Is the US officially a fascist country yet?

Homepage Forums Politics Is the US officially a fascist country yet?

This topic contains 195 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Unseen 1 month, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 196 total)
  • Author

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Unseen,

You wrote:

So there’s a sexual stereotype. Why wouldn’t a woman be there to enjoy a shot or two of single malt or a simple beer?

Alas, there’s no bar in the grocery section, only beer and wine by the bottle and cans.  An in-store bar might be a good idea with a friendly crowd.🍷🥂🍺🍻

As for sexual stereotypes, I’m strictly business at work.

But if the woman made her claim at an apartment block party, I would say:

“Hmmm…I’m a skeptic of these claims, Ma’am, and just like Ronnie said: ‘Trust but verify!  Whoa!-Oh!-Oh!-Oh!-Oh!’

Shall we investigate this claim further together?   I carefully scan, feather-dust, scrub, scour, inspect, uncover, pry, and probe every curve and angle until I get to the bottom…and all will be revealed!” 😎🕵️‍♂️

Would you tell a black lady, “Enjoy your crack?”

If there were a non-fatal, diluted, slow-acting, time-released version, of course.  Maybe one day in my lifetime, cashiers will wish all drug-users: “To your health!” and all drug deals will go good.  👍

Just yankin’ your chain, Encogiwhatsit.

All in good fun, of course.  It makes “interesting times” go better.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  TheEncogitationer. Reason: Addendums for clarity

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Simon,

Star Trek isn’t a religion for me so much as one of many sources of thoughtful viewing.

My latest streaming treat from Pluto.tv is RazzTrax, which is like a 24/7 version of Mystery Science Theatre 3000 (MST3K) only with three humans instead of robots and a live audience.   RazzTrax and MST3K serve as reminders that no one has to be a silent absorber of whatever media dish out.  We are all agents in our own entertainment and enlightenment.

_Robert_
    Participant

Well it was certainly a nice change to see Joe and Kamala recognize the great loss of life due to the virus. By this time tomorrow evening, I hope a peaceful transfer of power will have occurred.

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Jake,

Since your concern is for socialized medicine and whether it is good to bring children into the world as it is, you may want to look at this:

U.S. Debt Clock–Real Time

https://usdebtclock.org/

As of the moment I enter this post, every child born in U.S. maternity wards has on his/her/its head $84,028 of Federal Debt, 3,706 of State Debt, and $6,345 in Local Debt (assuming it is equally divided among each U.S. Citizen.)  That equals a total of $94,079 of total Government Debt that each infant has on his/her/its head…without ever having willfully incurred it!

And if our nation adopts the Socialized Medicine of other nations, and if these past two stimulus checks becomes monthly Universal Basic Income (UBI,) that unconsented Government Debt on each U.S. infant’s head will be even greater!

And all of this unwanted Government Debt grows from the day of birth on as both principal and interest grows and compounds with time!

How will it affect the health of present and future generations if they have to work 2 or 3 shifts of work a day, 6-7 days a week struggling to pay that unwanted Government Debt which gets heavier and heavier and which may never get paid off?

How will all of this unwanted Government Debt affect the ability of present and future individuals to feed, cloth, house, exercise, and recreate themselves in healthy ways?  How will this affect the ability of present and future investors to invest in medicine and technologies that can lengthen and improve health and life?

How will all of this unwanted Government Debt affect the ability of the U.S. to face future threats to Life, Liberty, and Property from natural disasters and hostile powers abroad?

Now do you see why I don’t like Socialized Medicine and Government-provided womb-to-tomb “security?”

Unless there’s some way to make it all stop, these reasons alone are enough reason not to bring children into the world.  I would never condemn any fruit of my loins to a living death of misery and slavery that seems set to come.

Better to Suavez qui peut, avoid spreading misery, enjoy what’s possible, and assure those who are born that I did try to warn others before them.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  TheEncogitationer. Reason: Spacing

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Unseen,

TheEncogitationer: Where are the huddled masses from far shores (or even just North of us) wanting access to our system, money in hand to pay for ridiculously high premiums, deductibles, and copays, and wanting the most expensive health care system in the civilized world with among the worst outcomes?

Where are they?

Actually, back in 1989, I seen in the pages of MacLean’s, a Canadian monthly magazine, a full-page advertisement for a heart clinic…and that heart clinic was located in New Jersey.

That clinic wouldn’t spend a pretty Penny on full-page ads in a magazine more expensive than our own magazines, targeting Canadian prospective patients if that clinic didn’t offer something unique that the Canadian NHS did not offer.

Perhaps offering heart services and surgery without wait and bureaucracy was what made the clinic so attractive to Canadians.

If an imperfect system like our own lures Canadians, a better U.S. system without third-party financing and without government restrictions on supply will be even more attractive to both U.S. Citizens and Citizens of the world.

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Davis,

While the mind is a legitimate area of study, the “experts” are novices at best and scratch deep enough, many of those “experts” think that they themselves need help.

Until EEG devices can display the text of your thoughts, and until the Physicians can “heal thyselves,” all  the “experts” can go on is what people tell them.

Yes, I’m aware of “diversity training,” and it is the stuff of comedy gold, like when The Dunder Miflin Paper Company on The Office had a “Diversity Consultant” give a speech and do exercises with the company, and the Manager Michael interjected that the word “Mexican” was offensive. 😆

In the real world, in every workplace I’ve been in, the desire to get things done, get a paycheck and benefits, and make life easy along the way helps everybody get along and be friends, not “diversity training.”

If it’s any icing on the cake, so to speak, the company I work for is not only Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for the standard categories, but guarantees employment for applying Veterans who served after a certain date.

Also, my company was and is EEO regardless of sex, gender identity, and sexual orientation…at a time when the Federal Government banned open, “out” LGBTQs from the Military, and didn’t have guaranteed non-discrimination in Law Enforcement, Intelligence, and Civil Service.  My company also has a Unisex single-user restroom for Man, Woman, Baby, or Anyone Else and has floats and participants in the nearby city’s Pride Parade.

In other words, the business I work at is light-years ahead of religion and government in its treatment of associates, customers, and human beings period.

Non-discrimination, tolerance and inclusion awards business with a bigger pool of talent, a bigger customer base, bigger market share, and above all bigger profits$$$ over a business that is discriminatory, intolerant, and exclusionary!  No government is needed to tell a private, profit-seeking business that this is good.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  TheEncogitationer. Reason: Added qualifier of open and "out"
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  TheEncogitationer. Reason: Grammar

Davis

While the mind is a legitimate area of study, the “experts” are novices at best and scratch deep enough, many of those “experts” think that they themselves need help.

Wow. So you are a knowledge denier. It must be really wonderful to be able to dismiss anything you don’t like and generate excuses to explain away shit that conflicts with your world view. While it is intellectually bankrupt, it still must help you create a cognitive cocoon that keeps all of your biases in and all those troublesome arguments out which is good in the short term because it helps keep you safe from anything that challenges you. I’ll keep this in mind in the future and remember not to bother debating a great many things with you.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  Davis.

Davis

Better to Suavez qui peut, avoid spreading misery, enjoy what’s possible, and assure those who are born that I did try to warn others before them.

That was the most incoherent rant you’ve made yet. Debt is irrelevant. Centralised medicine is CHEAPER that private medicine. The taxes levied are cheaper than the money put towards private insurance. NET GAIN! No national debt. I mean this is an obvious piece of information. It’s like this square…and the only slots available to receive and process this information in your brain are triangles. Is there no way to jam that square into the triangular slot?

_Robert_
    Participant

TheEncogitationer said: How will all of this unwanted Government Debt affect the ability of present and future individuals to feed, cloth, house, exercise, and recreate themselves in healthy ways?

Very little. I hold lots of government debt in the form of bonds as part of my 7-figure portfolio and I earn interest on it and put that money right back into the economy. It’s all part of the intentional boom-bust and debt-interest-inflation rate cycle that periodically lowers and raises the value of government debt, further separating the net worth of the top 1% from the 99%. Interest rates are so low right now that government gets money for almost nothing and pays off it’s higher interest debt from when rates were higher. Shell game. In fact in Europe with negative rates you pay your government to hold your money in a ‘safe-place’.

What hurts is the ever growing wealth inequality and non progressive tax. 10% of the US population holds 70% of the wealth. Warren Buffet admitted that he pays a lower tax rate than his admin assistant. This is because capital gain are taxed less than your ordinary W2 as you move through the brackets. I love me some long-term capital gains. So these social democracies do tax their wealthy more. Yep, to make the country a better place for the 99%. That top 1%, they’ll be fine, trust me.

Unseen
    Participant

Actually, back in 1989, I seen in the pages of MacLean’s, a Canadian monthly magazine, a full-page advertisement for a heart clinic…and that heart clinic was located in New Jersey. That clinic wouldn’t spend a pretty Penny on full-page ads in a magazine more expensive than our own magazines, targeting Canadian prospective patients if that clinic didn’t offer something unique that the Canadian NHS did not offer.

An ad directed at rich Canadians, no doubt.

So, you’re for “all the health care you can pay for”? You’re for bidding for organs rather then allocating them rationally (or maybe, for you, an auction IS the rational way[?]).

Are Canadians begging their government “Give us health care like they have down in the United States”?

I think we all know the answer, probably even including you.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  Unseen.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by  Unseen.

Unseen
    Participant

Davis

Canada doesn’t have an NHS. They have 13 provincial and territorial systems (with notable differences). Canada has a fraction of the population that the US has. Even if they had private medicine there would still be ads for Canadians to go to American hospitals to try some treatments because a smaller country couldn’t possibly offer them all. You’re so full of stupid fucking excuses encoginator it is nauseating. It’s like a person with a broken arm telling a doctor 20 reasons why it doesn’t need to be treated. The fact that a country like Canada with a much smaller economy (and proportionally smaller economy) and a smaller standard of living can still have a highly efficient centralised system that ensures EVERYONE is covered and treated shows that it can EASILY be done. It just requires a greater public sense of “giving a shit” about other people (which believe it or not is possible) and resistance to rich medical companies and ideologically sociopathic people lobbying the crap out of the government.

Unseen
    Participant

@theencogitationer: Rich people from all over the world come to the United States for world class treatments at places like The Mayo Clinic and The Cleveland Clinic. Treatments administered by some of the world’s best doctors in a capitalist system are naturally quite expensive.

We may have “the best health care system in the world,”  but it’s a separate system from the other system available to the rest of us. A system, poor and expensive as it is, that doesn’t even exist for everyone. You see, E, for many, the ER is their health care system, and there the philosophy is to give only as much care as can justify shoving them back out the door.

Where is the good in all that?

jakelafort
    Participant

Enco.,

You are the living, breathing paradigm of human intransigence, of marriage to ideology that is in part the cause of my pessimism as to our future.

Atlas crapped himself.

_Robert_
    Participant

“Tough crowd, tough crowd I tell ya”. Well I feel sorta hopeful today. I can go back to appreciating things orange.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 196 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.