Does history attest to the accuracy of the prophecy of the book of revelation ?

Homepage Forums Theism Does history attest to the accuracy of the prophecy of the book of revelation ?

This topic contains 108 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  PopeBeanie 37 minutes ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 109 total)
  • Author

michael17
    Participant

@robert

Actually in fulfillment of prophecy plans to rebuild the Jewish Temple are under way. They have already a herd of red heifers, the Sanhedrin exists again after nearly 2 millennium, the sacrificial alter was constructed last year, the keystone to the old temple has been found to be reused, the Levitical priesthood has been reestablished,  the vestial garments have been recreated in addition to temple ornaments.

The difference is under God only sin offerings are done and by Christ’s blood can any man be saved that believes.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by  michael17.

The Sanhedrin is restored?  When did that happen and what powers do they have?

Maimonides must be smiling down on them!

michael17
    Participant

The Sanhedrin is restored? When did that happen and what powers do they have? Maimonides must be smiling down on them!

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/73311

Yes, the world is shaping in resemblance to the first Century, with all the key actors and structures in place so that Daniel Chapter 9 may be fulfilled.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  PopeBeanie. Reason: bq

jakelafort
    Participant

Michael, it is disturbing to read your religious delusion. It could as easily be the words of a schizophrenic person in the grips of a delusion.

It appears there is no reasoning with you.

I am not so sure about that Michael. I asked you what authority do they have. I do understand the differences between Reformed and Orthodox Judaism and I don’t think any of these modern iterations are the “real deal” as the only power they can exercise is over themselves in their own fringe groups. But they are not “the supreme court” of Jewish law. More.

michael17
    Participant

Michael, it is disturbing to read your religious delusion. It could as easily be the words of a schizophrenic person in the grips of a delusion. It appears there is no reasoning with you.

Since you believe that mass hysteria can cause luminous beings to appear in the sky and be filmed and witness by thousands, I can’t say I trust your faculties completely in these matters. But thanks for being a critical examiner.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  PopeBeanie.

michael17
    Participant

I am not so sure about that Michael. I asked you what authority do they have. I do understand the differences between Reformed and Orthodox Judaism and I don’t think any of these modern iterations are the “real deal” as the only power they can exercise is over themselves in their own fringe groups. But they are not “the supreme court” of Jewish law. More.

I guess the jury is still out since they are newly formed. Let’s assess their authority later.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by  PopeBeanie.

I guess the jury is still out since they are newly formed. Let’s assess their authority later.

There have been other attempts to re-establish the Sanhedrin over the years but they are always a fringe group of fundamentalists. Yes, the jury is still out because they cannot be both the judges and the jury. They have no legitimate authority.

Michael – here is something in PDF format I recently stumbled upon. You might be interested in it.

michael17
    Participant

If you climb the eighth hill of Rome, The Janiculum, named after the imaginary god Janus, you get a great view of the other seven hills. Hope that does not mess with your numerology too much.

I promised to get back to you on this. The Janiculum, as you say, overlooks Rome but it is not a mountain on which Rome sits. “ Sit” is the operative word for it to have been included in prophecy and thus foreshadowing the seven dynasties of the beast that slayed true Christians. Rome became “drunk” with the blood of the martyrs, meaning God has sent it strong spirits of delusions, such that from Vatican hill where it set fire to Christians to light the city it thinks its the spiritual capital of the world this strong delusion is the cause of the Marian Apparition at the Zeitun Coptic church, analyzed by scientist for 2 years.

• This reply was modified 3 days, 12 hours ago by  michael17.
    • This reply was modified 3 days, 12 hours ago by  michael17.

jakelafort
    Participant

Michael, that was illuminating.

physeter
    Participant

Michael: I’ve been at this for 40 years, trust me I’ve done lots of research!

Michael 10 min later: There’s a 3-story computer in Brussels called “the beast!”

Reg – shows with simple google search that the “Beast” computer in Brussels was a fictional thing in Christian novel.

Oops…

This is what cracks me up the most about Biblical “prophecy” debates. People who insist they are internet experts but then show they don’t have even the most cursory critical reading or critical thinking skills.

No, history does not attest to the “accuracy” of the “prophecies” of Revelation.

• This reply was modified 3 days, 11 hours ago by  physeter.

physeter
    Participant

Honestly, if you want to find some interesting, eye-opening facts, go study Muslim prophecies and see how much of that has already been fulfilled… Allah is coming back soon!

michael17
    Participant

Michael: I’ve been at this for 40 years, trust me I’ve done lots of research! Michael 10 min later: There’s a 3-story computer in Brussels called “the beast!” Reg – shows with simple google search that the “Beast” computer in Brussels was a fictional thing in Christian novel. Oops… This is what cracks me up the most about Biblical “prophecy” debates. People who insist they are internet experts but then show they don’t have even the most cursory critical reading or critical thinking skills. No, history does not attest to the “accuracy” of the “prophecies” of Revelation.

That was an anecdotal response to Reg’s comment not based on my research. But you are right, even anecdotally  it’s not advisable to spew unverified information. I just googled it just now and the complete story is preposterous.

• This reply was modified 3 days, 10 hours ago by  michael17.

jakelafort
    Participant

It all has to be reconciled within the delusion. The delusion itself is sacrosanct and bedrock belief. There may be reasoning from within but there is zero reasoning outside of the delusion.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 109 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.