Is the US officially a fascist country yet?

Homepage Forums Politics Is the US officially a fascist country yet?

This topic contains 195 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Unseen 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 196 total)
  • Author

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Robert,

Yes, it is Ring Out The Old Hell and Ring In The Fresh Hell!

Judging solely from the Inauguration Ceremony, the next 4 years will be like the “churchin’ up” scene from _The Blues Brothers:_

James Brown The Old Landmark “Can You See The Light”–The Blues Brothers

Of course, with the “churchin’ up” comes the inevitable Inquisition:

The Spanish Inquisition–Mel Brooks

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Jake,

Well, intransigence beats “transigence” to a awful place.  And incorrigible beats having the “corrigibility” of cardboard and tin.

“In-” is In for agents who do their own acting instead of getting acted upon.

jakelafort
    Participant

Babble, babble…babbles the rabble…disparate thoughts acted on reveal socialized medicine and trick laws are a con.

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Unseen,

First of all, MSNBC obviously is concerned about having more income than out-go, since my ad-blocker kicked in when I clicked the link.

Second, the fact that some Nobel-Prize winning Economics professors aren’t concerned about debt doesn’t make that indifference valid.  Fallacious Appeal to Authority.

Notice at the bottom of the story, one recommends that the Fed should not aim for a lower inflation rate.  This translates to printing more money to cover the debt, which creates inflation.

Let me remind you that inflation is the most regressive policy of all, because it makes currency worth less purchasing power, which both makes the rich into the poor and the poor into the even poorer.  Inflation is like Galacticus, The Destroyer of Worlds in the realm of Economics.

Autumn
    Participant

Even if they had private medicine there would still be ads for Canadians to go to American hospitals to try some treatments because a smaller country couldn’t possibly offer them all.

We’d also have Americans coming up here for treatment. We already do despite the very limited private care options here. It’s extremely difficult to see that number going down with increased privatization. Americans already shop for care abroad in South and Central America, Southeast Asia and other parts of the world, often due to cost. Why wouldn’t they come to Canada if they could? Heck, even Rand Paul did.

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Unseen and Kristina,

Were Government not a gatekeeper of medicine and treatment, any nation could have both quality care and less expense with no need to travel abroad.

On this note, why is it–in the middle of a deadly pandemic that has killed multiple times the number of Americans killed in the Vietnam War– that the U.S. Government and State Governments acting as gatekeeper for the COVID-19 vaccine???:

We Could Be Vaccinating Twice As Fast.  The Government Won’t Allow It.

I have known some Americans to come to Ireland for Orthodontic treatment. It is not inexpensive here but it is certainly much more affordable for (say) dental implants. There are of course many people from Europe that go to the US for cutting edge medical technologies only available there.

jakelafort
    Participant

And i have read how Arabic leaders go to hated Israel for medical needs. All of the aforementioned speaks to the paramount role of health care in the lives of both rich and poor. It is the one area we ought not allow profit motive to compromise our greatest need.

Unseen
    Participant

We Could Be Vaccinating Twice As Fast.  The Government Won’t Allow It.

I do know Trump left us with big problems as far as getting vaccine in people’s arms. Maybe it should have been turned over to the military or FEMA from the start except that, I forgot, it was a hoax or it would just go away after a while. However, that probably would have violated conservatives’ love affair with Federalism.

Unseen
    Participant

This article might help us understand how the pro-Trumpers see the world.

From the article:

Connor is in his 60s, works a white-collar day job and spends his time off helping to coordinate the demonstrations at the intersection and trying to increase membership in the county’s Republican group. He also turned his back on the mainstream media. When I asked him why he had showed up at the intersection every Saturday for the last five months, he told me, “I’m a Trump supporter. I’m not going to give up. I do believe [the Democrats] cheated like hell, and I don’t know how people can’t see that. But when somebody hates someone, it overtakes them. And that’s what happened here. The news media hates him and then a lot of people just go along with the program.”

Connor’s loyalty to Trump was central to how he processed information. He told me that anything that was critical of Trump was the same as being biased against Trump. For example, Connor’s main source of news for most of his life had been the Wall Street Journal. But when the publication began publishing articles critical of Trump during his campaign in 2015, Connor unsubscribed and moved to other news sources that he felt were fairer to Trump. Now, Connor gets most of his news from OAN (a far-right pro-Trump cable channel known for promoting conspiracy theories) and Epoch Times.

Connor believes that Trump is an antidote to the radical left, which he says increasingly dominates the mainstream media and the nation’s universities. “A lot of what we have is an educational system that has told people, ‘You’re white and you come from this background and these other people didn’t have that opportunity so we should give up something and we should feel guilty,’” he told me. “Then students think, ‘Maybe you’re right, you’re the college professor and my parents are sending me to go to school here.’ The communication is manipulative. And that’s how we have all these bleeding hearts who want to guilt white people, take their money, and give it to Black people. Now you have a generation of lazy, in debt, college graduates who work at Starbucks but still have a $1,000 iPhone and want Bernie Sanders to forgive all their debt.”  

_Robert_
    Participant

For now I will assume most who took the Trump pill will recover at some point this year. If not, oh snap, life is to short to suffer these sorts of fools. It certainly was not possible for him to talk above anybody and that’s what they crave.

jakelafort
    Participant

Robert, we are looking strongly at that. You are very rude. Throw him out of here. Get him out of here!

_Robert_
    Participant

Robert, we are looking strongly at that. You are very rude. Throw him out of here. Get him out of here!

LOL

PopeBeanie

Pope, how are your kids engaged in evading the extinction?

My younger daughter’s just finishing a PhD in sustainable agriculture, with an international flavor to it at Tokyo University. While busy earning degrees at universities, she created ediblesci.com and is building it with relationships to like-minded people and businesses.

The older daughter’s largely responsible for moving UCLA’s transportation department’s buses from fossil fuel to electric, after graduating there with a degree in Earth and Environmental studies. After that she’s worked in non-profits for some years now, centered on scientific climate change awareness ( grouded.org where she was a founding member and executive director), Los Angeles Cleantech Incubator (LACI) to facilitate industries to become more sustainable-friendly and regenerative-friendly (i.e. as in toward becoming carbon neutral and energy efficient). She’s currently working in the sustainability department at for-profit SoCalGas. (I’m sure she’ll work there for as long as she can make a difference, i.e. for as long as the company keeps wanting to improve on their sustainability mission. I’m assuming the state of California is currently promoting that.)

Both daughters are highly science oriented, which I think I can take some credit for. 🙂 They also care a lot about people, the world, and neither are the least bit cynical, in spite of all of humanity’s flaws. Well, rarely cynical, anyway. Not a mean or vindictive bone in their bodies, in spite of how a large part of the current establishment would berate them, and I’m thinking of King Trollump and his Cult 45 who’s goal seems to have been to destroy most long term investment in public health, science, and other investment not directly intended to boost the nation’s quarterly business profits or incumbent two-party political power base. (That’s my cynicism for today.)

jakelafort
    Participant

Pope, that is very impressive. Totally cool.

By chance is either a vegan or vegetarian? I assume they’re atheists.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 196 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.