Clearsky
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic A Conjecture: Intelligent technological life requires a skeleton in the forum Science 2 years, 12 months ago
Unseen wrote:
Does an octopus (or would one at our degree of intelligence) speculate about what’s out there beyond the surface of the water.The do sometimes explore the shore. Especially in tidepool areas.
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic A Conjecture: Intelligent technological life requires a skeleton in the forum Science 2 years, 12 months ago
Yikes, this topic will be challenging, trying to stay short and concise. As I often do, I’ll try to zoom out for wider perspective.
Unseen wrote:
While our science fiction writers write about alien intelligences in many different physical forms, I believe that having a skeleton is a necessary condition of any intelligent life form. Here on Earth,… -
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Sunday School 8th October 2023 in the forum
Sunday School 2 years, 12 months agoUnseen wrote:
A quick case for Earth being the only place with intelligent life in the universe:It’s just not possible in our current state of technology and knowledge to confidently make this “case”. Trying to prove a negative in such a large universe will be practically impossible for long time, while finding chemical signatures as likely…[Read more]
-
Strega replied to the topic Sunday School 8th October 2023 in the forum
Sunday School 2 years, 12 months ago@unseen The convenient similarity between white supremacy and Christian nationalism is that both base themselves on exclusive superiority and both denigrate outsiders. These feelings serve to justify bigotry in all its ways.
The Venn diagram of white supremacy and Christian nationalism would always have had a major overlap.
-
Strega replied to the topic Sunday School 8th October 2023 in the forum
Sunday School 2 years, 12 months agoThanks, Reg!
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Nobody saw this coming in the forum Small Talk 3 years ago
Reg the Fronkey Farmer wrote:
I hope you told them to go and ‘Have a blessed day’. That’s what I say in Georgia 🙂I’ve thought of that, but it wouldn’t feel sincere.
Maybe something like “I believe in the Church of FSM. But we don’t try to convert non-believers, so you need to look it up on the internets, and decide for yourself.”.
Or you know,…[Read more]
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Should AI be considered a creator under intellectual property law in the forum Small Talk 3 years ago
I have a couple of nits to pick, y’all can tell me whether or not they’re relevant.
Unseen wrote:
Since copyright exists to protect the work of original creators, should I be able to lay claim to a copyright on this poem? I don’t think so.I feel a need to refine this definition, and your question. Let’s stick to created music, for now. The c…[Read more]
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Biden WILL lose in 2024… in the forum Politics 3 years ago
Well yeah, the same guy that’s in your topic’s title.
Here’s a potentially relevant story. My first thought was Clinton wants to see someone other than Biden running.
The “Clinton Breaks With Democrat Party” headline got my attention. As an aside, I can’t even tell who chose that headline, msn, msnbc, American Insider, or New York Post. (Doesn’t…[Read more]
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Nobody saw this coming in the forum Small Talk 3 years ago
Oh wow, nice! I’ll pay more attention now to who honors that, especially anyone close to them. Their mother has been involved with the group, e.g. helping to get their words and grammar right in their Spanish songs. I heard one of them, Dany?, say they feel they know English better than Spanish, although outsiders presume that Spanish is their prim…[Read more]
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Nobody saw this coming in the forum Small Talk 3 years ago
Readers Poll 2023: Paulina “Pau” Villarreal Vélez Wins “Up And Coming”
Nice photo of her. Short article in Modern Drummer. I looked it up after hearing they interviewed her for a podcast episode, but it’s yet not been posted as I write this. (I’ve never seen “Vélez” in the name before.)
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Biden WILL lose in 2024… in the forum Politics 3 years ago
He sure looks a lot older than Trump, or any other potential GOP candidate.
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic They didn't do it. We did. in the forum Politics 3 years ago
Unseen wrote:
The story that won’t die continues… The Hunt for the Nord Stream BombersI enjoyed reading that article, as it presented several possible scenarios, including my contention (left unanswered) that it wouldn’t take nation-state level technology and equipment to plant the bombs. Note that I didn’t say it wasn’t a nation-state that was…[Read more]
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Holy F*cking F*ck F*ck F*ck. We are screwed!!! in the forum Politics 3 years ago
RichRaelian wrote:
Hi! I won’t pay attention to you if you swear every other word that comes out of your mouth.I’ll say “noted”, but since there’s no policy against it here, and objections are rare (if I ever even saw one in several years), I don’t think there’s a remedy. Personally, I only curse sparingly, because I feel it loses impact when u…[Read more]
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Nobody saw this coming in the forum Small Talk 3 years ago
Unseen wrote:
So, any thoughts on my what if idea about what a side group starring Alejandra would sound like. Possibly like a Spanish language version of L’Imperatrice?Yeah I meant to answer that. My first thought was something jazzy, but not as pop as that French group. Maybe she’ll start out with guest appearances, e.g. with Muse? Otherwise I…[Read more]
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Nobody saw this coming in the forum Small Talk 3 years ago
Unseen wrote:
Here’s something interesting that must be a track.Wow, that that lip synching is weird, especially in a live show.
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Nobody saw this coming in the forum Small Talk 3 years ago
Unseen wrote:
She has such a soft voice that even on songs where she supposedly takes the lead (mostly on older material like Hunter, River’s Soul, or Red Hands Never Fade) I have a hard time hearing her clearly. She’s not a belter of lyrics like Dany and Pau.Sometimes it takes a reactor to point out which part she’s singing in a harmony bef…[Read more]
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Nobody saw this coming in the forum Small Talk 3 years ago
Reg the Fronkey Farmer wrote:
Have you ever checked out Broken Peach? Not really my type of music but I think they are talented and very creative and do some great covers. Their Halloween Special is a blast.My thoughts, too. I like their creativity and humor. I jumped to their Tainted Love before I saw your suggested Don’t You Want Me. Both were…[Read more]
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Holy F*cking F*ck F*ck F*ck. We are screwed!!! in the forum Politics 3 years ago
Unseen wrote:
They see the Democratic Party as being overly concerned with their issues.I think you mentioned a few of the reasons why the pro-Trump minions have activated and aggressively spread. He encourages aggressively “taking over”, and “taking back” their country. The electoral college makes this easier, just look at the wide swaths of…[Read more]
-
PopeBeanie replied to the topic Who's missing? in the forum Small Talk 3 years ago
He’s disconnected for a while before, after mentioning how he’s sick of all the bullshit. I don’t think he meant us, or at least not all of us 🙂 But I’ll bet he’s busy doing something else as a kind of vacation for his mind, and he did mention tiring of bullshit wrt the world outside of AZ.
I’ve been trying to do more of that, too, these past…[Read more]
-
Strega replied to the topic Victim’s Remorse? Or something else? in the forum Advice 3 years ago
Belle, there’s no scenario that ends up with you both kissing each other on the cheek and promising to write. You know this.
You can never trust this woman again. Now that you have seen these aspects of her nature, you could never feel warm, safe and loved in a relationship with her.
The safest route for you is to never meet or speak with her a…[Read more]
- Load More