moving forward I will take heed to your advice. And thanks for vouching for my intent.

michael17
    Participant

A woman giving birth? What kind of analogy is this? Does she know who the father is? Does she have a support structure? Who is she giving birth to? Are you just looking for an analogy for a painful process which has to happen? Sounds to me like you’ve no idea about the variables of the birth process. Seriously, Michael, stick to what you know. Maybe use a man who has awful constipation, with a boulder in his bum, trying to take a shit. Or maybe abandon analogies altogether. This one isn’t working for you.

LOL, that was actually in the text and not my analogy. But thanks for the advice.  This certainly highlights Reg’s comment.

It may be presumptuous of me to assume posting to the forum “Theism”, I will encounter former Christians.

Michael – I was in no way implying you should not post here….just in case you may have read that into it. We have been replying to each other for 10 years. But why not Christian sites instead of atheist sites. Do you want to encounter former Christians?

Analogies are one thing but similes…what are they like?

Strega

Reg, don’t make me glare.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 108 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.