Is the US officially a fascist country yet?

Homepage Forums Politics Is the US officially a fascist country yet?

This topic contains 195 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Unseen 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 196 total)
  • Author

_Robert_
    Participant

_Robert_ So long as you know I wasn’t siding with the Bunker types, I was saying we tend to go right to racism, which is a gross oversimplification. And when I say “we,” I mean the “we we, which often includes me” not the “we means you we” which is more often what is used.

I was referring to the nostalgia post….I agree that is a big part of how the conservative boomers feel.

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Jake,

You wrote:

Your silence on the issue of nationalizing health care here in the USA is interpreted by me as an indication you don’t have an argument on the merits.

No, you have not come with a valid argument.

“Whatever is rubber is also glue, bounces off of us and sticks to you” is not a valid argument anywhere in the Natural Universe beyond a playground.

Did your law school have nap time?  Evidently, you stayed awake through it and it wasn’t easy on your constitution…or our Constitution.

Come with a valid argument, then we’ll talk.  Meanwhile, beddy-bye boze for you.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by  TheEncogitationer. Reason: Quote hypertext

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Unseen and Fellow Unbelievers,

To my experience, the people who make “race” into their Hokey-Pokey, (about which everything is,) tend to be the very evil and the very stupid.  And the bulk of problems related to “race” in our nation come from the very evil manipulating the very stupid.

For example, somehow, people have got this idea that a cashier is somehow “racist” if the cashier asks for a current, valid State-issued ID on a sale of alcohol, tobacco, or other controlled substances, or if the cashier refuses a sale of alcohol to a clearly intoxicated customer.

And no amount of explaining to customers that these requests for ID are required by law–to keep controlled substances out of the hands of their misbegotten children and to keep the intoxicated off the roads–will suffice.

And you also can’t explain to customers that both the cashier and the entire store can be held civilly and criminally liable if a sale is made to an intoxicated customer who injures or kills someone else on the road.  (“Dram shop” laws and vicarious liability would be from the pit of Hell if such a place even existed.)

Nope, because of the evil manipulating the stupid, every sale of a controlled substance has become a potential Woolworth’s Lunch Counter, so here is we, on the raggedy edge.

Davis

The cashier is racist if they disproportionately ask for ID from marginalised people and irregularly or little from non-marginalised people. And that does happen. It’s easy to not notice and a lot of people don’t notice.

Davis

No, you have not come with a valid argument.

Ugh Jesus Christ give me a bloody break. Anti-health care crusaders are some of the most stubborn and wilfully ignorant people to debate with.

jakelafort
    Participant

Encogitationer,

My argument is what they are doing works. What we are doing does not.

The rubber/glue is not an argument. Rather it is in response to your name calling nonsense that is autobiographical.

You have responded as your past performances suggested you would. You have nothing to offer. Just ideological tripe…

Simon Paynton
    Participant

People are allowed to be right wing.  Or left wing.  I prefer the moderate centre.

Unseen
    Participant

TheEncogitationer: Where are the huddled masses from far shores (or even just North of us) wanting access to our system, money in hand to pay for ridiculously high premiums, deductibles, and copays, and wanting the most expensive health care system in the civilized world with among the worst outcomes?

Where are they?

TheEncogitationer
    Participant

Davis,

You wrote:

The cashier is racist if they disproportionately ask for ID from marginalised people and irregularly or little from non-marginalised people. And that does happen. It’s easy to not notice and a lot of people don’t notice.

We cashiers are instructed to ask for ID from every customer who looks under 40.  (Older customers can look younger than they are due to affordable OTC anti-aging teatments and hard-living youngsters can look older than they are.) We cashiers also receive refresher courses on what to warch and none of it involves what people call “race.”  And we’re instructed to follow this with every alcohol and tobacco customer, every time.

Now, if we could route all drunk drivers onto a dirt track away from everyone else, that would be fine by me, but we can’t.  So,  if someone wants to bring “Intersectional Social Justice” nonsense into public safety policy, they can help clean up the carnage on the freeways and alleyways that result.

Simon Paynton
    Participant

Someone said, “black don’t crack”.  In other words, black people tend to look young for their age.

Davis

I’m not saying in your particular case that racism is the problem. What I am saying is that when cashiers can or choose to be selective about when they card people, and they disproportionately do so towards marginalised people…then that IS bigotry in action. It happens subconsciously every day. There are tons of studies which show these (sometimes subconscious sometimes on purpose) biases popping up ALL THE TIME including in job application screening, job selection, police stopping people, police ticketing people, police arresting people, judges sentencing people, security guards stopping people, prices quoted for products, table “availability” in restaurants.  While there are cases of marginalised people unfairly calling out racism…there are tons of cases of blatant racism that nobody does anything about, few people acknowledge and the consequences fall entirely on marginalised people. And yes intersectionality is an obvious thing. A gay, disabled black guy is clearly going to suffer more difficulties than just a disabled guy or a gay guy. This should not be controversial. Pretending as though biggotry isn’t a serious problem in the US (or any country) is just being wilfully ignorant. It is most especially easy to do if you are a straight white man.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by  Davis.

jakelafort
    Participant

I had a legal assistant who took a job at Marshall’s and she quit when she found out they had a deliberate policy in having their shoplifting checkers (yeah i don’t know the job title) give extra attention to all Black shoppers. She was not a big fan of racism. However she always maintained that smokers were a lower form of life. As soon as a client turned in papers that smelled of smoke she put up a stink.

Unseen
    Participant

When talking to conservatives about crime and extra attention given to black by cops, they’ll defend the practice pointing out that “the bulk of violent crime is black on black.” I typically reply that I thought conservative believed that people are individually responsible for their actions. I go on to say that if they want to suppress crime by suppressing a group, why not start with males? I bet something like 95% of violent crime is perpetrated by males.

Belle Rose
    Participant

I just saw a news report from CNN talking about a note from somebody that Trump met with talking about martial law. What do you guys think it’s going to happen? What do you think he is planning? I’m sure he’s planning some thing.… The question is… What? Let’s all take a guess and winner takes all LOL! How much you wanna bet he’s gonna do something really stupid before Wednesday.

Unseen
    Participant

I just saw a news report from CNN talking about a note from somebody that Trump met with talking about martial law. What do you guys think it’s going to happen? What do you think he is planning? I’m sure he’s planning some thing.… The question is… What? Let’s all take a guess and winner takes all LOL! How much you wanna bet he’s gonna do something really stupid before Wednesday.

That was the My Pillow guy. No, there won’t be martial law because the brass HATE TRUMP’S GUTS and the military swears a loyalty oath, not to the President but to the Constitution. They don’t have to follow illegal orders. Besides, there’s no mood in Washington to continue supporting Trump. He’s toast. Everybody wants him gone, probably including most Republicans.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 196 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.