Godly Being

Homepage Forums Theism Godly Being

This topic contains 127 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  jakelafort 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 128 total)
  • Author

Davis

Johan, we’ve heard this kind of religious poetry before. It bores me to tears. I am entirely uninterested in a repeat of yet another Christian subjective inward experience where your brain convinces you that some fiction being someone created a few thousand years ago (God) has somehow magically filled up your heart with some sense of security that a book written in the bronze age is true. You have succumb to a brain infection known as “religion” which has unfortunately been passed down to you after hundreds of generations of continuous brain virus passing on…unless you have converted to the religion in which case the brain virus has been extra pernicious. Indeed…I will not be able to understand you…how someone can live with the religious brain virus when we already have the cure: reason and critical thinking.

@Johan – Now why do you insert “Dracula” into this topic?

You are quoting from the Bible to add validity to your argument as if that makes your particular god real.  I am quoting from Dracula to show that Dracula is just as real. We are both using the same standard of proof. Putting words in uppercase does not make them any more real. I often speak with people who think that their god is POWER or LOVE as if capitalizing the word improves their argument.  You need to define what you mean by god or GOD before you can make any logical argument based upon it. Don’t assume we know what or whom you mean.

Other parts are supposed to be a true record of events. Some of these ring true in my opinion.

Can you know see how weak that line is?

jakelafort
    Participant

Johan, do you understand how worthless your defense is? Did Reg get through to you?

PopeBeanie

So i didn’t use the Scriptures to prove to you anything. Just giving you the source of my believe. And the source of my Creation. That was from that point. If you do not know that I have been created by that Word then you will never understand me.

Scriptures of all kind are written by fallible human beings. You are relying 100% on creative speculation of what God or Jesus is, and in many cases of what actual history is. If God even exists, imo it’s pure hubris to suppose that any human’s opinion or account is truly accurate, an in fact is most likely divinely wrong. What makes you believe your favorite version of scripture is true and accurate, other than what other mortal, fallible human beings have told you or pressured you to believe?

Do you believe that the angel Gabriel actually spoke to Muhammad and therefore the Koran is the only valid scripture and understanding of Allah? If not, why not? Do you personally have any ongoing, first hand, personal conversations with God about which scripture is true and accurate?

Religionists of all kinds have no reason to believe their favorite scripture, other than it’s just what they want to believe, which is also the easiest mostly because it’s what the culture in which they grew up believes.

Btw in response to previous posts by others, as scriptures are written by humans, they are full of metaphor, too.

The Bible and Dracula:

One of the books looks at many of the darker themes that have involved humanity over the centuries. There are tales of blood sacrifice, incest, bestiality, violent non-consensual activity, the killing of innocent children by wild animals and of the enslavement of people. There are chapters about the re-animation of corpses and how the chief protagonist becomes an immortal by blood sacrifice and eternal love. Much of it is written in archaic language. The other book is a work of fiction.

jakelafort
    Participant

Giggles OL

That was good Reg.

Yeah and we therefore know that Jesus is real.  I mean a vampire is afraid of a crucifix so that is evidence enough for me that our Lord is not merely a supernatural figment of our cultural imagination. Now I am off to get a bite to drink.

jakelafort
    Participant

i seeya workin Dracula..

Johan
    Participant

Johan, we’ve heard this kind of religious poetry before.

Yep. Me too.

It bores me to tears.

Not me. I correct it.

I am entirely uninterested in a repeat of yet another Christian subjective inward experience where your brain convinces you

Yep. I know. Because you have nothing with which to correct it.

that some fiction being someone created a few thousand years ago (God) has somehow magically filled up your heart with some sense of security that a book written in the bronze age is true.

That is religion yep.

You have succumb to a brain infection known as “religion” which has unfortunately been passed down to you after hundreds of generations of continuous brain virus passing on…unless you have converted to the religion in which case the brain virus has been extra pernicious.

They. Not me.

Indeed…I will not be able to understand you…how someone can live with the religious brain virus when we already have the cure: reason and critical thinking.

I know. But I am here to show you the difference between your intellectual understanding of religion that is also a mind game and the Reality of God.

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by  Johan.

Johan
    Participant

You are quoting from the Bible to add validity to your argument as if that makes your particular god real.

Nope. I am quoting from the Bible to show where I got it from. To be humble and not to act as if it is of my own intellect.

I am quoting from Dracula to show that Dracula is just as real.

Your mistake then. To prove him real with a “book”.

We are both using the same standard of proof. Putting words in uppercase does not make them any more real.

Nope. Only you are on that “standard”.

I often speak with people who think that their god is POWER or LOVE as if capitalizing the word improves their argument.

So foolish. To judge me in their “standard”. Before having heard me out.

Proverbs 18
    13 He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him.

Just Loving the Owner of this Wisdom of course. He is my Husband.

You need to define what you mean by god or GOD before you can make any logical argument based upon it. Don’t assume we know what or whom you mean.

Yep. I never did that. I am here to show you. Never assume you know what somebody is about when you have not listened first.

James 1
    19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:

But I am here to show you the difference between your intellectual understanding of religion that is also a mind game and the Reality of God.

@Johan – could you please start by telling us which God you are claiming is real. Please to not quote the Bible or Quran or any other book to prove this “reality”. Show us evidence.

Nope. Only you are on that “standard”.

Wrong, you did:

Because I met with the Power of the Word of God that has the Ability to Create when you Believe it. I use capitals because it is Godly stuff. As opposed to human stuff.

How is your book more valid that min?. Reciting or quoting a book does not give it authority. What is your expertise in these matters?

@Johan – Never assume you know what somebody is about when you have not listened first.

James 1
    19 Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:

Dracula:

“Listen to them, the children of the night. What music they make!”

Johan
    Participant

could you please start by telling us which God you are claiming is real. Please to not quote the Bible or Quran or any other book to prove this “reality”. Show us evidence.

I don’t quote from the Bible to give evidence. Just to show where I get what i say and do.

Johan
    Participant

Johan, do you understand how worthless your defense is? Did Reg get through to you?

I understand where you are coming from. Speaking too quickly.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 128 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.