The Universe Is Not Math; It’s Energy

Homepage Forums Science The Universe Is Not Math; It’s Energy

This topic contains 50 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  _Robert_ 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)
  • Author

tom sarbeck
    Participant

Ok, mathematics provides people with mental stimulation and/or economic security. It did so for Eric Temple Bell, who about 65 years ago authored a four-volume set on the subject and titled it, Mathematics: Queen and Servant of Science.

As much as standard model cosmologists want to keep mathematics on a throne, it’s they who took her from it and made her a servant of cosmology. Had they studied thermodynamics, they would know the universe is energy. Unlike math, energy does not require humankind. In eons of time, energy and a few chemicals engaged in activities that resulted in humankind.

And as Edwin Hubble said in his second “If….” statement, they did it in a universe unlimited in space and time.

tom sarbeck
    Participant

“If the red shifts are a Doppler shift . . . the observations as they stand lead to the anomaly of a closed universe, curiously small and dense, and, it may be added, suspiciously young.

“On the other hand, if red shifts are not Doppler effects, these anomalies disappear and the region observed appears as a small, homogeneous, but insignificant portion of a universe extended indefinitely in both space and time.“
    <p style=”text-align: right;”>—Edwin Hubble, in the 1937 Royal Astronomical Society Monthly Notices:</p>

Davis
    Participant

Ehhhh Tom. Energy is just a concept.

Simon Paynton
    Participant

You could say, the universe is one big process, or set of processes.

tom sarbeck
    Participant

Ehhhh Davis. Energy is just a concept until a lightning bolt strikes you.

Davis
    Participant

Ehhhh Davis. Energy is just a concept until a lightning bolt strikes you.

Ehhhhh. I can’t understand why you atheists want energy to be real? Would that somehow give you a reason not to strike down all the people you long to murder?

Unseen
    Participant

Ehhhh Tom. Energy is just a concept.

According to Einstein, energy is mass and mass is energy. They are simply one thing in two different forms, much as space and time are not really two different things.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  PopeBeanie. Reason: bq fix

But Dr. Bob…as I said before…energy is not a concept. The concept of energy is a concept..:-)

Davis
    Participant

Re: Unseen,

So energy is a double concept. Energy AND matter only exist in our minds, TWO concepts, and it all depends on what centuries of appointed energy commentators have written on it (liberally borrowing better philosophers material)

Re:Reg:

I see where you are going with this but the concept of a concept is also a concept so you might as well just give up now. Because Im not going to stop repeating this.

Also…I didn’t read anything you both wrote and I will return with more solid sciency proof after I visit the Catholic christian science jamboree. Stay tuned.

jakelafort
    Participant

So Davis how do you distinguish something real (exists whether we conceive of it or are unaware) from something that is not real?

Kant has had a few mentions recently. It was he who said “existence is not a predicate” when he spoke of logical and material possibilities. The concept of god is logical possible but that does not imply god exists.

Davis
    Participant

So Davis how do you distinguish something real (exists whether we conceive of it or are unaware) from something that is not real?

Well you know, I read what a lot of commentators say. Theologists have spent centuries thinking about all of this and writing down down facts and powerful arguments based on our slightly ancient old book of wisdomness, mixed with a bit of science that we eventually grudgingly accepted, but most importantly its informed by the incredible success of these ideas and theology in transforming society and humanity for the better…to put it shortly…that’s how you tell the difference Jake. Does that sufficiently evade your question? Is there anything else I can avoid answering today?

Davis
    Participant

Kant has had a few mentions recently. It was he who said “existence is not a predicate” when he spoke of logical and material possibilities. The concept of god is logical possible but that does not imply god exists.

And that’s why one day humanity will smarten up and burn his books…in a fire far more ferocious than the one Kant has been sunbathing in for the last few centuries and likely a whole lot more centuries to come!!!

I burned some energy thinking about the concept of that fire.

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by  PopeBeanie.
    • This reply was modified 2 months ago by  PopeBeanie. Reason: JEEBUS, sorry... I accidentally edited instead of responded. DUH

Davis
    Participant

I burned some energy thinking about the concept of that fire.

Good. You know, it’s not like I take pleasure from the fact that secularist philosophers are being roasted in the eternal underground torture chamber. But how else could God express his love for his own commandments and undeniable truth? Okay maybe I get a little smug satisfaction from it…but honestly…how else could God manage all of this pandemonium he inherited from the last God who was in charge. How I ask you. HOW????

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.