Is the US officially a fascist country yet?

Homepage Forums Politics Is the US officially a fascist country yet?

This topic contains 195 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Unseen 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 196 total)
  • Author

Ivy
    Participant

The GOP has what’s coming to them that’s all I have to say… All of these years of coddling Trump’s feelings and sticking up for his illegal bullshit. They are about to see the monster they created. To people like Mitch McConnell and Lindsey Graham… Too little too late. Just like your lousy stimulus check. They’re about to see the Civil War that everybody’s been talking about. The blood is on their hands for putting a psychopath in the White House and allowing him to stay there way longer than he ever should have.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  Ivy.

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Unseen,

While I don’t hold out much hope for either Trump or Biden enforcing justice impartially, people stuck in the middle between Left and Right street thug gangs may just get sick of it all and start fighting back against both.

Diners trying to eat in peace might respond to calls to raise a fist by raising that fist upside some SJWs glass jaw.  And that’s just one possibility…Restaurants are filled with blunt-y, pointy, cutty, stab-by, 5-digit Sheffield Thermal Unit-y, scald-y, burn-y things.

Those faced with protesters at a sport’s game might not “take a knee” …unless it’s taking a knee and planting it in some screaming Skrillex clone’s tiny retracted gonads.

Motorists surrounded with a flash-mob trying to flip over their vehicles may not stop for red lights…or even Hipster balaclavas tangled up on the rear-view mirror with the Hipster still attached.

A pizzaria owner faced with Q-Anoners screaming “Where We Go One, We Go All” might pull a 12 Gauge sawed-off with small pellet shells and really make them go…one and all.

This time, a doxxed couple may not telegraph their moves and meet would-be looters and murderers on the front porch with guns…

The armed couple may wait behind the curtain of a window or from up on the rooftop (*Click! Click! Click!*) and turn the looters’ and murderers’ Molotovs into flaming skeet right in the looters’ and murderers’ very hands.

People can end this right now, civilly and peacefully or not…it is each individual’s choice.

They might not stop their vehicle when the light turns red if street flasb-mobs surround them wanting to flip the vehicle over

_Robert_
    Participant

The real tragedy is that over 100 elected federal lawmakers were still determined to toss out the court vindicated, locally certified results of the election. Protesters may have illegally looted a Banana Republic for some pants, however these “leaders” want to turn the nation into one.

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Robert,

It’s rottenness all around and all the way down.  The ends don’t justify the means, from the bottom up or from the top down.

Lawmakers do not have to hold up election results to foil Biden.  Let the election result chips fall where they may, then fight Biden at every turn on any social engineering scheme he proposes.

Also, kick back and watch his faculties atrophy and crumble the rest of the way to the drool-dripping stage.  Just keep him away from heavy machinery and the nuclear football, divert Kamala with some phallic shiny-thingy, and we can stabilize our free-fall.

jakelafort
    Participant

Encogitationer,

You’ve hit on a key concept in SOCIAL ENGINEERING. The law is/ought to be/must be blind. Expurgate our statutes of any hint of social engineering. That lady of justice has a blindfold on. No trick laws!

There is a natural order we must preserve. The cream has always risen to the top. One can not make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear. Trick laws are favorites of the mamby pamby bleeding heart liberals. In the USA all are on an equal footing and given a chance to excel.

Davis

There is no doubt in my mind one of the essential tools to solving this serious problem is to regulate the shit out of social media.

jakelafort
    Participant

No doubt Davis.

The historical mind viruses are on steroids in social media. And when we contemplate how new social media is and how the business model utilizes algorithms to group the birds of a feather it is a scary prospect to allow the speech to be uncensored.

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Davis,

If someone, whether onesy-twosy or a mob, is out to get me, I want them telegraphing their moves in every platform they get their hands on, so I can have a chance to “go grey” or “go ghost” and be somewhere they are not.

I’m not so stupid as to swim in the fishbowls of Mark “Napoleon Dynamite” Zuckerberg and  Jack “Rasputin” Dorsey.

And if they still find me, they still have to get me, and the moment they focus on striking is when they are most vulnerable.  Again, telegraphing their moves opens them up to defeat, so let them make that mistake.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  TheEncogitationer. Reason: I'll never tell

jakelafort
    Participant

Encogitationer, that is ridiculous but i will see if Davis wants to respond before i jump into the brackish waters of Enco-think.

Davis

Enconginator you do not understand how social media works. It is not a free for all like the media. It is highly compartmentalised through algorithms designed to keep people on as long as possible and interacting as much as possible. This often involves steering people towards stupid shit they never would have cared about before. It involves focusing on sensationalist, emotive crap which creates self-reinforcing bubbles of cognitive dissonance. It helps proliferate issues that were never issues before. In other words before social media…anti-vax was a stupid bullshit fringe movement with a few crazies. Now it is a full fledged extremely serious problem where totally sane and reasonable people are afraid of something that poses no risk to them endangering (nay murdering) their children for example. In some countries its gone from 98% vaccination rates to 66%. For a country with a centralised health care system this is lunacy and completely unacceptable to allow the profit making of facebook to trump the extreme economic strain it puts on a country’s healthcare. Facebook can be damned. Shit like this has to be strongly regulated and EU countries are in the process of doing this as any sensible government would. Legislation does not have to tell social media what to allow, it has to regulate the algorithms to not allow, as Jake puts, stupid pointless toxic brain viruses to proliferate in an out of control fashion. Vax denial is just ONE SINGLE example of other serious problems. Social media is a fucking monstrous cancer that needs to be highly regulated. Again, not necessarily the content but their method of operation (putting profits over the serious toxic problems that content creates).

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  Davis.

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Davis,

If I recall correctly, the present iteration of the Anti-Vaxxer Movement started with an article by Dr. Andrew Wakefield connecting Measles-Mumps-Ruebella (MMR) vaccines with autism.

That article was published in 1998 by The Lancet, the medical journal of Great Britian’s highly-centralized, Socialized medical system that all the Left-Wingers love to dote about without end.

Clearly, dangerous hive-minds that don’t question anything can exist without social media, since this article obviously passed peer review and was published before social media even existed.

Perhaps dangerous hive-minds can also develop when everybody is on the same government payroll and no one wants to “rock the boat” by questioning an article in a prestigious medical journal read and admired by all the government Doctors.

The Wikipedia article on this scandal also has it that Dr. Andrew Wakefield was paid two years before the article was published by trial lawyers.  These lawyers wanted to make money off of suing manufacturers of the MMR vaccine that Dr. Wakefield subsequently claimed caused autism.

Lancet MMR Autism Fraud–Wikipedia https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lancet_MMR_autism_fraud

Again, this has nothing to do with then-non-existant social media and everything to do with Junkyard Dog, Officers-of-the-Court Lawyers wanting to grift off of highly dubious claims on MMR vaccine.  Should we “highly regulate the shit out of” Junkyard Dog Lawyers too?

And once this article was published, Playboy Bunny Jenny McCarthy got on Tbe Oprah Winfrey Show before millions of Oprah’s flock of ewe-sheep claiming the MMR vaccine gsve her child autism.

Again, a Left-Wing-friendly dog-and-pony show put this crock of shit about vaccines out long before social media.  Should we “regulate the shit out of” Oprah Winfrey and such like sensationalist television programs?

Also, many black Americans were made skeptical about Doctors and Medicine in general and vaccines in particular by the Tuskeegee Syphillis Experiment.  This was where black sharecroppers infected with syphillis were promised free health care by The U.S. Department of Public Health and the Center for Disease Control while being secretly given placebos and observed for effects of Syphillis over the course of 40 years from 1932 to 1972.

Tuskeegee Syphilis Study–Wikipedia https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuskegee_Syphilis_Study

Truly, why anyone believes in Single-Payer Socialized Medicine after this ghastly, horrifying “experiment” is a mystery.  But, again the years 1932-1972 were long before social media was even conceived of, let alone invented, so you cannot blame social media for Anti-Vaxxer sentiment here

You guys just think nothing can go wrong when some people are given absolute control over people’s information and communication.  You think you’ll be the last one the allegator gets.  That is simply not borne out by bistory.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  TheEncogitationer. Reason: Punctuation. Social media didn't make me do that
    • This reply was modified 3 months ago by  TheEncogitationer. Reason: Grammar. Social media is no place to learn grammar

Davis

The antivax movement was very very small potatoes before social media helped proliferate it. In other words the genesis of the conspiracy (true well before social media) is not remotely as important as what proliferated this disinformation (unambiguously social media and youtibe). Anti-vax disinformation dissemination on facebook (and via other channels like youtube) wasn’t done in the name of free discourse or “sharing information” but these platforms making a profit at the expense of a brain virus putting people’s lives in danger leading to people pointlessly dying. It was monstrously unethical to allow these viewing suggestions or posts to be pushed into people’s feeds just to keep them clicking. It was unambigiously evil under any ethical system. Your country should regulate social media just like every other form of media is regulated to some extent. If your country doesn’t do it…then I feel sorry for you and it is shitty because your country’s brain viruses affect other countries too. I had basically never ever ever ever heard of a single person in Spain uncomfortable with vaccines until 2008 and now 20% of the country is afraid of them. When I grew up vaccines were as normal and non-contentious as could be. Even while anti-vax ideas stirred people laughed at it and only a small number of idiots spread it. Social media put it into hyperdrive. Get a clue engoginator. Fuck the more vile elements of social media. Regulate the shit out of it.

And by the way, your slippery slope re: once you let the government have influence over the media then things will go to crap is tired shit. The government has been regulating the media for decades and have put limits on free speech since forever. Your anything goes at any cost is a recipe for social disaster and destructive forces exponentially worse than any potential “government censoring out of control”. Your distrust of government should be as equally tempered by serious distrust of profit making corporations who will stoop to any level no matter the human cost to make a little more money. BOTH MUST be kept in check…the government and private interests. Anti-vax is not a left wing or right wing problem, it is a brain virus proliferated by social media problem. Zheesh.

Simon Paynton
    Participant

Great Britian’s highly-centralized, Socialized medical system that all the Left-Wingers love to dote about without end.

I don’t understand what ‘s so terrible about free health care.  Do you enjoy having greedy vultures feeding off your life?  That’s what the US health care system looks like to us.

_Robert_
    Participant

Your distrust of government should be as equally tempered by serious distrust of profit making corporations who will stoop to any level no matter the human cost to make a little more money.

There is the huge problem for the “hands off” crowd. IMHO. I will never forget the day my employer was shut down…for dumping deadly toxins in a waterway right behind my house. Nothing as deadly as a corporate middle manager, awash in personal debt, trying to look good while sweating-out an economic downtown, LOL. As an engineer dealing with public safety it was a constant fight and unfortunately the big motivation to do the right thing was a federal agency. Ah hell, I can relate to the libertarians I have met over the years….all white guys paying a shit-load of alimony and cursing the fed is good therapy for them.

Unseen
    Participant

Great Britian’s highly-centralized, Socialized medical system that all the Left-Wingers love to dote about without end.

I don’t understand what ‘s so terrible about free health care. Do you enjoy having greedy vultures feeding off your life? That’s what the US health care system looks like to us.

I agree. Socialized medicine is bad, we are told, because all the good doctors will leave the country to where they can make more money (where is this mecca for business- and profit-oriented doctors? they don’t say). We are also assured that there will be “death panels” of doctors deciding who lives and who dies. Well, that always happens with scarce resources. Who gets the donated kidney? It’s given to the patient who will likely get the most use out of it. The donated liver…one candidate is a 17 year old honor student and the other is a 58 year old alcoholic. Ironically, the pandemic is so bad in Los Angeles that EMT’s in the field are triaging, instructed to leave subjects with poor survival prospects to die.

And those who fear socialized medicine don’t want to talk about the fact that a large number of people don’t have and can’t afford to buy insurance, much less pay their bills.

Unpaid bills having to be absorbed by the system plus the profits kept by insurers, drug manufacturers, and other middlemen are a HUGE reason why American healthcare is so costly.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 196 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.