Sunday School

Sunday School 30th January 2022

This topic contains 92 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  TheEncogitationer 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 93 total)
  • Author

jakelafort
    Participant

I support meat eating and hunting. Were it up to me all hunters would be cordoned off in the wild and kill each other until one was left standing. They would eat each other during the contest. Spices would be permitted cuz not all humans are gonna taste all that great when they’ve lived on booze, butts meat and processed food.

As for the meat only gourmands i would publish the health records on an annual basis. Lets see how they fare in colorectal cancer, heart disease and the garden of earthly delights.

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Fellow Unbelievers,

Here is some of the biggest gibberish I’ve ever heard from Jordan Peterson, far exceeding anything he’s ever said about Transgendered people because it is, as he would say, “fundamental”:

Soooo…The Code of Hammurabi, The Epic of Gilgamesh, Three previous Flood epics, The Iliad, The Odyessy, the works of Plato, Socrates, and Aristotle, and The Vedas–all of which preceeded the writing of either The Torah or The New Testiment–are all just chopped liver? Even when The Code of Hammurabi and the Flood Epics all provided source material for The Holy Bible?? What???
    🤪

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  TheEncogitationer. Reason: Misspelled Hammurabi
    • This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  TheEncogitationer. Reason: Wrong conjunction

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Jake,

Says the guy who dopes horses to race for the sake of an endorphin rush and a dabbing of cash if the race isn’t rigged?

Look I’m I’m for everything within reason. Our teeth can chew both meat and vegetation and our digestion can handle both too.

Also, Jason Silva observed in the NatGeo mini-series Origins that protein allowed for the expansion of the human brain and skull over time, which required assistance with childbirth and brought the human species together. Ccoking the meat over fire brought human even closer and helped create culture, which included far better stories than “The World’s Most Dangerous Game 2.0.”

By the bye, Origins is a fantastic mini-series on human firsts in technology and it’s logical outcomes and implications…and Jason Silva is a great cheerleader for our species and whatever we become.

jakelafort
    Participant

Enco, dope in the context of horse racing as i have used it is handicapping. Horses are sometimes doped which means illegal substances are given as performance enhancers. Doping is a colloquialism for handicapping or analyzing the past performances of horse races. Very few horse races are rigged. Most American horse races, however have horses racing who have been doped. As a handicapper it is typically fairly simple to assess the dopers from the nopers and that knowledge is incorporated into handicapping. And yes i get a rush but it is my livelihood. It has been for about twelve years and it requires at least as much analysis as i once gave to the practice of law. Unfortunately for my sorry ass it is becoming increasingly difficult to maintain my profession because artificial intelligence is being used to analyze races by big money interests and to make wagers and exploit overlays in a way ordinary players can not. I am a top handicapper against other humans but i aint nuthin but fodder for algorithms. Muthafuckas!

Meat that is derived of livestock is directly responsible for a great deal more illness and early death than would otherwise occur with more moderate intake, or wild game. Just as significant for my purposes is the unnecessary cruelty to animals-animals who are on a par with the pets we cherish and love . I am so looking forward to lab grown meat. I will eat it in moderation. I gave up meat not because of health but because i could not stand myself any longer being a passive supporter of untold cruelty.

There is some question now about how frequent and how significant the intake of animal protein was with our early forbears. They’re coming out for the next race at Tampa Downs so i will leave in abeyance and with failed conveyance…

_Robert_
    Participant

Fellow Unbelievers, Here is some of the biggest gibberish I’ve ever heard from Jordan Peterson, far exceeding anything he’s ever said about Transgendered people because it is, as he would say, “fundamental”: <iframe title=”Jordan Peterson’s Realization About the Bible” src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/Vt9K6kmpx44?feature=oembed” width=”670″ height=”377″ frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe> Soooo…The Code of Hammurabi, The Epic of Gilgamesh, Three previous Flood epics, The Iliad, The Odyessy, the works of Plato, Socrates, and Aristotle, and The Vedas–all of which preceeded the writing of either The Torah or The New Testiment–are all just chopped liver? Even when The Code of Hammurabi and the Flood Epics all provided source material for The Holy Bible?? What??? 🤪

The 30,000 cuneiform tablets organized according to subject matter in the Library of Ashurbanipal from 4000 years ago don’t count because they are pages on a spline? What a tool.

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Robert,

I just hope that the AI created by Jim Keller, Jordan Peterson’s Brother-In-Law, is way smarter than Jordan Peterson and could point out just how little sense Jordan made there.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by  TheEncogitationer. Reason: Misplaced modifier

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Jake,

Even if doping isn’t what I think it is, horse racing and a pro-“animal rights” position in the same mind is some major cognitive dissonance.

And hunting is many levels above horse racing in terms of humaneness to animals and utility. The ideal bag-and-tag is a clean shot and take-down with no struggle.

And as tribes on our Continent knew well, every part of the animal could be used, not just for food and hides, but tools, needles, and jewelry from bones, sacks from stomachs and scrota, and fertilizer from entrails. Nothing went to waste in the wilds and on the prairie.

And speaking of conservation, many wildlife preserves and conservancies are maintained by hunter’s license fees, so it is more beneficial than many realize.

Autumn
    Participant

“The meaning of words is coded in the relationship of words to one another.”

“The postmodernists make that case that all meaning is derived from the relationship between words.”

“That’s wrong because, well, what about rage? That’s not words. What about moving your hands? That’s not words.

Ugh.

That said, he seems to be going off on what—for him—seems to be a nascent idea. And in part, I think there is something of value there in that there is bound to be a sort of genetic pattern to language and ideas. But if we followed the actually genetic drift, we might find that the books of the bible have an ancestral link to contemporary language and thought, but that many of its genes were selected against, not for, and some that have held on to this day are largely vestigial.

For instance, here in Canada the Charter of Rights and Freedoms recognizes the “supremacy of God” in the preamble. In practical terms, the “God” is vestigial. I doubt most Canadians even know that’s in there. It could be swapped for a rutabaga and nothing would happen. This is similar to the constitutional role of the Queen. But the idea that our constitutional documents need to rest their authority on some higher order entity is likely derived in part from centuries of Christian ‘logic’ coupled with quirks of human psychology that probably predate the Old Testament substantially.

jakelafort
    Participant

Enco,

What are you smoking? Try reefer. It isn’t madness.

It is you who does not give a rat’s ass for added human suffering that is a necessary consequence of libertarianism. What do you want to do…regulate horse racing? Ban it?

Your implied conclusion that abuse of animals is abuse of animals irrespective of its nature and degree is the kind of black and white thinking that I’ve come to expect in your assertions. Tens of billions of livestock are raised and slaughtered each year and many of the animals have horrific lives before they’re executed. It is strangely fitting that so many who have no regard for their suffering end up suffering as a result of their consumption of the untermensch of animals.

The kind of hunting i detest is the fat bastard who does it for sport and proudly displays his kills. The Teddy Roosevelts of the world sicken me. Subsistence hunting by natives and people living off of the land is more justifiable.

Thoroughbreds have been bred to run and run and give their all. It seems to me they thrive to go Simon on ya when they run. The high class horses are treated far better than many humans. Were it up to me i would clean racing of illegal drugs which sometimes contribute to serious injury and death.

Now onto the next race…

Strega

Jake, I think what you’re referring to is “Trophy hunting” and it’s a disgrace – but that’s what it’s called.

jakelafort
    Participant

Yeah, Strega, trophy hunting aka fat bastard hunting is the nadir in an activity that sickens me…says that guy that fished and fished and fished and fished until he stopped fishing. Fortunately i was not a particularly adept angler.

I get the sentiment in wanting to be in the forest and making a spiritual connection all doped up as sprites glitter alluringly in the early morning dew. But for fuck’s sake leave Bambi alone! I don’t know if it just me but i have had the way-cool experience of being approached by deer as i hiked. Never once did it occur to me that it would be a good idea to blow its brains out. I left reluctantly cuz i did not want to habituate the deer to humans cuz some fat bastard trophy hunter would feel differently.

I live close to some of the biggest thoroughbred horse trainers in Ireland. You should see how well treated the horses of Sheikh Mohammed are.   The same is true elsewhere around the world.

As for trophy hunting dentists? I wonder is he is a Christian who thinks he has dominion over them because of his silly book?

jakelafort
    Participant

Wow, Reg, what a bucolic and idyllic setting. But ya know what…the Sheikh is a big time juicer!

Fishman Reveals $2 Million ‘Program’ With Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum’s Equine Hospital

That fat bastard hunter and his kills is pretty fucking sickening. Funny story about a dentist. A place i used to frequent for simulcast wagering had this dentist who was such a degenerate that he would fire huge amounts even though he had no clue how to dope horse races. He was often in a rage. He would tell me he bet any horse that had any name that suggested the devil because he was cursed. And some guy made a funny comment. “Imagine how it is the morning after the dentist blows his balls for two or three grand and you are in his chair about to get drilled!”

There is a movie script waiting to be written with that story. I am going to keep an eye on one of his horses tomorrow as she should come good soon.

I have often heard stories about poitĂ­n (Irish moonshine) being rubbed into the legs of greyhounds before the start of a race to make them run faster but I don’t get the “science” in doing that. A shaggy dog story perhaps!

Any future “horse tales” will involve a glass of 15 year old JWB. Can’t let the full truth ruin a good story.

jakelafort
    Participant

Reg, Walsh is a good trainer. Must be running at Fair Grounds or perhaps Gulfstream. You are right that there is a good screen play or perhaps novel that will be written.

Speaking of odd applications to make a runner run faster there is a trainer who has since been banned or retired who applied tabasco sauce to the genitals. He got the North American record for most consecutive wins-11 i believe. I aver the aforementioned as having a verisimilitude no matter the fantastical tale and painful images conjured.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 93 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.