Are these the “birth pains” increasing with intensity?

Homepage Forums Theism Are these the “birth pains” increasing with intensity?

This topic contains 99 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Reg the Fronkey Farmer 20 hours, 22 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 100 total)
  • Author

michael17
    Participant

Michael, is this your strongest evidence? Do you imagine you have given any of us a moment of pause that you may be onto something? It has not escaped me that you fail to answer a great many questions. When you do answer it is in the context of your religious delusion. I wonder whether you would prefer to be disabused of the authenticity of prophecy or have unshakeable faith in a delusion.

These are dire times sir, I would prefer that you paint your entrance with blood and be spared from death.

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by  michael17.

These are dire times sir, I would prefer that you paint your entrance with blood and be spared from death.]

Michael – none of us are spared from death. One of the main reasons people still cling to religion is that they are not able to handle the fact that we are mortal. Do you really believe that you are to become an immortal?

Valar Morghulis.

michael17
    Participant

These are dire times sir, I would prefer that you paint your entrance with blood and be spared from death.] Michael – none of us are spared from death. One of the main reasons people still cling to religion is that they are not able to handle the fact that we are mortal. Do you really believe that you are to become an immortal? Valar Morghulis.

“And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God.”

Then the judgement, and by grace I can become immortal.

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by  michael17.

jakelafort
    Participant

A large earthquake was reported Tuesday evening near the Kuril Islands in the north Pacific, the U.S. Geological Survey said.

So Michael, is this a natural occurrence since it is not close to a population center?
    If it had been in Moscow then it would have been further confirmation of the prophecy?

michael17
    Participant

jakelafort wrote:A large earthquake was reported Tuesday evening near the Kuril Islands in the north Pacific, the U.S. Geological Survey said. So Michael, is this a natural occurrence since it is not close to a population center? If it had been in Moscow then it would have been further confirmation of the prophecy?

According to seismologists , statistically the same amount of earthquakes strike every year. So large earthquakes outside of population centers will continue. They are innocuous until they become a megaquake such as what struck Sumatra in 2004. It vertically shifted the entire plate and permanently tilted the earth a little and sped up its rotation. It was 9.0 in magnitude and the tsunamis killed thousands. Thus this quake was unprecedented in history.

• This reply was modified 4 days, 5 hours ago by  michael17.

jakelafort
    Participant

Michael, if the same number of earthquakes strike every year then is it the intensity or location that has changed recently? Does your analysis as it relates to population centers account for the population explosion which in turn augments the expanse of population centers? Has the intensity of earthquakes not near population centers increased correspondingly? If not is there a natural explanation?

_Robert_
    Participant

In order to get the two continental shelves to slip and grind do you think god has to squint his eyes and squeeze his butt cheeks together?

michael17
    Participant

Michael, if the same number of earthquakes strike every year then is it the intensity or location that has changed recently? Does your analysis as it relates to population centers account for the population explosion which in turn augments the expanse of population centers? Has the intensity of earthquakes not near population centers increased correspondingly? If not is there a natural explanation?

The intensity and location is shifting biased to impact more population centers.  Don’t know if the impact of urban sprawl has been addressed in the literature or the probability of higher magnitudes with increased urban sprawl. Someone should do a study then normalized the trend

• This reply was modified 3 days, 22 hours ago by  michael17.

michael17
    Participant

In order to get the two continental shelves to slip and grind do you think god has to squint his eyes and squeeze his butt cheeks together?

Animism is the perspective that matter can be manifestation of deity.  Not very much en vogue nowadays.

_Robert_
    Participant

Animism is the perspective that matter can be manifestation of deity. Not very much en vogue nowadays.

Well great floods, raising of the dead, and wilting fig trees have never been en vogue around here.

jakelafort
    Participant

So Michael, how can you be so certain about prophecy when you have not ruled out what ought to be the presumption-natural phenomena has a natural provenance? It is of even greater significance when the prophecy itself is a riddle wrapped in a metaphor that requires the prophet to have designated only a coterie of highly intelligent and perspicacious individuals who have an interest specifically in prophecy and made allowance for the advent of technology without which one would have no idea that a prophecy is fulfilled.

Simon Paynton
    Participant

One big earthquake isn’t a trend.

michael17
    Participant

Animism is the perspective that matter can be manifestation of deity. Not very much en vogue nowadays.

Well great floods, raising of the dead, and wilting fig trees have never been en vogue around here.

Death is the power of the enemy and with that power parochial authorities martyred the truth and is enthroned where thousands of martyrs were set on fire, on Vatican Hill. Now scufflers and naysayers can taunt until the Jews rebuild the Temple.

• This reply was modified 3 days, 20 hours ago by  michael17.

jakelafort
    Participant

Death is also nature’s way of slowing us down.

michael17
    Participant

So Michael, how can you be so certain about prophecy when you have not ruled out what ought to be the presumption-natural phenomena has a natural provenance? It is of even greater significance when the prophecy itself is a riddle wrapped in a metaphor that requires the prophet to have designated only a coterie of highly intelligent and perspicacious individuals who have an interest specifically in prophecy and made allowance for the advent of technology without which one would have no idea that a prophecy is fulfilled.

I’m surprise that the Skeptical Enquirer has not furnished such a study to date to quite the believers in the wake of increasing magnitudes impacting population centers.

You have the skills to do a back of the envelope calculation and so do I. I will put it on my list

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 100 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.