The case made for Christ

Homepage Forums Theism The case made for Christ

This topic contains 117 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  michael17 5 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 118 total)
  • Author

Davis
    Participant

The buried UFO actually contains all the missing pages of the bible that help us make any logical sense of it.

michael17
    Participant
      <li style=”list-style-type: none;”>
      <li class=”d4p-bbp-quote-title”>

Davis wrote:The buried UFO actually contains all the missing pages of the bible that help us make any logical sense of it.

Well the treasure hunters on Oak Island speculated that the original works of Shakespeare may be buried there, to late for me now because I didn’t receive an A in eighth grade English and the original manuscript could have help!…Not

• This reply was modified 5 months, 3 weeks ago by  michael17.

michael17
    Participant

@davis

i’ll read both in their entirety and get back to you. I will weigh them like mene mene tekel upharsin.

_Robert_
    Participant

Well I put on some pleasing music, lit a candle, and asked Jesus to reveal himself. After a while and nothing happened I wondered if I needed to atone for my sins first. I have called Christians and other theists fools and I am truly sorry for that. Again I prayed and again, nothing. Perhaps the Son of Man is busy with this virus. I was going to try again today. It is the National Prayer Day. He must be super busy. Perhaps eternity is not for me. Have I done something wrong? I a not a fat man by any sense of the word. Why are the keys to Heaven so hard to obtain? Maybe I need to go directly to YHWH and ask for revelation. He can be kind of scary; do I need a middleman or something?

Prayer is a petition to god made by those who are not happy with his plan and beseech him to change it.  It may not be answered on NP Day as the contention ratio soars.  There are thousands of intermediaries that can intercede on your behalf if you are not capable of praying properly yourself.  Apparently they have a direct line so contention is never an issue but you do need to pay them cash. I also think you need to squeeze your eyelids tightly shut from what I have seen from pictures of people doing it with telepathy. Even though they say their god is everywhere I think you also need to raise your head skywards but I would need to fact check that with a theologian.

I prefer to whistle my way to Hell.

Davis
    Participant

I keep saying all you have to do is create a billion online virtual youz and then set them to say a million prayers every day to God. I mean…he seems to ignore most people’s prayers all the time but with 15 figures of prayers coming in every day…he ought to notice that one right?

michael17
    Participant

Well I put on some pleasing music, lit a candle, and asked Jesus to reveal himself. After a while and nothing happened I wondered if I needed to atone for my sins first. I have called Christians and other theists fools and I am truly sorry for that. Again I prayed and again, nothing. Perhaps the Son of Man is busy with this virus. I was going to try again today. It is the National Prayer Day. He must be super busy. Perhaps eternity is not for me. Have I done something wrong? I a not a fat man by any sense of the word. Why are the keys to Heaven so hard to obtain? Maybe I need to go directly to YHWH and ask for revelation. He can be kind of scary; do I need a middleman or something?

You only need patience. Keep reading Psalm 91 and ordering your life before him.

You say “You only need patience. Keep reading Psalm 91”.

I hear “You only need to indoctrinate yourself”.

michael17
    Participant

@Reg funny video🙂

That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us…    -Hebrews 6:18

Every man that has this hope is protected from Covid-19 by the immutability of his counsel.

_Robert_
    Participant

Psalm 91 sounds like it applies directly to this plague.

He will cover you with his feathers,
    and under his wings you will find refuge;
    his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
    You will not fear the terror of night,
    nor the arrow that flies by day,
    nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
    nor the plague that destroys at midday.
    A thousand may fall at your side,
    ten thousand at your right hand,
    but it will not come near you.
    You will only observe with your eyes
    and see the punishment of the wicked.

Am I to understand that the 1.25M plus that are infected and the 75,000K dead (so far in the US alone) are wicked? Since Jesus does not ever speak to me- I think I may know why. Revelations says that only 144,000 will be saved and are selected from the twelve tribes of Israel just before the “Great Tribulation” commences. Since there is no way I am holier than the holiest 144,000 I had better seek salvation in the 3rd most accepted religion, Hinduism.

The trinity of God Brahma , Vishnu , Mahesh represents 3 steps in our life : Generation , Operation ( Sustenance) and Destruction. I had better get busy; I know so little of these Gods. I wonder if the God of Abraham may just be a wicked force leading people away from Hinduism? Better to be reincarnated than to be outside of the 144 thousand club. In any event I better get to studying so that I may make my appeal.

michael17
    Participant

Psalm 91 sounds like it applies directly to this plague.

He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. 5 You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, 6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday. 7 A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you. 8 You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked.

Am I to understand that the 1.25M plus that are infected and the 75,000K dead (so far in the US alone) are wicked? Since Jesus does not ever speak to me- I think I may know why. Revelations says that only 144,000 will be saved and are selected from the twelve tribes of Israel just before the “Great Tribulation” commences. Since there is no way I am holier than the holiest 144,000 I had better seek salvation in the 3rd most accepted religion, Hinduism. The trinity of God Brahma , Vishnu , Mahesh represents 3 steps in our life : Generation , Operation ( Sustenance) and Destruction. I had better get busy; I know so little of these Gods. I wonder if the God of Abraham may just be a wicked force leading people away from Hinduism? Better to be reincarnated than to be outside of the 144 thousand club. In any event I better get to studying so that I may make my appeal.

Ah, you are forgetting about the great crowd of which no man could number. And keep those Asiatic trinities far from you. There is no trinity in scripture. It’s a Nicene invention approved by Emperor Constantine of all people championed by an Asiatic Bishop.

michael17
    Participant

@robert,

Don’t assume that everyone protected and blessed by God has a direct conversation with him. Job was blessed and became the richest person in the East, before God spoke directly to him. God speaking directly
    to a person is a rarity until you are born of his spirit, i.e, receive a tongue of fire with which you can rebuke the earth with the sword of your mouth. The two witnesses to come will bring down more plagues upon tbe earth because it has drunk of the fury of the spiritual fornication of the harlot Rome- Constantinople with its deity Mary ( Ishtar/ Astarte)

Be satisfied with protection from Covid-19 for now, if you have this hope.

The Bible and the Universe are not writ by the same hand.

Jody Lee
    Participant

Prayer is a petition to god made by those who are not happy with his plan and beseech him to change it. It may not be answered on NP Day as the contention ratio soars. There are thousands of intermediaries that can intercede on your behalf if you are not capable of praying properly yourself. Apparently they have a direct line so contention is never an issue but you do need to pay them cash. I also think you need to squeeze your eyelids tightly shut from what I have seen from pictures of people doing it with telepathy. Even though they say their god is everywhere I think you also need to raise your head skywards but I would need to fact check that with a theologian. I prefer to whistle my way to Hell.

Reg…🤣. You are hilarious.

_Robert_
    Participant

Well Brahma ,Vishnu, and Mahesh did not appear or answer my appeals.

I found that on first reading, the writings of Hinduism can be beautiful and make a lot of sense. Refreshing compared to Christianity. On the other hand I felt very disconnected from the cultural aspects of Hinduism…almost silly really. I thought perhaps Jesus would appear and warn me away from Hinduism but that didn’t happen either.

This looking for the true god(s) business is exhausting. Now I remember why I gave it up. I am just not the worshiping type. I can’t interpret every little event or coincidence as a theological signal. I will try again in five years or so. My conscience is clear. Rationality reigns. If I should die while I sleep there will be no praying for my soul to keep.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 118 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.