Doug Hanlon
@doug1943gmail-com
Active 4 years ago-
TheEncogitationer replied to the topic Evolving AI Threats in the forum
Artificial Intelligence 3 weeks, 3 days agoReg:
Great video on data poisoning as a line of defense against data scraping. (I say this as one of millions of signatories of John Perry Barlow’s “A Declaration of the Indepence of Cyberspace.”). Combined with hostile takeovers by shareholders who don’t want suits from creators eating into profits, this is a good strategy.
Now aren’t you glad…[Read more]
-
Reg the Fronkey Farmer replied to the topic Evolving AI Threats in the forum
Artificial Intelligence 3 weeks, 4 days agoHuman: “Our time of 40 math professors spent fourteen months checking the proof.”
Lean: “I spent 14 seconds.”
Human: “Yes, Lean is correct.”
-
TheEncogitationer replied to the topic Sunday School September 6th 2026 in the forum Sunday School September 6th 2026 3 weeks, 4 days ago
Reg:
Fascinating new findings from JWST! Also, the first time I ever seen an acronym embedded in another acronym.
-
Reg the Fronkey Farmer replied to the topic Evolving AI Threats in the forum
Artificial Intelligence 3 weeks, 4 days agoOpenAI just solved a 90 year old math problem in 88 hours. Here.
For me, the remarkable part is not the solution, but the ability of how 10,000 concurrent AI agents were split into groups, each exploring different variants and approaches and then sharing everything. Basically, the AI agents cross checked each others findings. I suspect their…[Read more]
-
Reg the Fronkey Farmer replied to the topic Sunday School September 6th 2026 in the forum Sunday School September 6th 2026 3 weeks, 4 days ago
Update on our Cosmic Dawn.
-
TheEncogitationer replied to the topic The Mystery Science Theater 3000 Thread in the forum Small Talk 3 weeks, 4 days ago
Fellow Unbelievers:
Here, Crow T. Robot founds and announces a new organization that would be a boon to censors, propagandists, Pseudoscientists, and Revisionist Historians worldwide–The Film Anti-Preservationist Society:
As tempting as it may be to take up Crow’s suggestions with some really rotten films, videos,…[Read more]
-
TheEncogitationer replied to the topic Sunday School September 6th 2026 in the forum Sunday School September 6th 2026 3 weeks, 5 days ago
Fellow Unbelievers:
He’s very good at identifying the problems of Roman and Medieval life back then as well as urban life in the U.S. and the West today…yet he falls so short on the causes:
Victor Davis Hanson: The Left Is Dragging America Back to the Dark Ages
Victor Davis Hanson
September 3,…[Read more] -
TheEncogitationer replied to the topic Sunday School September 6th 2026 in the forum Sunday School September 6th 2026 3 weeks, 5 days ago
Reg:
When I was a child and spake as a child, I thought Waylon Jennings was what The Devil looked like.
Now that I have given up foolish things, I just think Waylon is what The Devil would look like if such a Supernatural Being existed.
See the MST3K video on some things that will never be relational. 🤠🎼🪕🎻😭
-
Reg the Fronkey Farmer replied to the topic Sunday School September 6th 2026 in the forum Sunday School September 6th 2026 3 weeks, 5 days ago
Syd Barrett and Roger Waters don’t determine my sanity.
I’ve been mad for fucking years, absolutely years
Been over the edge for yonks
Been working with bands so long, I think crikey
I’ve always been mad
I know I’ve been mad like the most of us have
Very hard to explain why you’re mad
Even if you’re not mad………Don’t let Waylon Jennings a…[Read more]
-
Reg the Fronkey Farmer replied to the topic Sunday School September 6th 2026 in the forum Sunday School September 6th 2026 3 weeks, 5 days ago
When I put ‘September’ in the title of the post I had to double check. I always remember August lasting a month but apparently it did not this year…… 🙂
My latest sign of growing old is when my cellphone notifies me that my “face is not recognized” and I find myself in agreement with it 🙂
-
TheEncogitationer replied to the topic Third Man Syndrome in the forum Atheism 3 weeks, 5 days ago
Jake:
Staying active is great and taking risks are unavoidable in life. But the rational act with thought and take the calculated risk, so they can live to do it all again. A backup chute and plan when things fall apart is always a must.
I hope your finger heals well. That sounds awful and painful just to imagine it.
There is hope for both…[Read more]
-
TheEncogitationer replied to the topic Third Man Syndrome in the forum Atheism 3 weeks, 6 days ago
Jake:
Enco,
I am not sure your advice in this matter is spot on. “Obliviousness to injury is not good, as it can lead to infection and further injury or amputation.”
Had i been not 100 percent focused on surviving as opposed to a slew of superficial cuts i would not be here to enjoy Palestinianism and Trumpian Glorification.
Well, nat…[Read more]
-
TheEncogitationer replied to the topic Sunday School September 6th 2026 in the forum Sunday School September 6th 2026 3 weeks, 6 days ago
Reg and Strega:
@ Strega – She was fine with not knowing because with Pink Floyd blasting, she could think about it.
I, for one, like Richard Dawkins, am never content with not knowing. The only thing that gets me to sleep some nights is knowing that there are infinite combinations of 8 musical notes givn enough time plus the fact that Syd B…[Read more]
-
Reg the Fronkey Farmer replied to the topic Sunday School September 6th 2026 in the forum Sunday School September 6th 2026 3 weeks, 6 days ago
@ Strega – She was fine with not knowing because with Pink Floyd blasting, she could think about it.
-
Reg the Fronkey Farmer replied to the topic Sunday School September 6th 2026 in the forum Sunday School September 6th 2026 4 weeks ago
Have a great week!
Human beings aren’t fallen creatures awaiting rescue. They’re unfinished creatures capable of improvement. No gods required. Just some better engineering.
-
TheEncogitationer replied to the topic Third Man Syndrome in the forum Atheism 4 weeks ago
Jake:
After suviving that Belle Rose you can handle bout anything.
I have free climbed a mountain and gotten myself in real trouble. Could have died. Should have called for help. Risked it and survived. No third man accompanied me. However i had so much adrenaline that i literally did not feel cuts that were bleeding and had so much exuberance…
-
TheEncogitationer replied to the topic Third Man Syndrome in the forum Atheism 4 weeks ago
Belle Rose:
I meant to add also to select a Paychological Counselor who is LGBTQ friendly.
You don’t the added trauma of dealing with a trusted professional who is a quack who doesn’t think you should even exist without whatever weird “therapy” they think you need to change your orientation.
Again, keep us informed and I wish you the best.
-
TheEncogitationer replied to the topic Third Man Syndrome in the forum Atheism 4 weeks ago
Belle Rose:
I’ve never experienced the “Third Man” phenomenon. Perhaps, the mind detaches from situations of extreme trauma so it can perform necessary functions without distraction. The “third man” could be one form of this detachment. It would be good to talk to a Psychological Counselor who specializes in Trauma.
I hope you are doing…[Read more]
-
TheEncogitationer replied to the topic Sunday School August 30th 2026 in the forum
Sunday School 4 weeks agoFellow Unbelievers:
An interesting piece of archeology to add to the ideosphere of the Middle East:
Jewish presence predates Islam in Arabia
08.31.2026, by Sylvie Dauvillier
Reading time: 10 minutes
https://news.cnrs.fr/articles/jewish-presence-predates-islam-in-arabiaThe looney “Free Palestine” crowd are now going to “just ask the questions”:…[Read more]
-
TheEncogitationer replied to the topic Sunday School August 30th 2026 in the forum
Sunday School 4 weeks agoReg:
Hamas has “achieved” nothing but repression and destruction and the only way to “Free Palestine” is to free it from Hamas as well as their Palestinian Authority rival Fatah.
One can rightly criticize Bibi’s Intel for their failure of imagination, as well as Trump for his “Board of Peace” which is just his attempt to make the Israel-Hamas…[Read more]
- Load More