Does history attest to the accuracy of the prophecy of the book of revelation ?

Homepage Forums Theism Does history attest to the accuracy of the prophecy of the book of revelation ?

This topic contains 107 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  michael17 1 day, 13 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 108 total)
  • Author

Strega

Sorry I haven’t commented until now, but I’ve been busy fornicating and spouting wisdom to men in a most sinful way.

Michael, my question to you is this.  If you’ve found what you’re looking for, by way of what you define as evidence, why are you still looking?

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by  Strega.

I asked the same question of a theist recently.  He claimed to be a “seeker of the Truth” while also claiming to have read the infallible Bible which has all the answers we will ever need to know.

My question to him was “If the book has all you need to know then what are you still searching for”? which of course is a question not answered by his book 🙂

Apparently there was also no information on “zero-point energy” in it either. 🙁

jakelafort
    Participant

Michael, mass hysteria can be photographed. So can natural phenomena or contrived…

You wrote something that you should take to heart. THE SCIENTISTS SHOULD HAVE BEEN HONEST AND SAID SIMPLY, WE DON’T KNOW.

I betya if this Virgin Mary is later discovered to be a hoax like the famous bigfoot filming it will do nothing to dissuade you. You wont discover truth by deciding beforehand that something MUST be so. Being so invested in it only makes you blind.

I am reminded of this story from India. We have had a few great ones in Ireland. This is the latest which I mentioned a while back.

They seek him here, they seek him there, they find him everywhere…….

michael17
    Participant

Michael, mass hysteria can be photographed. So can natural phenomena or contrived… You wrote something that you should take to heart. THE SCIENTISTS SHOULD HAVE BEEN HONEST AND SAID SIMPLY, WE DON’T KNOW. I betya if this Virgin Mary is later discovered to be a hoax like the famous bigfoot filming it will do nothing to dissuade you. You wont discover truth by deciding beforehand that something MUST be so. Being so invested in it only makes you blind.

I don’t believe in the Marian doctrine and her bodily ascent to Heaven. I’m saying what appeared there was a lie. But it is indeed spiritual in nature.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  PopeBeanie. Reason: ye olde bq fix

jakelafort
    Participant

Define spiritual por favor.

michael17
    Participant

I am reminded of this story from India. We have had a few great ones in Ireland. This is the latest which I mentioned a while back. They seek him here, they seek him there, they find him everywhere…….

Because of the  Catholic false Christianity and its Babylonish ways people evoke the strawman fallacy, to condemn Christianity.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  PopeBeanie. Reason: bq fixie

michael17
    Participant

Define spiritual por favor.

OK, it’s undefined in nature. I’m  acknowledging your previous comment.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by  michael17.

michael17
    Participant

Sorry I haven’t commented until now, but I’ve been busy fornicating and spouting wisdom to men in a most sinful way. Michael, my question to you is this. If you’ve found what you’re looking for, by way of what you define as evidence, why are you still looking?

I have not found what I’m looking for yet. Now Im just bouncing what swayed me early in my investigations against critical thinkers on this site

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  PopeBeanie. Reason: bq thinker

spiritualism = supernaturalism.

Every Christian I ever met asserts that theirs is the correct version of Christianity. When the Jehovah Witnesses call to me they claim that those I helped become “ex-members” were never “true Christians” in the first place. Sometimes I leave their “Awake” magazine on the coffee table when the Mormons call to save my soul. Ah, the simple pleasures in life!!

michael17
    Participant

spiritualism = supernaturalism.

That’s true. I was just acknowledging that I had no right to bring it into the context of what I know. Better to leave the observation as undefined

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  PopeBeanie. Reason: same-o

michael17
    Participant

The only truth wrt religion I’m certain of is that mortal human beings wrote all scriptures. The latest, supremely influential contribution to scriptures came from Muhammed (peanut butter upon him), riding on the coattails/wings of Gabriel (and other widespread mythology of the time) to achieve maximum credibility in his neck of the woods/desert and political era. I was going to mention Sir Isaac Newton’s fascination with eschatology, whose IQ was surely monumental. Humans and some earlier hominids developed their own increasingly incredibly powerful neural software updates (i.e. culture), creating language, useful tools, grand-scale agriculture/hunting skills/politics, art, music, fiction… and gods and religion in attempts to explain all the things that previous species couldn’t explain, much less ponder. We all know how crazy cultures and subcultures evolved over thousands (and hundreds of thousands) of years. Imagining and proposing (or declaring) connections in nature and life experiences could sometimes usefully inform intellectual and technological progress, but included, and still includes (now more than ever) an increasingly large wasteland of intellectualized/cerebrally-derived BULLSHIT. I ask myself what is this undying meme about proving that traditionalized scripture written by mortal human beings is true? The meme isn’t limited to scriptures, but takes on all kinds of myth, metaphysics, pseudo-science, and cultural constructs, e.g. political and economic systems… especially where prophesy matters so much, because proposed connections and predictions are just as exciting and self-reinforcing via faith as betting one’s life savings at Las Vegas. There is an ultimate “prize” (Heaven), perceived and wished to be right around the corner, and we just know we’ll be proven correct someday, or maybe the journey is full of purpose even in avoidance of Hell. This has been going on for millenia. Science kinda does this too. But religions insist that faith in scripture (and one’s chosen or invented interpretation of it) trumps any doubt or other interpretation of it, even to the extent at times of shunning or executing its non-conformers. Peer (or overlord) pressure trumps independent evaluation. Newton had to keep his genius evaluations to himself when they conflicted with current, traditional religious authorities. Michael, not only are prophecies written by fallible mortals, but they require constant fallible mortal interpretation and fallible mortal evaluation as to their purported truthiness. Why would a just and infallible God not make His plans more clear from the beginning, and/or why would He watch his creation destroy itself?

I explained this in an earlier post. The book of Revelation had to be coded due to the persecutions and martyrdom throughout the Empire. Even as you indicated, Sir Isaac Newton has to be careful ( but more so Galileo, in his day). However Daniel was more free, and as such was bold enough to give the interpretation in the very book he wrote.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by  michael17.
    • This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  PopeBeanie. Reason: bq

jakelafort
    Participant

Yeah persecutions and martyrdom…

Otherwise no code and no need for 164 iq Michael to waste his time centuries later deciphering the code. Perhaps the gestapo was going door to door inspecting the scribblings of the few literate, that is if a literate agent was to be found. Yeah the empire was cracking down on malcontents who were out to overthrow the empire. It was a clear and present danger to the suzerainty of the mighty empire-A real case of prior constraint.

It is too bad the architect could not have figured out a more effective and less disruptive way to deliver his message. When considering the architect’s knowledge of future as demonstrated by the coded prophecies it might have made sense to avoid the confusion, the martyrdom, the unnecessary dispersal of religions with the concomitant cruelty and suffering. All of that could have been avoided by the architect. But perhaps we ascribe too many omnis: benevolence, power, knowledge. After creating a universe that we can’t even begin to comprehend perhaps there is sentient life that takes precedence. And the creation of the universe itself…just figuring out the physics, the quantum mechanics, the life span, oh and housing for the dead! Which organisms will have souls? What does the architect do before the advent of his message with all of the dead? Do they get the prime housing or the low-rent accommodations. After all that work we ought not condemn the architect for his failings. BURNOUT! I can relate.

michael17
    Participant

I would say yes, based on my most recent research. Below is short a synopsis of what I found: The houses of Oldenburg, Bourbon and Nassau. The three remaining Houses of Europe (Remaining Royal bloodlines in Europe of the ten horns) shall be totally uprooted and replaced by the beast to come who will stand in the reconstructed Jewish Temple and proclaim himself God. These Three Houses are the last remaining Houses of the Houses prophesied in the Book of Revelations and the three horns to be uprooted in the Book of Daniel. At the writing of the book in 95 Ad seven heads of the Roman Empire prophesied. This became true: Western Roman Empire Edit Julio-Claudian Dynasty (27 BC – AD 68) Flavian Dynasty (69–96) Nervan-Antonian Dynasty (96–192) Severan Dynasty (193–235) Constantinian dynasty (303–363) Valentinian Dynasty (364–457) House of Theodosius from 379—476 This is the beast with seven heads and ten horn with the Harlot riding it, Babylon the Mysterious ( Rome and Constantinople, Seats of Latin and Greek Orthodox Rites also referred to in prophecy as the beast the looked like a lamb but spoke like a dragon connoting the darkness behind it.

There actually was a dichotomy at play. On one hand it was an honor and a privilege to make the ultimate sacrifice even as Christ did fulfilling the scores of prophecies but on the other hand it was more painful than a root canal, so let’s put it off as long as possible. Remember the trembling and sweating of Christ during his passion. Paul expresses this dichotomy in his letters. But sacrifice even as foreshadowed by offering animals at the alter has always been the way to prove your faith and love. God so loved the world  he offered his only son as an atonement for sin. After Abraham proved his righteousness by doing the same, God thus fulfilled the shadow. A multitude of Christians were affixed to poles (crosses) and set aflame atop Vatican hill to give light to the city under Nero Caesar. Even up until the 18th century there were martyrdoms during the unholy inquisitions once again caused by Rome. Rome is “drunk with the blood of the saints” and as such she thinks she is the spiritual leader of the world but she is really Babylon the Mysterious, Mother of Harlots and Abominations on the Earth, What happen at the Coptic Church in Egypt, I contend is part of the Babylonian Mystery, the witchcraft induced by killing so many holy people from Vatican hill.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by  michael17.

_Robert_
    Participant

he offered his only son as an atonement for sin

Ah yes…. the idiotic morality of the bronze age that one’s responsibility can be transferred because of faith in a blood sacrifice. Try that in today’s secular justice system.

But sacrifice even as foreshadowed by offering animals at the alter…

No foreshadowing here, humans were routinely sacrificed since prehistoric times.. you know the prescientific, unenlightened world that you think had it all right. As for the persecution of Christians…the persecution of Jews, Muslims, Native Americans, and Asians by high and mighty Christians has no equal. From modern death camps to impalements to heads on stakes and the spread of AIDs in Africa we see the result of the “teachings” of Jesus.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 108 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.