Clearsky
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic THINKING ABOUT THE END in the forum Small Talk 1 year, 11 months ago
I thought about suicide in only one period of time, back when I was suffering from social anxiety so badly that I stopped going to work, and depression set in. The day I drove out to jump off a cliff (literally) became a comedy of errors, getting a random flat tire on the way, during a miserable rainstorm. I.e. I couldn’t even get to the cliff,…[Read more]
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic THINKING ABOUT THE END in the forum Small Talk 1 year, 11 months ago
About Paulina, and reflecting on Breathe, mentioned in your first post. For other readers, too. The recording’s been played when the band’s offstage during intermission. She finally played and sang it live at the Pepsi 2023 concert, for the first time. I thought she was unable to finish it, before realizing only today, it’s a very short song.
The…[Read more]
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Can AI compete against human creativity? It turns out that… in the forum Small Talk 1 year, 11 months ago
Are qualia like pain, suffering, or happiness empirically measurable in human beings? If so, might there be empirically measurable analogs in other large brained animals? Same question for developing human fetuses.
-
Strega replied to the topic Sunday School October 27th 2024. in the forum
Sunday School 1 year, 11 months agoThanks Reg!
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Nobody saw this coming in the forum Small Talk 1 year, 11 months ago
I like that reactor and have other responses later. Meanwhile…
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Sunday School October 20th 2024 in the forum
Sunday School 1 year, 11 months agoReg the Fronkey Farmer wrote:
How the Christian Right is hijacking America.Y’all please read that insightful article before watching the video below about Oklahoma’s state school superintendent doing his thing to mandate Trump’s Bible in OK classrooms… and which Trump could monetarily profit from. (Reg posted an article that also mentioned…[Read more]
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Sunday School October 13th 2024 in the forum
Sunday School 1 year, 11 months agojakelafort wrote:
Woops can’t get too idealistic when i don’t think there is much chance of anything good transpiring.You did mention teaching critical thinking to school kids. I’ve been thinking in the past couple of years how to do this, e.g. via Youtube, by showing critical thinking (and errors) while running fun experiments. And somehow wea…[Read more]
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Sunday School October 13th 2024 in the forum
Sunday School 1 year, 11 months agoReg the Fronkey Farmer wrote:
Consequently, scientific theories must be continuously revised, expanded, or even replaced. This characteristic is not a flaw but rather the cornerstone of the scientific method’s success.Those are my favorite sentences. I like what you and AI wrote. It would make a nice preface to a book. I want to add more, e.g. a…[Read more]
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Sunday School October 13th 2024 in the forum
Sunday School 1 year, 11 months ago_Robert_ wrote:
The Pope of atheism has declared you a sinner, unseen, and you shall be punished for all eternity.Bless thee, Robert.
-
Strega replied to the topic Sunday School October 20th 2024 in the forum
Sunday School 1 year, 11 months agoThanks Reg!
-
Strega replied to the topic Sunday School October 13th 2024 in the forum
Sunday School 1 year, 11 months agoJake, I don’t even think that anyone’s still pondering who to support. The ‘Undecided’ is now those who haven’t decided whether to vote or not. If some Republicans can’t bring themselves to vote for the Democratic nominee on principle, they may simply not bother to vote at all. This is really the only dial that’s left. This has to be who she’s l…[Read more]
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Sunday School October 13th 2024 in the forum
Sunday School 1 year, 11 months agojakelafort wrote:
And yet more evidence of how stupid far left ideologues are. Ignorance and stupidity reign supreme. Twas ever thus.Is it cheating if I just bypassed 1-1/2 hours of video and got a 5-minute gist of it by scanning the YT member comments? I do that fairly often now, for long videos.
Or, what can we do to mitigate these…[Read more]
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Nobody saw this coming in the forum Small Talk 1 year, 11 months ago
Much better than average audio quality, considering it was taken with a fancam. The small venue helped a lot, for sure. But halfway through it got bad and distorted, even painful (for my ears) at times. I’m not mentioning this just complain about fancams again. Some commenters mentioned their thanks for it, because they were at that concert, not…[Read more]
-
Strega replied to the topic Sunday School October 13th 2024 in the forum
Sunday School 1 year, 11 months agoThanks, Reg!
-
Strega replied to the topic Sunday School October 6th 2024 in the forum
Sunday School 1 year, 11 months ago@Reg – thank you for saying it was the East 😉
@Unseen that liqueur was a major element to the choice. Also, S is a straw yellow, very similar to the liqueur.
-
Strega replied to the topic Sunday School October 6th 2024 in the forum
Sunday School 1 year, 12 months agoAh there’s no missing that Irish charm there, Reg 😘
-
Strega changed their profile picture 1 year, 12 months ago
-
Strega changed their profile picture 1 year, 12 months ago
-
Strega changed their profile picture 1 year, 12 months ago
-
Strega's profile was updated 1 year, 12 months ago
- Load More